Home
Got one for a christmas gift and never tried it, so i am going to give it a try,anyone ever use these funny looking things,do they work?My gun alreay shots moa,just was going to toying around with it.
If you like the cough silencer, you'll love the barrel de-resonator.
Posted By: ingwe Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09
Don't forget your blue tape!

De-resonator won't work without blue tape...

But they do really "class up" the looks of a rifle...

Ingwe
Posted By: tzone Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09
Originally Posted by armedferret

They both work perfectly in conjunction with the Butt-Out tool.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09
Don't worry about the other posts, folks just enjoy trying to be funny.

I've found it cuts group size by a minimum of 33% but the really good news is that they can work in a cumulative manner, meaning 2 on a barrel will easily cut group size by 50%.

You didn't state if you have the newer black colored or one of the slightly older versions that also came in Blaze Orange. We've found the Black version's actually give each rifle an additional 50-75 fps gain at the muzzle also.
Blaze orange???
Where can I get one?
I LOVE Blaze Orange...
Ingwe
Posted By: battue Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09
I use this, they come in so close a 4moa rifle works great. Threw my sims away, and it received a 4.5 out of 5 rating.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0039224417288a.shtml
Originally Posted by battue
I use this, they come in so close a 4moa rifle works great. Threw my sims away, and it received a 4.5 out of 5 rating.

Mannnnn.....

P.T. Barnum was right...

Ingwe
I actually bought a 6pack of these yesterday (though this isn't my photo). Figure they should come in handy for hunting from a blind in Texas next month...

[Linked Image]
Should work if the cupholders in the blind are right....and in Texas, I'm sure they are grin

" Smooth as its name"......

Still pondering that one.... wink

Ingwe

It says right on the box, "The chewing gum for deer hunters." When they come out with one for elk hunters I'm going.
Man, I hate to see people getting fleeced like that......
And I'm not in on it... grin

Ingwe
As luck would have it you are in on the biggest fleecing I've ever seen in my lifetime.
Around 30 years ago, a friend asked me if I thought anyone would buy those long veterinary gloves that they market to gut deer with. I looked at him like he was nuts. The first year he sold 30.000 plus, the next over 200,000.
Yeah...but am I the fleecer...or the fleecee?

Ingwe
We are all getting fleeced, thanks to enough JO like idiots.
battue; he probably sold some to me!!
In a sardonic twist of fate, I am allergic to deer, elk, any cervids. Gotta wear the gloves, take asthma meds etc...
Maybe there is a God and hes punishing me for digressions in other fields....

Ingwe
Originally Posted by Steelhead
We are all getting fleeced, thanks to enough JO like idiots.

I KNEW I felt more like the fleecee....

Ingwe
Wow, that sucks.
Yep...but if they made something like that gum...for my allergies...I'd be GTG grin

Mule Deer's wife is allergic to the same stuff...

Ingwe
I'm only allergic to gold and diamonds. Obviously not a hindrance
Wow, that doesn't suck...

Ingwe
That Camo Gum reminds me of guys who spend alot of money on scent-killing clothing to disguise their scent while hunting. The best and cheapest way to kill human odor I've found is to just cover yourself when you start hunting with a light spray of Prop Wash. You can buy it at any autoparts store...usually next to the WD-40, etc.
If you don't see it, ask and they can order it for you.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09
Actually, the de-resonator does work--but often only under the exact same conditions you "tune" with it. This is because most ammunition varies somewhat at different temperatures, and some barrels even vibrate differently.

This is also the problem with any other barrel-vibration tuner. In my experience it's better to work up a load and TEST it at various temperatures with a standard "resonating" barrel to see what happens.

I may be prejudiced, as well, by one experience with the de-resonator in the field--not by me, but a guy I ended up in camp with on an elk hunt in Colorado. He was what I call a "double-number" hunter, as in "I shot a 327 bull at 486 yards."

He had de-resonators on both his rifles, and would tell anyone within hearing distance how great they were. On that hunt he missed a cow at 150 yards.
Posted By: muledeer Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09
I'd guess a rifle shooting .197" groups at 200 yards wouldn't have helped him much...

Dennis
Posted By: Penguin Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/03/09

Schweeet! Have to get some of that to mix with my Red Man like those baseball players do. :p

Will
Posted By: battue Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/04/09
I've always just thrown a buck deer tarsal gland in with my Levi Garrett. Problem is most of early November I spend most of the day poking my eye on low hanging limbs and pizzing down my leg.
well i guess i will toss it in the trash of hunting junk.just was curious if they help very much.thanks for the info..lol
Posted By: 1minute Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/05/09

One should also remember his rackulator too. The one with the most gimmicks at the end wins.
Posted By: tzone Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/05/09
"smooth as it's name".....

does that mean a smooth bush? sick because I love me a smooth bush.
Posted By: SKane Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/05/09
I've always just thrown a buck deer tarsal gland in with my Levi Garrett. Problem is most of early November I spend most of the day poking my eye on low hanging limbs and pizzing down my leg.

Oh my....TFF.....I'm rollin' here. laugh
Posted By: Scorpion Re: sims barrel de-resonator - 10/05/09
battue, you made me laugh so hard it hurt! TFF!
Do ya'll have better accuracy with the blue tape under the sims or does it work better if you just wrap it in the tape several times?

I was thinking about wrapping the bbl completly, then placing the sims right on the end. That keeps stuff from scratching the bbl and also gives alittle protection when propping the gun against various trees....

loder
© 24hourcampfire