Home
My new Savage Model 14 arrived today.

Its a nice rifle. First new Savage that I've owned since my wife (girl friend at the time) bought me a new Model 99 back in the early 80's.
Has nice wood and the action is as smooth as the inside of a kroil can.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Are they making these in 250 savage or is this a re barrel?

very nice looking gun there.
This is a factory custom order.

You can have your gun dealer call them and tell them how you wont it as far as the stock and magazine type...
Nice, i didnt know they did that.

Pricey?
Savage has definitely improved things in the looks department! That is a nice looking rifle.
Nice cartridge.
sweeeeet!!

love the 114 series savages.

Hey, hope you don't mind if I toss up a few picks of our one & only 114? It's a little older than your there, it's a pre-accutrig if that helps date it any. It's a classic euro & I have not run across another like it yet. The did a great job with this stock, pics don't do it justice, the reviel for the floated barrel was perfect, It came that way, I simply glas bed it to hold it true. Ours is in 30-06, It's my wife's rifle actually but I'm pretty fond of it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

rock on with that bad 114 chrome!!!

Dave
Looks great..I'm sure it will shoot like a Savage too !
Fond of the Savage, first deer rifle I ever bought was a 110E, paid $200 new. Love it, a safe queen now, but it killed a few deer in it's day
I have a Savage Model 110 in 250-3000 that I have been
considering pulling the barrel and putting it on a Savage
Model 14 so I can have a short action.
chrome, I really like the clean barrel nut & the relocated bolt release, man I gotta get me a new 14 or 114!!!

Do they do a 338 in a 114?

I'd like that.
Northern Dave - You and I are thinking the same thing. The .338 does not come in the 14 or 114 as a standard caliber, however they do offer the .300 Win Mag. Maybe they would build one in a non-standard caliber like they did Chrome. I'm going to call them Monday and ask.

Kevin
Question. What kind of $ are they asking for a 14 in 250?

Thanks,
Jeff
Very nice rifle cool cool
Savage has certainly improved the looks. Always appreciated how they shot, but always had to squint when looking at them. Handsome rifle.
Very nice!!

Dale
A few more of the stock..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
In my latest issue of GUNLIST there is a Savage Model 12 in
6.5x55mm for sale, most likely a rebarrel.
I agree. I got an American Classic .243 this summer and it sure is pretty wood.
I just wanted to say that this is one heck of a fine looking iron you have.
let us know how she shoots, and when you get tired of it and want rid of it let me know first please.
I had a chance to see an American Classic today in person. Very nice!

Dale
RAS:

I was quoted around $750 to start for mine (depending what options you have will change the price), but I have'nt gotten it yet so I'm not sure what the final bill will be, but after looking at this one I can't wait grin

PennDog
Chrome -
What type of scope bases and rings do you have on that rifle? That's a fine looking setup!
Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35 in Talley Lightweights.
I thunk they was talley LW's. they look good on there. good scope choice too.
Fine looking rifle, Chrome. What is that stock style? Amer classic? Like the fact that it doesn't have a raised cheekpiece; reminds me of a Rem Classic stock. Any idea if that model is available in SS?
Savage has come a long way with their bolt action rifles. This one looks very good. Excellent choice of chambering Chrome.

Don
Looks nice!

Can't get my fingers into a Kroil can so will take your word on it.
© 24hourcampfire