Home
Finally got out to zero my Kimber 84M Montana in .257 roberts.

Rifle weight is ideal, trigger is great, and fit is fine. I zeroed the leupold 2x8 40mm VXIII.

Getting odd groups at 100m on a calm cool day, after zero, first group lifted in a straight line left to right about 3" and after the cleaning the barrel and cool to amibient temp, second group was a 1" triangle 2" below zero. Same ammo, Georgia Arms 115gr ballistic tips.

Checked likely issues, bases, scope and rings. The twist rate is (right hand) 10.

Anyone else have results with the .257 roberts in the Montana?
Mikem:Mine is shooting just great with 48-H4350-100 Sierra,out to 400 yards.By"great" I mean it will stay in 1/2" to 3/4" at 100 for 3 shots. Groups at 300 yards are in 3-4" but that is "me" factored in as well.

It did not like the same load with 100 Partition,and did better with 47 gr.Like any very light rifle it will show decided preferences,but I think you will find a bell-ringer.I am done with load development for it,except to get a better shooting load with a tougher 100 gr;have really not had the time,and am just shooting and enjoying the Sierra load. smile Anything I want it for can be done just fine with a 100 gr of one make or another.
Bob
Thanks for the info, sounds like you found the right load! I will give the 100Gr bullets/load a try, Sierra's are great bullets. Have some formed fired brass to go with now. The light/thin barrel heats up fast on this rifle, the POI really wanders from POA.

The cold bore shot just needs to be on for me.

Mike
Mikem: I lucked out;mine is very well behaved;throws the first shot from cold barrel where it should go;and does not wander for 3 shots.Last week,on a dare, I was challenged to put 3 shots into a 1/2" with it by a friend at the range. I lost; group went 5/8" grin
anyone with any luck using barnes bullets?
100gr TSX's and 48gr of RL19 for 2,950fps and .75" groups.

Robert
© 24hourcampfire