Home
Stopped by one of the local shops recently, and found this hiding on the rack...and it looks like someone put a decent amount of work into the old Swedish Mauser. What sold me was the really nice full-length stock and end cap, makes for a very compact and lightweight package. Barrel length is somewhere around 17.5-18", kind of an odd length but still very handy. Safety has been replaced with a low profile model, and bolt handle was re-contoured. No bad for a 6.5x55!

Overall, its a damn nice little rifle. Not sure what scope I am going to mount, likely either a Burris or Sightron fixed 6x.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sharp.
Nice! You gotta love finding "treasure" in local gun shops.
Ruger did a limited run m77 stainless 6.5x55 with an 18.5" barrel and a walnut full stock recently. They are very nice looking handy hunting rifle. I haven't seen too many for sale. And the ones I have have been around $1500.

Bb
Very classy. I like it a bunch.
Would have came home with me too, I dig it!
Major slick! Done by a pro I would think. Congrats!!!
That’s the proper way to butcher a milsurp!
We need a range report when you have it…..
I would love to know who made that stock.

I have a M96 that I really like, converted much the same way plus a Timney trigger but the stock on it is a hot mess.

RAS
Nice, I'd be awful tempted to put the leaf back on and run it open sighted.
Neat little rifle. 😊
Nice, looks like a professional build. Nice find!!
Nice looking rifle.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Nice, I'd be awful tempted to put the leaf back on and run it open sighted.
Was thinking the same, but would probably fit a Lyman 57 peep.
Very nice rifle and a great score!
I like!
Hell ya
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nice, looks like a professional build. Nice find!!

Someone definitely spent a little time on it, specifically the stock. I would love to have another one identical to it in .35 Rem!
Congrats on a quality milsurp! I easily fall in love with the full aka Mannlicher stock configurations! Yours, exemplary of ringing my chimes! The "odd" barrel length would be right I believe for a Model 1894 Swede Carbine, made up principally up to about 1916 or so. A great chambering and those Swede '96 series renown for quality! A short barrel milsurp making sense.

My opposite extreme lived! As "seemed like a good idea at the time..." Sako Mk V full stock carbine, conjuring a truly good price point wise; BUT... 20" barrel in .375 H&H Mag... An 'all factory' flame-thrower X lots of "Ft Lbs push back! Marginal 'in prime' days, more in Arthritic Eighties! But would I part with it... NO!

Enjoy that nice 6.5 great chambering edition!

Best!
John
All of the Interarmco G33/50s were rebranded 1894 carbines, that is why your rifle has the short barrel.

The stock is pretty and I would have been tempted if I'd seen it for sale at a fair price.
Reminds me of the one Francis E. Sell used to tote in his Deer Hunters Guide.
Interesting
That’s a very, very cool rifle Jason sweet find I love it!!
I love it
Very classy rifle. Enjoy.
Gorgeous gun, but….

Get rid of the white line spacer.

The only thing I hate more than a fat girl that doesn’t drink is a white line spacer on an otherwise beautiful rifle.
I don't really mind the spacer, but it would look even better with a red pad in place.
Ended up mounting a Sightron SII fixed 6x in a set of low Burris Zee rings, now I just need a chance to get it to the range...

Elegant little rifle!!! Good catch
Very nice, I’ve always wanted one.
Nice Grab

I'da jumped on that without a second thought...
I think your scope looks good enough, but that thing begs for a receiver sight.

If I were to scope it, it'd wear a leupold 2.5X

Sitting here wondering why I never see things like this on a rack somewhere. Truth is, I've had my opportunities...

You're not shadowing EdM, are you?
It would be really nice to add a rear peep, but it would have to be drilled/tapped to use a standard Mauser style peep.
Receiver sights are fun at the range but they are horrible in the last few minutes of legal shooting light for hunting.
Very nice find. It should be a lot of fun to take out in the woods.
If it were mine I would look everywhere until I found a Leupold 3x scope to put on it
Yes, a leupold 3x or a K3 weaver would look very nice on that rifle! Nice old school gun!
Very nice snag…probably would have come home with me, depending…

I’d have put a physically smaller scope on it, probably in the 3 - 4x range, but that’s just me.

While I love the idea of a receiver sight, realistically most of my deer here in the Low Country are shot close to dark and my eyes being 76 years old…there were a few I killed last year under conditions where a receiver sight would have worked just fine, but too many where it would have been sketchy.

In any event, nice snag. And leave the white line…it belongs to a particular era.
© 24hourcampfire