Home
Posted By: clark98ut New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
I've posted details of this rifle before, but thought I'd share a picture of it with its new stock. It's a McMillan Hunter's EDGE pattern, 13" LOP, 1/2" Decelerator, ADL configuration. Rifle is a Remington Model Seven XCR in .243 wearing DeadNutz Extra Low mounts and a Vortex Viper 2-7x32. The stock weighed in at 22.4oz. As shown, it weighs 6lbs 12ozs.

I picked up this rifle to be my primary calling rifle. With the 20" barrel and the 13" LOP, it should fill that role quite nicely. Total length is 38.5".

[Linked Image]

Here it is with the factory tupperware...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steelhead Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
First Edge? I'm digging the one I got a few months ago, need a few more.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
I like the new better than the old.
Posted By: STA Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
Nice, I like the brown Edge a hell of a lot better the the Camo stock!
Posted By: clark98ut Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
Originally Posted by Steelhead
First Edge? I'm digging the one I got a few months ago, need a few more.

Second...

257 Wby
[Linked Image]

Look similar? wink I really like the EDGE stocks. Can't be beat in my opinion.
You're gonna have to get off that brown kick though...
UPS rifles... grin
UPS yours.....
haha
Posted By: STA Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
Nothing at all wrong with a brown Edge here is my 257Roy.... grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Huntr Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
clark98ut,
I admire your rifles, but I am quite concerned about how clean your reloading bench is. There is just something not right with that... grin

Posted By: DJTex Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
Sweet rig, Dan!

Are you going to have Mark bed it?

DJ
Originally Posted by Huntr
clark98ut,
I admire your rifles, but I am quite concerned about how clean your reloading bench is. There is just something not right with that... grin

haha...thanks! It ain't that neat though. Let's just call it careful framing of the picture...

DJ, I'll probably bed it myself if I bed it at all. I did shoot Mark an email a few minutes ago about a question I had regarding the rear action screw. I'm wondering if there is enough meat there to open it up to a standard 700 size screw, and if so, what his thoughts are on it.

-Dan
Nice rifle Randy. I see great minds think alike!
Posted By: 30338 Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 09/23/09
Those edge stocks are really nice. I've got my second waiting on a barreled action at present. Mine are black and grey, but I could dig a brown or green one someday.

The brown looks really nice with the stainless. I'm going matte black metal with grey edge on my 6.5x55.
The idea of a Swede has been in the back of my mind. I'm thinking maybe a NULA though. That's big $ though, so we'll see.
Posted By: DrDeath Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 05/04/19
Sexy!! Remington bring this back!
Posted By: Tom264 Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 05/04/19
Kinda like this thread?
Posted By: Ky221 Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 05/04/19
As someone who wears the brown uniform every day....

I approve !!
Posted By: DrDeath Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 05/04/19
Well no New XCR. But Remington did give us the model 7 HS.
Are any of you guys with the new Edge from McMillan thinking about having them bedded? I just got one back for my X-Bolt and thinking about bedding just the recoil lug. The stock fits good, but there was just a little slop in the recoil lug area. I still haven't had a chance to shoot my rifle a lot since I got it back, but noticed right off the bat, my zero had changed from the factory stock by about 4" low. I re-zeroed it and then shot it about a week later. It didn't group as good as the first day of shooting and I did have a flier. I am just kicking it around and seeing if you guys are thinking about bedding the Edge.

I had mine bedded. It needed it.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: New EDGE just arrived... - 05/06/19
Originally Posted by JohnyRingo
I am just kicking it around and seeing if you guys are thinking about bedding the Edge.

I have all keepers bedded.
How much of the action do you bed? I was thinking just the recoil lug and I was going to do it myself. If you think it requires more bedding than that, I will have a pro do it.
© 24hourcampfire