Home
Just got these picts from my buddy Nate, he put this together in a 338.06. Coolness everywhere you look.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very cool, who did the work?
Ultra bad azz! Do you have any pics that show the whole gun?
Nathan Chesney @ Hillbilly Rifles.

I'll see if I can get a complete photo. If he'd send me the dang thing, I'd take my own picts....So far, he hasn't obliged... grin

Yes, very interesting. The big button on the safety is for use with heavy gloves/mittens?

This is a very serious rifle. A full-length photo would be nice. Maybe he'll let you borrow it for a weekend?

- Tom
Very neat!
I have seen a lot of remmy pumps, but never one quite like that! Looks great. I bet the FO sight coupled with the peep is mighty effective.
OOOOOhhh, very nice, me likey. Great caliber, cool finish, like the larger mag release. Is the slide release enlarged too? Coolness exists in the oversize safety, fluted barrel and sighting system too... Awesome woods rifle with legs. Dammit why do some people show such things that get others "want" button pushed;->)

Be safe and thanks

Patty
That's excellent!
I'd like one in .375-06, please! Nice rifle.
Mine? I removed the pump-action... crazy
[Linked Image]
Just kidding!
Ah, I wonder if it shoots? Ha,ha,ha,he,he,he...LOL grin wink

A 358Win carbine set up like that would be VERY interesting.

WN
I'd be satisfied with that rifle in .308 any day...

g
SWEEEET.

BMT
That's REALLY cool!, I've got a 9.3X62 in progress and I just got a BUNCH of ideas grin, tell Nate thanks from Pennsylvania!

PennDog
I just got ideas for the 9.3x62 I'm eventually going to build.

That thing is SWEET!
Yeah Scott I'm diggin that rifle too.
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut

WN

This one shoots.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
You beat me to it VA!

Perhaps I'll have to "one-up" you and do mine in a 9.3X66 (370 Sako) - just because. grin

Damn, that is my idea of a close-cover bear rifle!
Brian;

Rem. 760 or 7600, 18.5" .30-06, rebored to 9.3x62. Done.

Just, I ain't done it ..... yet.
There was a local guy up here that tried to build on in 375-06
he thought the sight screw holes did not allow enough barrel steel to safely go 375 caliber. Wrote an article a bout his 338-06 pump rifle. Not aware of anyone that will make a custom 7600
rifle barrel. I am very impresed with my 7600 .35 Whelen.
FWIW, you CAN get custom tubes for 760 and 7600's. The above is a Douglas.
Now that is awesome. Us Pa boys dig them pump guns.
Originally Posted by mogwai
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut

WN

This one shoots.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

i like your choice of sight and meake that exact 760 (the first one) all black and no flutes and i love it and xs sights not williams but 338 06 thats genius
must be one of those back east deals, never seen anyone around here hunt with a pump action rifle
I'd be up for one of these:

Remington 7600 Patrol Rifle
[Linked Image]

If it had THIS buttstock on it:
[Linked Image]

The search goes on for a rifle for my oldest daughter.
She plans to be a Law Enforcement Officer. Might be onto something here... grin
SKane, who chambered your Douglas, and fitted it they are tough with the bolt lockup in the breach of the barrel. What does a custom tube installed on a 7600 cost if you don,t mind? Have had
so so luck rechambering the 760 35 Rem to 35 Whelen.
That's a sweet 760. Must be something about being from PA that an Amish Machinegun gets me all excited like that.
alright, i have to know and have been looking for where to find barrels for 760's. i've been siting on one for 4 years i can pick up for $150 in 270. been tryin' to find a way to just rebarrel to 35 whelen or 338-06 or 9.3
You can put custom barrels on your 7600 or 760, I am going to have one in 375 Hawk and 9.3.
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Must be something about being from PA that an Amish Machinegun gets me all excited like that.

I'd never heard 'em called that before. Too funny. grin
That is one wicked 760 alright, thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
SKane, who chambered your Douglas, and fitted it they are tough with the bolt lockup in the breach of the barrel. What does a custom tube installed on a 7600 cost if you don,t mind? Have had so so luck rechambering the 760 35 Rem to 35 Whelen.

kk-
I'll have Nathan chime in here when he's around. (think he's leaving pretty soon to slay a deer in Ontario) The above rifle isn't mine, it's one of his toys - I know he's got plans for a 9.3 as well. He's got mad skills on the more traditional stuff too. smile He did a 300WSM for me and is currently finishing a 257 Roy for me.

Here's a shot of the full rifle.

[Linked Image]

Here's the WSM he did for me....

[Linked Image]

Tell me more about the stock.....and is that cerakote finish (two-tone none the less!)?????

Thanks,
Penndog
Very Nice!
I told Scott about this rifle and he wanted to see it, I did not think it would get this much attention!! I took this gun in trade and had an old 338 barrel I took off a 700 that shot very well. I have done 280, 30-06, 338 federal, and a few 35 whelens, But the 338-06 is one my all time favorite calibers. Pump rifles are real easy to put new a barrel on. I wanted the rifle to be real light and short, weighs 6.35 lbs. I have been shooting 160 TSX�s and 180 B-tip�s, the recoil is not that bad. I can consistently hit a 2� bull at 100 yards, not to bad given the front sight is so big. Believe it or not the stock is a Ram-Line, they make the smallest and lightest stocks for them. I Duracoated the stock with a mixture of colors, flat dark earth and black. The sights are a Williams Peep and a NECG banded front sight that has been modified. I put the big bottom safety, because you can take the safety off very quickly and shoot running game while still hunting. I have plans for a 9.3 and a 375 calibers someday.
Nate
Nate-

I don't believe you on the accuracy. wink You have the address for my FFL, best send it to him and I'll confirm accuracy.... grin
Nate,

PM sent.

Tom
Oh no you don't!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by SKane
Oh no you don't!!!!!!!

Oh yes I do....grin
you're little secert's out of the bag now baby. grin

good luck on your hunt!!!
Thanks for sharing hbnac grin, now I can't wait to "spruce" up the 9.3 thats being barreled currently, had planned on getting it cerakoted - like the two-tone!, and will order the Ram-line stock and other features ASAP!

PennDog
This is very cool.Great still hunting rifle for the new England woods and great caliber. This is trouble also as I'm a couple of hours from VT...Another PM coming Nate
Very interesting! It's so rare anymore to see a unique firearm, but I don't believe I've ever seen a rifle quite like that one. Maybe Remington should take note.
WOW, very cool. Have never seen anything like it before.
Originally Posted by ChipM
This is very cool.Great still hunting rifle for the new England woods and great caliber. This is trouble also as I'm a couple of hours from VT...Another PM coming Nate

I'm a 1000 miles from vermont and this is going to get me in trouble.

I've never seen a gun that made me want to get a custom, this one does it for me.

You know, even a stock .30-'06 in one of these would be interesting with 220 grain bullets.

- Tom
tzone

A 35Rem carbine (or one converted to 358Win)or a 35Whelen at 20" would be just what you need...or maybe both. crazy

WN
Tommy-

You could prolly talk Whelen Nut out of one of the 20-some-odd donors he likely has.... grin
That is one sweet looking rifle.

Doh! Think my crackberry reposted this....Sorry... blush
Absolutely friggin COOL! Nice to see a custom thats not a Crank Banger...

Now I want one. I have no idea WHY? But I want one laugh
In the words of my ex-hockey playing Newfie buddy...

"That gun kicks attthhhh"

Doh! Think my crackberry reposted this....Sorry... blush

Good to know I ain't the only one that uses of those damned things to sit at the Campfire.
That is one of the snappiest rifles i've seen on the campfire. makes me wanna do that to a bolt gun ...
I think it would be pretty hard to make a pump out of a bolt gun. grin
Har!

The effect, the effect!

I like the color scheme. I like the heavy peep/barrel-band set-up (the hood should keep the front sight safe).

But I've always wanted a 760/6500 ...
....I thought my Rem 760 in 35 Remington was cool, but that gun is 'Emperor of 760's'! What a great deer/bear/elk/moose gun!
In the words of my ex-hockey playing Newfie buddy...

"That gun kicks attthhhh"

"She's da proper ting bye" Loosely translated from Newfie thats "nice rifle ya got there bud". LOL

And thats the 1st time I ever gave a pump rifle a 2nd look. OUTSTANDING!
Was feeling real satisfied with this year's candidate for hunting around the Lakes...then went and read this post...
the worlds coolest pump...
[Linked Image]

Remington mentions that this one has an "advanced sight system." As near as I can tell, that sight system has been around since about 1880.

Okie John
Always thought the 141 Gamemaster was the coolest pump ever...:)
One sleek looking rifle.

Maybe a 35 Rem AI...

A lot of camps in Michigan have hard-core pump users. I hear there may be some in the Eastern states...

I imagine if this caught on a bit, we'd see some innovative smiths doing action treatments along with the barrels and stocks.

Just curious. What is the story on the buttstock of that one?

I have an old 760 of my Dads, but seeing that tricked out pump makes me think of hog hunting in the think stuff.

stumpy
Tell me about the receiver sight. Is that a standard Williams model? Does it use the existing scope mount holes?
I can honestly say that I NEVER thought I would see a Rem 760 that I thought was anywhere remotely cool. This rifle is a true exception. Heck, I wouldn't mind owning one like that and that's saying something considering I've never give a 760 a second look prior to this rifle.
Did somebody say Amish Machinegun??

Thanks to Skane, when this thread went up I've been looking in the pawn shops and on the used racks for an appropriately beat up pump-gun. I was thinking a 9.3x62 or Whelan laugh
Originally Posted by 300jimmy
Tell me about the receiver sight. Is that a standard Williams model? Does it use the existing scope mount holes?

Perhaps Nathan can chime in and answer your questions. (he's the builder)
http://www.hbrifles.com/

Dan-sorry for posting. laugh I'd suspected you needed a new rifle...<grin>
The peep on this rifle is a standard Williams that I coated. It does mount mount on the two rear scope base holes.

I am also working a system to take the slop out of the forend. I am taking the o-ring off and installing a Bronze bushing. So far things are looking good.

I can also rework the triggers to remove the travel and weight
Mr hbnac. I'd say its a safe bet you know your way around an Amish Machinegun laugh

I never even looked at a pump action rifle twice until I saw that one.
Well, I've seen the work of hbnac (Nathan) on a couple of my son's rifles - safe to say he knows his way around bolt actions too. wink
I checked out his website and laughed my ass off... I was about to send him an e-mail and explain the differences between Muzzle Breaks, and Muzzle Brakes. Then I realized the site was called Hillbilly Rifles laugh

My kind of guy...

If he lived around here, I'd probably even let him work on a gun or two of mine.
The no slop is getting really interesting...

PM sent
Dan-

I suspect an overzealous webby fixing a word that didn't need fixing. Promise ya Nate knows the difference. In any case, I'd be inclined to liken it to the chinese restaurant adage; when you go to one, do you want good chinese or good english? smile
What is the barrel length? That Gun and caliber would work real well in the thick swamps I hunt in Alabama.
AMRA
Will a 22-250 work in the 7600 or 760?
...I can't see why a 760 couldn't be barreled to 22/250. The rifles were factory chambered in 223, but it is a rare find these days.
Originally Posted by Scorpion
That's a sweet 760. Must be something about being from PA that an Amish Machinegun gets me all excited like that.

I thought the correct terminology was "Pennsylvania Machinegun" and "Amish Assault Rifle". smile
I'll take mine in walnut and blue please. grin
I just put a BDL 760 in 308 that's never been fired on layaway in a local pawn shop. Old man sold some of his guns there last week that he'd never taken out of the box. Hate to say but I like the looks of yours so much I'm really thinkin about a complete makeover for mine that doesn't have a blemish or the first shell ran through it
I think Nate is done chasing critters for the year - give him a call.

http://hbrifles.com/

Originally Posted by reddnek
I'll take mine in walnut and blue please. grin

Ok, here you go:
[Linked Image]
Here would be my contender for the top pump gun. I like the option of optics to.
[Linked Image]
What's it chambered in Les?

Travis
Just a little 30-06. When it grows up it's going to be a 338-06
[Linked Image]

Shotgun quick!

DMc

[Linked Image]

Truck gun.

DMc
[Linked Image]

Wooden counterpart.

DMc
That would be Mennonite machine gun here in Wisconsin. Seems we have townships full of them here in central Wi. Their other favorite guns? Winchester 100's and 20 ga single shot shotguns.
Nice!

I have an old 760 Gamemaster in -06 that kilt my first buck. Love me some pump rifles.
That is a very well done rifle.
Here's the 308 I found last week. Never a shot fired through it.
After seeing yours, I'm getting ideas
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nice!

I have an old 760 Gamemaster in -06 that kilt my first buck. Love me some pump rifles.

I had one that I killed a huge number of deer with till my oldest son wanted it for Christmas many years ago. That 06 carbine loved Speer 130gr hp and 3031 powder
© 24hourcampfire