Home
Posted By: supercrewd McMillan Stock patterns - 06/06/09
Now I know this has been covered time and time again, but I am considering ordering an Edge for my M7 Magnum and many recommend other patterns than the M7 pattern. What pattern do you recommend and why? I do not object to the factory M7 pattern which is on there, but I will have to compare it to the M700 factory pattern and see if I like one more than the other. Humor me.
Posted By: JPro Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/06/09
Mtn Rifle pattern reigns supreme for me with anything mag contour or less. The slim wrist and comb with cheekpiece fit me like nothing else. Classic would be good as well. The next one I want to try is the Sako Hunter, as I always like the handling characteristics of their stocks. I am probably zero assistace..... (grin)
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/06/09
I like the Mtn, Hunter or Classic. The pistol grips, combs and forearms fit my build well. These stocks shoulder easy and point fast just like a fine English shotgun (borrowed that from DZ).

MtnHtr
Posted By: kenaiking Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/06/09
I like the compact/Edge, Mt Rifle, Classic, and Sako Classic.
Hunter's Edge. Here's a picture to compare the factory M7 SS tupperware to the Hunter's Edge (w/ 14" pull and 1" Decelerator).

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JasonF Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/07/09
I deliberated over this for a long time before placing my order and in the end went with a Hunter's Edge. It is still a few months away, but pics like those posted above make me confident that I have made the right decision.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/07/09
Rancho Loco,

What's the story on the rifle in the Edge?

Thanks,

Dan
Posted By: SKane Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/07/09
Dunno what length tube you're running but around 22" or less, I'm quite partial to the classic compact.
Picked up one of those M7 Stainless Synthetics in 7mm SAUM a couple of years ago when they were on fire sale prices...

Sent it off to Kampfeld for a diet - fluted barrel and bolt, skeleton handle and campfire knob. Put in a rifle basix trigger, gre-tan liteweight pin and shroud assembly, and finished it off with a McEdge. As pictured, weighs in at 6lbs 12 ozs with the Bushnell 2-7x32. When I get around to putting on a 6x36 loopy with dots, it'll knock a few more ounces off.

Very compact, good balance for me, and a good bit of snap to keep things interesting when touching it off.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/07/09
Very cool. I picked up a Model Seven XCR a while back that looks very similar. For a second, I thought that's what it might be. I've got an Edge on order for mine as well. Absolutely love the way this gun handles, and it's accurate as most of my customs.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: McMillan Stock patterns - 06/08/09
Rancho, it's no wonder you get 'tired hands'.
LOL!!!
© 24hourcampfire