Home
Posted By: longshot3 Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24
So, while posting on here, and being addicted to the classifieds 😄, I see your handles, read what you say and sometimes interact through conversation either by phone, or here without ever shaking a hand, knowing an approximate age, or even what they look like. So here, post a recent pic of yourself and drop an age(or not). It will be fun.

Here's me last week on about a mile from our property in northern New Mexico. 54 years young!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Is it fun yet?
Posted By: hanco Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24
We did an age thing some years ago. The average was 63. We can do it again, I think I’ve gotten older.

I’m 71, 69 in pic

Never thought I’d live to be 70

Originally Posted by Pappy348
Is it fun yet?

It's always fun, especially on a rainy, windy morning. Bored really!
hanco appears to be having fun….

I’m hoping they get enough rain South of here to put out the fires.
Posted By: hanco Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24
hanco appears to be having fun….

I’m hoping they get enough rain South of here to put out the fires.

I always have fun, waiting for son in law to wake his ass up, go do some deer lease work.
Hanco is no joke! We worked on our lease yesterday and shot some long steel afterwards. I'm heading out to the loading bench shortly.
46 if I live another couple weeks! On March 21st I had my two year anniversary with no tobacco or nicotine. Hopefully get to 90 or so!
Originally Posted by Deere_Man
46 if I live another couple weeks! On March 21st I had my two year anniversary with no tobacco or nicotine. Hopefully get to 90 or so!

Good job brother! I quit smoking in 2004 and quit Copenhagen in 2015. Keep it up! I'm hoping for 90's as well.
I turned 72 in January, older than Mule Deer and even, if you can believe it, gnoahhh and ingwe. Never smoked, and lost 45lbs or so the last couple of years, so barring whoopsies, I may have some good years left in me. Family on both sides were long-lived if they didn’t eat or drink themselves to death or smoke.
I can’t post pictures , but my age is 74 , been a member since 2004 . I’ve meet some nice people here. I hope to meet more!
74 last week. I took up running when I turned 50. 5-11 and weigh 140 pounds. Last year I did a 5k with a time of 26.46 first place in the 70 and up age group of 12 guys. Racing again this year on April 13 and hoping to win my age my age group.
That's cool. I've recently dropped 60 pounds and have changed my eating habits for the better. Turning 50 certainly got me thinking about ways to get healthier. Lots of good venison helps too!😁
I will be 81 in August.Still elk hunting.

Here I am with Jeanne Horne ( J Bar H Outfitters) a very good friend of mine. She volunteered to help me pack my elk out this past elk ML season( 2023)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I will be 81 in August.Still elk hunting.

Here I am with Jeanne Horne ( J Bar H Outfitters) a very good friend of mine. She volunteered to help me pack my elk out this past elk ML season( 2023)

Are you the one in the middle?😛

Sorry, it was too easy to pass up……
I turned 72 in January, older than Mule Deer and even, if you can believe it, gnoahhh and ingwe. Never smoked, and lost 45lbs or so the last couple of years, so barring whoopsies, I may have some good years left in me. Family on both sides were long-lived if they didn’t eat or drink themselves to death or smoke.

Ya got me by exactly a year Pappy, but I think Ingwe has us both beat. He directed Lee's artillery fire at Gettysburg after all.

I still maintain some bad but satisfying habits but aim to keep on squinting through gun sights for years to come.

Hard to find a pic, seems like I'm always behind the camera. I'm 70 by the grace of God.
Yes I fell out of the ugly tree! A spry 53 yrs old.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jc189 Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24
I'm 66 yrs old. Here's a pic taken a couple of weeks ago. I took my 9 year old Grandson Turkey hunting. He shot his first Gobbler.

I love hunting with the little ones. Fun stuff.

Congrats jc189! Good stuff there!
I’ll be 43 in a few weeks. I have at least one of my kids along most of the time while hunting or fishing, and I hope to continue that for decades to come.
Muzzleloading hog camp just last week. I’m 68

Posted By: Ky221 Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24
55 yesterday. I've definitely noticed a metabolism change since 50. The lifestyle that worked up to now ain't cutting it. Try and get some serious cardio at least 3 times a week - running when there's no snow and backcountry skiing when there is (30 mins up for every 5 down!). But, I've got to look at the diet. Some of you guys are an inspiration! I want continue hunting the mountains for a while yet. Last August:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

My god you're one SEXY SOB!

Luv those mutton chops!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24

As someone else mention, I'm pretty much always on the other end of the camera. I take a lot of pictures, but not of myself. I guess I'm technically in the picture here via my shadow a couple months ago🤷‍♂️😂

I'm 85; was 83 in picture with my last buck killed in WY[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Come October I'll be 75, I've lost 70# in the last few years sneaking up on what I weighed when I got married 37 years ago. Workout in the gym 3 days a week and walk a mile every day, never smoked but will have a beer or mixed drink every now and then.
Turning 68 early part of April.
Originally Posted by T_Inman

My god you're one SEXY SOB!

Luv those mutton chops!

Schidt! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥔
I was 77 on this moose hunt last fall...

That pipe is awesome!
Posted By: CZ550 Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/23/24
I don't post photos here, but in my blogs there are some. I'm 88 and will be hunting bear this spring (May 2024), God willing, using my .458 Win Mag.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca
I am 78. I like hunting cape buffalo. Brian
From 7-70, hardly any change at all...

Great stuff here!
I'm 58 years old
60 years old next month.
I'm scheduled to turn 76 this coming June, now older than most of the people I know.
OK Pappy348
Here is one from two years ago riding the Grand Canyon/Phantom Ranch ride.

About 55 years ago.

Some time in the early 2000's

I’m 53 and still trying to load pictures. I’m in good health. In my mind I’m twenty something but my body says different.
68 in May....
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Just turned 49
Mentally 13, Physically about 70 actual =53

Last November. I'll be 56 in May.
Probably around 25... Our plane in the background.

Talking to planes, about 33. That's DD over my shoulder in the blue shirt.

After a Chukar shoot with DD, somewhere near 50 at the time.

Muffin, Mrs Muffin, the Muffinettes, and the 'Interloper', 62-ish...

With my brothers, several years ago...

If I make it to the end of the year I'll be 70
Younger days
52 in a couple months. Wife’s a year younger
Posted By: JGray Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
Turned 63 last month. Last fall with grandson:

Just passed 62. Didn't take up hunting until I was 44 and then got hooked on single shots and reloading. Glad I found this forum and have enjoyed all the great information.
Don’t post pictures but I moved past 73 end of last year. I moved away for a while but this is where family is and Alaska has been home since 1981.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Don’t post pictures but I moved past 73 end of last year. I moved away for a while but this is where family is and Alaska has been home since 1981.

We lived in Palmer for four years(Helen Dr, about two miles behind the Noisy Goose)! By far, my favorite place I've lived. We had a view of Pioneer Peak from our bedroom. Moved back to Virginia when my health nose dived and found out I have Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Be 66 in a couple of months and slap wore out.

No telling when the last picture was taken of me.
Posted By: RicG Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
73 and change. Still vertical.
I am 73 and still at it. My late friend Don used to say "go as hard as you can as long as you can". This is the only pic I have of me I had in photobucket. Too lazy to add to that site. This is elk #26. Count is now 27, mostly cow.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

40 years ago with my first of five GWPs and a few scalies
55 next month
I'm 70.
I'll be 62 in a couple months. Don't have many field pics since I mostly hunt solo but here is one a couple years ago.

79 here....have added a year since then....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Well, I'm 85. Never figured I'd make it that far. Always figured some jealous husband or boy friend would do me in.
PJ
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
The age range here is surprising.
I'd swear that there are times when one would believe it was populated by 12 year olds. 😆😆
Posted By: Deans Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
73 by the Grace of God.
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Well, I'm 85. Never figured I'd make it that far. Always figured some jealous husband or boy friend would do me in.
PJ

There's still time! Keep at it!
57, so far.

[Linked Image]
My son's flight school graduation last August.
[Linked Image]
Jamming with my buddy at a winery.
[Linked Image]
My grandson's first hunt this past season.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: OGB Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
Last fall in Colorado. I'm 52
Posted By: papat Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
Be 69 in a few days. Would post a pic but don't want to scare you all.
Wow, looks like you’re definitely having fun, and been having it right along…

Congrats!
Posted By: ADNA Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/24/24
I am 75 but still do almost everything I want to do, just a little slower
Me with my family at age 34

Me 50 years later after a morning of fixing fence that elk had torn down over the winter

[b][/b]
I’ll be 50 in July. Hard to believe. They told my folks I wouldn’t live long and I’d be pretty sick often…turns out they underestimated me!
55 - This is me in my "required" costume in our gift shop in Alaskaland. I don't have many pictures of myself. I hate the notion of retiring but I need to hunt and fish.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
longshot3;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that the day out on the east coast of Virginia behaved for you and you're well.

As others have noted, I'm often a solo hunter and don't get many photos where I get in.

That said, if you go to the news item in the link, at the 1:40 mark they're interviewing a little cowboy looking guy who I'm told looks and sounds a whole lot like me.

https://globalnews.ca/video/9482307...i8qjU4X2M0rs3HaWvRKUarTbpxJ_8ZYbiUb_a48g

Lord willing I'll turn 62 this fall and yes, I did the sheep count again this year, helped organize it as it turned out.

Thanks for the thread and to those who've joined in, it's interesting to put a face to the names.

All the best.

Dwayne
Me in 1989. A little military post called Ft. Hood. I don't have anything current on this computer. I turned 70 last October. I'll look around and come back and post something current.
kwg

51. Don't remember half of it but it was a fun ride. Had to grow up at some point I guess.
66 years old this past October. This pic was with my very best sweetheart of 42 years in New Mexico a few days before our elk hunt. She's turning 65 this summer but doesn't look it.

Will be 64 this July. God has been good to my family in many ways including good health and a friend or two.

I’m a studly 53…

Posted By: memtb Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/25/24
71, but no photos by myself. By the time I edit out the other people…..the photo quality is garbage! memtb
36 years old.
I am 58. This picture was taken 2 years ago. I don't seem to have many pictures of myself. My wife of 36 years passed away last month.

Posted By: hanco Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by kandpand
I am 58. This picture was taken 2 years ago. I don't seem to have many pictures of myself. My wife of 36 years passed away last month.

I’m so sorry, can’t imagine the pain you feel!
Originally Posted by hanco

I’m so sorry, can’t imagine the pain you feel!

+1!
I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm 54 this year.

Nice!
I turned 60 last Nov. Been rode hard and put up wet most of those years. Called out of work last night and that's something I almost never do.
I hate that mainly because I was going to tell them I'm retiring and April 5 would be my last day.
If I posted a picture it would crash the fire'.
I'll be 73 in Oct.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Made it to 66 this yr. Oldest living male in the blood line.
Posted By: memtb Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/25/24
Very sorry to hear of your wife’s passing! Thoughts and Prayers for You and Your Family. memtb
56 here, wife says I'm not that old but I have a lot of miles on me. lol
Posted By: jc189 Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by memtb
Very sorry to hear of your wife’s passing! Thoughts and Prayers for You and Your Family. memtb

+1

Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear this news. You'll be in my prayers. What part of NE GA are you from? I come from nearby, live in SW GA now.

Prayers up.
62 - only by the grace of God.
68 here. Also surprised by the ages here. Lots of adults in the bunch. Makes me wonder what the age is of the ones I think of as "keyboard cowboys"
I'm 49

Attached picture img_1_1705598919836-1.jpg
Originally Posted by Godogs57

So sorry to hear this news. You'll be in my prayers. What part of NE GA are you from? I come from nearby, live in SW GA now.

Prayers up.

Thanks, I live in Toccoa, GA
Posted By: Cigar Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/25/24
60 .. Man that was fast!
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Prayers up.

Thanks, I live in Toccoa, GA
Our family farm is right across the line in SC. Deliverance was filmed near our farm. And no, I can’t play a banjo.

Prayers lifted my friend.
Originally Posted by gunnut308
I’m a studly 53…

😂🤣😂🤣

So sorry for your loss.
currently 57 , pic was from Dec of 18.. just before I turned 52. when I first got rascal dog at 7 weeks old..

I'm 68. This photo was taken last Christmas with my lovely bride of 42 years.

[Linked Image]

My condolences, kandpand.

Peace to you.
I turned 74 earlier this month. My picture is to the left.
Originally Posted by kwg020
Me in 1989. A little military post called Ft. Hood. I don't have anything current on this computer. I turned 70 last October. I'll look around and come back and post something current.
kwg

This is as new as I have. September 2017. I'm usually the one behind the camera like so many of us.
kwg

Lord willing, 61 in May.

Last fall

[Linked Image]

Last summer with The Lovely and Talented of 31 years.

[Linked Image]

Doing my best Dorf on Hiking impersonation.

[Linked Image]

Me and the Boys showing support for our President. I’m the one kneeling far right. Be 62 in June

KC
Be 66 in May

I'll be 63 this year.

Doing some squirrel hunting in the Ozarks with a pneumatic. Basically I'm taking a rifle for a long walk through the hills & enjoying the solitude.

Fresh boiled crabs right out of the traps at a fishing camp in south Louisiana.

The goose were not cooperating on our last morning in the blind. We still had fun.
Double nickle for me until August then it goes up 1 on the counter.................
Great pix fellas! This is cool!
Posted By: Lonny Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/26/24

Kand, Great picture of two happy people.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
85 If I’d known I was going to live this long I’d taken better care of myself, fortunately married to the same lovely women for 64 years, that helps. Lived to hunt and hunted to live for alot of years, Alaska, Wyoming, and Colorado, and still at it only alot more laid back and slower,
As someone who crunches numbers a lot, some habits die hard. So for anyone who was curious, the mean (average) age of this thread so far is 63 & the median is 62. Guys in their sixties were also the largest group. Not a big surprise there based on intuition if I had taken a guess instead.

PS - kandpand, I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences.
69 By the grace of God! My dad died at 98 and my mom died at 100 so Im hoping the genes didn't skip a generation.
64, this is couple years old, at rt. helping brother at Bakersfield March Meet.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Turned 63 in March. Last July got serious about my health. Lost 65 lbs. Down to 174 now. Plan on staying there. Have a backpack Mule Deer hunt planned for next season with my brother. Wouldn’t have been able to do it last year. Looking forward to it this year.

I was 41 years old when I first started visiting this site.
Just turned 69 last Sunday the 24th. Never really thought I would make it to 40. Now, I'm half a century plus nearly two decades. Where did all that time go?
Posted By: hanco Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Just turned 69 last Sunday the 24th. Never really thought I would make it to 40. Now, I'm half a century plus nearly two decades. Where did all that time go?

I wonder that myself
53 and loving retirement!
Posted By: fshaw Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/28/24

A beautiful picture of a couple obviously in love. I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: papat Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by Henryseale

Glad I'm not the only one that thought I wouldn't see 40. Now a couple weeks from 69
I will be 72 the end of October. 6 months clear of bone cancer. Still spend October in the Upper Peninsula chasseing grouse and woodcock. I do a Quail hunt in Georgia each year and shoot sporting clays competitively with SXS shotguns mostly Parker's.

I'm a gun loonie in the first order, rifles, shotguns and old S&W's. I especially like custom rifles both bolt guns and single shots. I have failed the 12 step program so many times I can't count them. I also enjoy a fine cigar and a good bourbon as well. I deer hunt from November 15 through January 1 (pneumonia
side lined me quite a bit this year) and take a different rifle most every day. There are 5 new additions to the rifle line up looking for the big one next season.

I wish I knew some words that could give solace but I’m not that smart. She’s a lovely lady and obviously very in love with you…sorry for your loss!
Not quite as old as Ingwe.

67 here in NC. Daughter was married last weekend and told us we are going to be grand parents after the reception. Retiring just in time to start the babysitting gig. Life is good.
75 here.
78 and fast approaching 79, killed my first deer in 61, elk in 65, last elk in 2023. I am a daily hiker averaging over 3 miles a day and I believe that helps my fitness and longevity. Hoping to get a few more seasons in before my times runs out.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 04/06/24
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I'll be 62 in a couple months. Don't have many field pics since I mostly hunt solo but here is one a couple years ago.

Nice Solo!
In the spirit of Tool Time's Wilson.

Seventy-six to date and having a tough time getting my buddies out for hunting and fishing. Seems there are more solo experiences now, but I can still get the drift boat down the river, feel lucky, and have no complaints. Every experience could be the last time, but I'd sure like to get in another 20 years or so. Still a lot of crap I want to do.

I had titled this one "Turn around damn it."

Cookie, above and out of focus, is seventy-one, and we've spent 52 of those years together. She just got a new hip/knee, mirrorless camera, and has some bigger lenses on the way.

More years and experience around here than I suspected and mostly a fine bunch. Wish we were all a bit closer, as I'm sure there are some great stories to be heard.
Originally Posted by 1minute
In the spirit of Tool Time's Wilson.

Seventy-six to date and having a tough time getting my buddies out for hunting and fishing. Seems there are more solo experiences now, but I can still get the drift boat down the river. feel lucky, and have no complaints. Every experience could be the last time, but I'd sure like to get in another 20 years or so. Still a lot of crap I want to do.

I had titled this one "Turn around damn it."

Cookie is seventy-one and we've spent 52 of those together. She just got a new hip/knee, mirrorless camera, and has some bigger lenses on the way.

More years and experience around here than I suspected and mostly a fine bunch. Wish we were all a bit closer, as I'm sure there are some great stories to be heard.

Two GREAT pics, IMHO.

Muffin
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

People told me I was crazy to head off into the woods with this guy, knowing he had a gun!

smile

Turned 59 in Jan
Great pix and posts fellas!
Turning 85 yrs in June,24. Planning my '24 bear hunt this Spring. In spite of my odd health bump in past years I'm still abundantly blessed. Got my first Moose @ 16yrs. .
I'm 29 y/o. Been that age since 1981.

Heck, Jack Benny was 39 for 40 years.. so why can't the rest of be that also?
One of the younger members, at 38.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

A couple more years and you can star in the remake of Grumpy Old Men! Maybe you can do the Bad News Bears soon.

I'll be 52 in June.
I'm 65. I joined here in my early 40s.

Here's a recent pic:
[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]
Don't have a picture at the moment but I'm 56 smile
I'll be 70 this November, been a good run so far :>)
Cat
Had 52 years' experience at being 20. And I would be honored to be point man for DD. No photos here. Be Well Brothers, RZ.
70 in a couple weeks.

Amazing how time flies...
I was born 73 years ago so how old would that make me? 😁
72 here March 18, 1952

Posted By: WAM Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 04/15/24
Dang, y’all are some old fuggs! But it appears that most of you Married Up!
74 here.
Will be 69 this fall. Still huntin', fishin', campin', workin' on the farm, and riding my motorcycle. Wife and I both still have getting an elk on our bucket lists, and she has Parkinson's, so we're gonna be getting after that in 2025.

How in the world do y'all get those big photos to post?? I can't figure it out.

[img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/85kydtXt/IMG-4040.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/yYy1QNLx/Bad-genetics-cull-buck.jpg[/img][/img]

Attached picture 254259.jpg
Attached picture 254260.jpg
Joined in ‘04. I’m about, Lord-willing, to be 75 in July. In my yout years and beyond. The 4th pic the fall after my hip replacement. I did get that bull 😀. The last two are me now and how some see me..😮😎. Fun thread.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4St9CF5/IMG-0528.webp[/img]

Oh yeah, this is from last fall with my friend Battue who posted above; a pure pleasure to pheasant hunt with. This is his dog who agreed to sit by me.

While I don't have near the amount of experience and wisdom as most of the members on here. I greatly enjoy seeing and reading the stories and life experience of all. 31 here, turning 32 in June.
I'll be 39 soon.
I missed this last month. I just turned 65 in March.
I missed this last month. I just turned 65 in March.
I might be the youngest so far, just turned 37 last month. Been a member here since I was 20 and in college.
Posted By: Brad Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 04/23/24
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Oh yeah, this is from last fall with my friend Battue who posted above; a pure pleasure to pheasant hunt with.

I didn't know you both hunted together - great! Two of the finest gentlemen on the campfire...
Brad, we connected here of course with me noting and enjoying his straightforward posts on shotguns. He’s extremely knowledgeable on all things shotgun. We pheasant hunted over a week at Dukxdog’s Bunkhouse in Gettysburg, SD last fall, he and his two spaniels. He was a great companion!

And you are much too kind! 😉
I'm 72 and still going strong. I think...

Posted By: PWN Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 04/23/24
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I will turn 62 this summer.
Posted By: PWN Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 04/23/24
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Brad, we connected here of course with me noting and enjoying his straightforward posts on shotguns. He’s extremely knowledgeable on all things shotgun. We pheasant hunted over a week at Dukxdog’s Bunkhouse in Gettysburg, SD last fall, he and his two spaniels. He was a great companion!

And you are much too kind! 😉

The photo of the pheasant hunt was taken during a hunt while we were staying at Duxdog's Birddog Bunkhouse. Great host and a very good hunting area.
Posted By: hanco Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 05/02/24
Has anyone averaged the ages out? I think it was 67 when we did this a couple of years ago!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 05/02/24
This a few years ago. I'll be 71 this year.

77 in August.
Double nickel here...................
I’m 58. At work i feel 75……..
At home or the high desert with my wife, about 25!

With my huckleberry for 37 year, last April the 19th.
Posted By: LBP Re: Our ages here on the fire... - 05/04/24
75 in August. Thinking of retirement. GD
37 lol....I'm shocked there are so many old fùcks around here...
HJ no wonder you are such and [bleep]. You don't no a dam thing and are too stupid to learn for those who do.
82 in October.
Been married 63yrs. Have a photo of the wife and I with our close friend, Wyman Meinzer, the Texas State Photographer. I guess I'm too old to learn how to post them. Still building a few rifles and shooting competitive 22RF. I'm working with Jim Wisner on a pre64 Mod70 in 243, a 2 barrel switch barrel Remington 700 in 308 and 7-08AI. A wood stock model, and an 1886 Winchester in 40-65.
© 24hourcampfire