Home
would you rather have a savage 116 w/ the accustock or the browning stainless synthetic x-bolt and why? i wanting to buy one in a 7mm.
I have talked to several guys who own the new weather warrior 116 ss, they are not much to look at, but everyone that has 1 cannot believe how well they shoot. no comment on the Browning.
Anie
Savage......
Savage. I would bet a pile the Savage will shoot under an inch right away. The other might.
Savage. No contest.
had the savage 16fcss and sold it and now have a browning x bolt ss!! so theres my anwser!
Have owned nearly every brand of rifle on the market ... IMHO, no one has a better rifle than Browning.
Weatherby, Winchester, Remington, Sako, etc, etc are very good rifles, but the Browning rifles I've owned were tac drivers straight off the shelf ... and have a nicer look/finish. Love Browning Rifles!
I'm no X Bolt fan but I would buy one anyday before I would take a Savage for free. Yes I know the Savages shoot good but they are so fugly there is no way I would own one.
Fraid I'd have to with the Browning on this one. Have heard a lot of good reports on it. The styling is a bit hard to get used to, but they feel good in the hands and I'm sure it will shoot. Resale value should also be higher if you decide to dunp it, which you probably won't.
X-Bolt all the way. I bought my first A-Bolt 22 years ago and still hunt with it today. I bought an X-Bolt .270 WSM in Stainless and liked it so much I followed it up with a .308 X-Bolt Hunter. I have owned many rifles and still own one Remington but I have always liked Browning rifles the best.
I can't believe they're even considered equals. Browning any day every day. Browning will shoot just as good but feel and look good doing it. No contest. The X-Bolts are amazing how light and compact they are and still shoot so well. My .270 Win. shoots fed. fusions and ballistic tips handloads in the .5's and .6's. I'm still waiting to see a bad shooting Browning turnbolt.

Chevy Vega or Porsche?
while i have never owned either a savage or browning rifle, i have zeroed quite a few for friends, and hunted with folks who use them. i'd select the browning. ymmv
I'll take the savage all day every day, twice on sundays.

Neither..
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I'll take the savage all day every day, twice on sundays.

me too...
[Linked Image]
Savage
Savage.made in America [bleep] yea!
Does it being made in America give it an excuse to look like it hit every branch when it fell out of the ugly tree?
I really have to laugh at some of the guys on here with there" if it isnt made in America its junk!" Well I guess you guy should throw out most of the electronics in your houses because there not made in america along with alot of other things!!!
Nothing wrong with citizens of a nation supporting there own economy if & when they can.

That's all there is to it.

Nobody here is silly enough to say they won't buy anything that isn't made here.

But a lot of us (me included) sure feel good about buying made in USA if & when we can.

© 24hourcampfire