Home
Posted By: jay Remington Alpha 1 - 03/30/24
Been looking at the Alpha 1.
Anyone have one that could share their thoughts on it?
Thanks
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 03/31/24
I think Mule Deer has had some experience shooting them. Ask him about them. As a writer he was invited to try them out with other writers. I remember him saying that he really liked it. I believe it was a 7 PRC
Posted By: Deere_Man Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 03/31/24
I was hoping that it would be 6.5 lbs. I’m not sure what that stock weighs, but the 7.5lb weight seems heavy. 223 1:8” is a nice feature.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 03/31/24
I have one in .308. I like it. It’s accurate. It’s a solid rifle. It’s not too pretty, but I didn’t get it to look at. It’s one of two rifles I killed 2 deer with last fall, all the other rifles I used were one and done for the season. Not that it matters, just making conversation.
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 03/31/24
I have one in .308 but I haven’t taken it out yet. The weight is balanced and I put a lighter weight I5 Swarovski on it. Hopefully it’s a shooter.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 03/31/24
I picked up and handled 2 in 6.5Creed and didn't like the ergos either time. It's a LOT heavier than it needs to be IMO, the weight of just the rifle is what the weight of the rifle/scope oughta be. The forearm is too deep for my liking and the pistol-grip is too fat for my liking. I have fairly big hands, but, I like a much slimmer profile all the way around.

Mechanically, everything looks to be a sound choice. So, if the ergos appeal to you, the rifle will likely make you very happy.
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 03/31/24
Seems high for what it is. It’s not esthetically pleasing.
Posted By: jay Re: Remington Alpha 1 - 04/01/24
Appreciate the responses, thanks all.
© 24hourcampfire