Home
Posted By: trophytaker308 i love my carbine 270. - 11/22/07
this thing is so accurate with eveything i have shot through it,its light and really a nice all around hunting rig.
its a model 70 (lightweght carbine) with a 20 inch tube,its a post 1981 rifle which was introduced in 1984 and only ran through 85,has a deep blue luster barrel finish and deep dark wallnut wood with checkering on the forend and grip,with a hindge floorplate.
like i said before it didnt seem to loose much fps from a what i noticed,i shot a box of fusion ammo which was rated at 3050 with a `130 bullet and mine went though at 2981 which wasnt bad when it was compared to a 24 inch tube...
just thought i would share this with you guys,i can post some pics if you would like to see...have a happy thanksgiving.
oh yea i have killed 2 nice bucks in the 130 class in the past 3 years with it,it was gave to me from my dad,this gun has been in the family for a long time and me and my dad and grandfather have killed alot of deer with it,my dad even killed a 19 pointer that scored 179 1/8 this year with it,it is a lucky feeling gun to have in your hands while hunting,i will never part with this little rig.

does anyone else own one of these??
Posted By: Rooney Re: i love my carbine 270. - 11/22/07
Thanks for the info trophytaker, that's good to know. Please post a pic or two. Afriend of mine took a Mod 70 carbine on a trade for other stuff a few years ago. It wasn't in very good shape, but he fixed it up, and it shot like a dream. Congrats.
Posted By: 338Federal Re: i love my carbine 270. - 11/22/07
What m70 is that? Please give us some pics! Thanks. Sounds like a great combo.
The .270 really handles the short tubes well velocity wise.
© 24hourcampfire