Home
Posted By: 505ED Steyr rifles - 01/01/09
Is Steyr back to importing rifles in the US?

Ed
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Steyr rifles - 01/01/09
I think CDNN might still have some depending on what you're looking for.
Posted By: 505ED Re: Steyr rifles - 01/01/09
I know about CDNN, I want to know if they are bringing anyting in the states anymore, not closeout stuff.

Ed
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Steyr rifles - 01/01/09
Supposedly they will resume importing them in February of 2009.
Posted By: TCB Re: Steyr rifles - 01/01/09
Yes. They are being imported into West Point, MS now and prices have doubled due to the Euro. You can call Steyr Arms and ask for Jack Riddle. He will get you in contact with a dealer. Your best bet however is CDNN. They bought out all of the New Old Stock rifles that were being imported into Trussville, AL. Prices are $699.00 for a SBS Prohunter which is a killer deal! I have two Prohunter's, 25-06 Mountain and a Standard 270, love them both. Best hunting package by far and the most underrated as rifle as well....both are tack drivers and the triggers are outstanding!!
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Steyr rifles - 01/01/09

Steyrs are being imported again,and they are now based in Argo,Alabama. This is just down the road from the GSI people in Trussville who used to import them.

Don't know about the West Point,Ms. importer. It doesn't seem reasonable that there would be two importers,but maybe so.
Posted By: TN deer hunter Re: Steyr rifles - 01/01/09
I have three Prohunters; two .308's and a stainless .280. All three are sub moa shooters. The two .308's are crazy accurate both will shoot under 1/2". My first reloads with the 130gr TTSX were .217" with 3 shots using RL15. The .280 will shoot 120gr BT just under 3/4" using RL19. I am still working with the .280 right now, I have had it three yrs and have only hunted with it once and shot it maybe 20-30X. My nephew just got back using it on a deer hunt, he shot two does using the 120gr BT and the performance was excellent to say the least. I can't wait for my chrono to get here so I can test some loads to see what they are doing. Here is the 130gr TTSX;

[img][IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/12970/1213081738-2.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted By: TCB Re: Steyr rifles - 01/02/09
TN DH,
No surpises....!
The Steyr Company is based out of Argo, AL however, firearms are being imported into West Point, MS.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Steyr rifles - 01/02/09
Buy used...
buying a new steyr is like buying a new ANIVIL.
i have a 7X64 that drills 175 SPCE S&B's into the same hole.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TCB Re: Steyr rifles - 01/03/09
RING: SWEEEEET shooting!
Curious, why do you state buy used?
Thanks,
Tony
Posted By: ringworm Re: Steyr rifles - 01/05/09
steyr rifles are as durable as glocks. If your not shooting some over bore small caliber super mag your not going to burn out the barrel. most 10 year old hunting rifles havent see 5% of thier barrel life. buy a used steyr, clean the barrel and get started.
that group came out to .443. i have a 168 match hand load that i got .337 5 shot but the wind was kicking. one of these calm days im going to shoot a round and actually let the barrel cool before i shoot the next one.
Posted By: Pat Re: Steyr rifles - 01/05/09
I have almost the same problem with my .376..
Just won't shoot crappy groups. Makes most of the guys at the range just a tad upset, what with such a "ugly" rifle & all.

It will hold 1.25" @ 300 yards.. You can shoot it & do it!

Pat
Posted By: 66niteowl Re: Steyr rifles - 01/06/09
I called CDNN today to see if they had a sbs in 280 or 7mm08. They have 7mm08s but only in the mountain rifle with 20" barrel. Really want a one or the other with the 23.5"barrel.
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Steyr rifles - 01/06/09
66Nite,that was the Mountain blued in 7-08, right? Cause I called looking for a 7-08 SS Mountain 3 days ago and they said they only had 7-08's in blued.
Posted By: 66niteowl Re: Steyr rifles - 01/06/09
thats right. black synthetic with blue steel. had 17 in stock. I guess the 20" would be OK. I had a model 7 with a 20" barrel and I took several deer with it. Also would be a good woods gun. Any other ideas on where to look right now?
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Steyr rifles - 01/06/09
Less and less are showing up on Gunbroker/Gunsamerica and they are usually more expensive.
© 24hourcampfire