Home
Posted By: dshoe Bought me a new gun today... - 11/24/08
I know this is really not the appropriate forum in this specific case, but I bought a new gun today. And, it ain't no hunting rifle, either. I tried to hold out for a new Weatherby, Cooper, Sako, Winchester, Ruger, etc. However, with "Obamination" now well under way, I decided to splurge for a new HK USP instead. I've been wanting one for a long time now anyway. Another new big game rifle is just going to have to wait a little longer. :-)
so what is a hk usp?
Heckler and Koch Universal Service Pistol. Pretty serviceable rig.
What caliber?
Posted By: dshoe Re: Bought me a new gun today... - 11/24/08
Originally Posted by oldslowdog
What caliber?

9x19...

Considered the 40, but decided against it. 9x19 cheaper to shoot, easier to control, and easier to get really good with. Certainly didn't want the 45. Went with the full-sized version, too. The compact is a little too small, in my opinion.
Posted By: dshoe Re: Bought me a new gun today... - 11/24/08
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Heckler and Koch Universal Service Pistol. Pretty serviceable rig.

That's what I always thought that USP stood for. But, according to HK, the proper name is "Universal Self-Loading Pistol."

Yeah, I've heard tons of good things about them, so I figured I'd give one a shot (pun intended).
Posted By: clos Re: Bought me a new gun today... - 11/24/08
I carry the USP compact in .45acp. love that gun. tried a kimber 3" tactical model and the gun was not timing right. so sold it off and pick up the HK compact.
© 24hourcampfire