Home
I stumbled onto a vintage 700 ADL Remington in .222 Rem mag, and by the barrel date code, if I read it correctly, get September 1963. Does anyone know when the .222 mag round was introduced? I know the .222 Rem was 1950, but unsure of the mag round. Anyhow, I think I'm gonna go back and purchase the rifle tomorrow, its listed for $595 and comes with a vintage 1960s 3-9x Bushnell Scopechief. Set-up is in 95% condition. Do you all think its worth $595? Thank you for your input.
I just saw something very similar which could help you decide - an early (early to mid 60's) M700ADL in .243 WIN. The rifle is in 98% condition and is equiped with a vintage 2-7 Weaver variable scope and mounted in vintage in Weaver mounts. The shop was asking $469.00 plus state sales tax (7%). I thought the rifle was a bargain, but not needing a .243 WIN I told a hunting buddy. He is supposed to buy it today or tomorrow. He also thought the price was pretty good.
The 222 Magnum was introduced in 1958. The standard 222 Rem came out in 1950.
Prices I see for them on Gunbroker are about the price you quote.
It really depends on whether or not you want that particular rifle. The price you pay for a rifle disappears shortly after buying it. If you can justify the price, and want the rifle, then buy it.
Personally, I LOVE the 222 Magnum, and have two of them in older Rem 722's.

Don
© 24hourcampfire