Home
i recently put on lay away a browning white gold medallion chambered in 30-06, with a Leupold scope to match. when i saw the rifle i knew i had to have it. i am paying 1,200 dollars for it. now a think that maybe i was a little bit hasty, i did not shop around to see what else is out in that price range, that compares to this rifle. i will be using this rifle at the range, and in the field. (south taxes brush country) i think the gun is beautiful, and will make a great rifle to hand down to my expected son. I just don't know if i should have shopped around some more. i cannot find any reviews on this particular rifle online. does anyone have an opinion about this?
If it floats your boat, I'd not sweat it.
I do indeed have an opine on that rifle, but you're pretty geeked up on it, so I'll keep to myself..... grin grin
I'll keep my opinion to myself on his one. You might wanna try to find a few threads here on the A-bolt. You'll be surprised.
For a rifle you intend to be an heirloom, you could have done a little more research. You could also have done far worse. If the Browning turns your crank, then buy it.

If you hunt for the next 30 years with it, and then give it over to your son, he will cherish it just like it were a sako, or kimber or Winchester.

The cartridge is a good choice for both you and him.
one of my elk hunting buddies bought his white gold medallion 4-5 years ago. his is a 7mm rem mag. we hunt deer and elk together every year. to my knowledge, he has never had an issue with the rifle. his shoots sub moa groups with several factory loads. get the gun you want and hunt it. life is far too short to worry about a rifle.
Yuck!
New Orleans pimpin'.

Have a buddy that wanted one; he was going to take it for speedgoats and dress like Colonel Sanders....
© 24hourcampfire