Home
Posted By: kcowboy Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/20/09
Does anyone have one of these or has shot one. I know they were developed for police but look like a good fast woods gun for deer. It has a 16 inch barrel in 308 with ghostring sights. Am wondering about the accuracy with the 16 inch barrel and dont know if they are drilled and tapped for a scope. its a pump action rifle.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/20/09
There was a long thread not so long ago about 760/7600 rifles. Prolly a good place to start.
Here ya go:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2784938/page/0/fpart/1

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2696136/page/0/fpart/1
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/20/09
I have a friend who bought one to hunt with, and he won't be parted from his. It is as handy as a '94 winchester, but it is quite a bit more potent.
Posted By: RJM Re: Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/20/09
I tried one but the major problem I found is that the buttstock seems to have the same dimensions as a Remington 870 shotgun. It works ok with the sights that are on it but with a scope the comb was way too low for me for a proper snap to the shoulder cheek weld.

On the otherhand I found a 7600 matte/synthetic in .308 that someone had shortened the barrel to 18.5" just like the .30-06 Carbine. With the Monte Carlo style comb it was just perfect with a scope on board. I ended up selling that gun to a friend who didn't have a hunting rifle who had hunted his whole life with an 870...perfect match as all the controls are the same..

Bob
Posted By: tzone Re: Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/20/09
The police models aren't really set up for hunting. They have a pretty low stock. The regular hunting models have a higher Monte Carlo type stock and are eaiser for using a scope.

If you plan on putting a scope on it, get a normal one. It is a lot cheaper too. With the money you save, you can have the barrel cut to whatever length you want.
The 7600P is the perfect factory "Benoit" carbine. Get a Monte Carlo stock if you decide to use a scope on it later.

I picked up a dirty, frazzled 760 Woodsmaster '06 in a pawn shop for $120. Shoots into an inch (with a scope) after a good barrel cleaning. Been meaning to Benoit it but haven't yet.

If you plan on putting a scope on it, get a normal one.

What do you mean by "normal"?
Posted By: tzone Re: Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/20/09
a 7600. Not a police model.
Posted By: kcowboy Re: Remington 7600P Rifles - 02/23/09
Just found out it goes for $850 or so they can have it! The parkerization looks cheap like my 870 el cheapo 12 guage. I only paid 175 for it. Hey i know its a shotgun and a good one at that but for big bucks you would think they could make them look better for sure!! I like the remington rifles from the sixties with good walnut stocks and good blueing to boot. thank yall for contributing!
© 24hourcampfire