Home
Posted By: orion03 Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/03/09
They finally put a walnut stock on this rifle for those of us that like the traditional looks of wood. Pretty nice looking rifle with a classic stock, cheeck-piece and cut checkering. It is pillar bedded and comes with a one piece scope base. For $500 seems like a pretty good deal, and street price will probably be lower. Course it just comes in 270 or 30-06, but it's hard to go wrong with either. What do the rest of you fellas think?
Posted By: Tarheel101 Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/03/09
Does it have a steel or plastic trigger guard? Blind magazine or drop plate?

Tarheel

Posted By: orion03 Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/03/09
They didn't mention what material the trigger guard is made of, but it appears to be plastic to me. The magazine is also blind.
Posted By: bcp Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/03/09
You can do this:

[Linked Image]

Bruce
Posted By: marlow243 Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/03/09
Now thats coooool
Posted By: Blowtorch53 Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/03/09
There is a review of these in one of the current gun rags I just read. Don't remember the magazine's name. "Rifle" I think? The author was impressed with it. I have a regular XL7 .30-06 and I might buy one in .25-06. These are very accurate rifles. The wood stock sounds nice and that's what I would (no pun intended) prefer, but if it's truly $500 that give me lots of other choices. Like a Savage for a litlle more or less or a Vanguard for a little less. I paid about $300 tax and all for my synthetic XL7 and that is a real price point for a good rifle. What do you think the street price will be? I also was interested in the Mossberg walnut rifle. It was reviewed in another gun mag. I can't remember and the MSRP was less than $300. The article said they were scarce. They are over $400 on all the auctions I have seen. BT
Posted By: orion03 Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/04/09
Those triggers look like they are right out of a Vanguard with something funny sticking out of the trigger itself.
Posted By: bcp Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/04/09
Originally Posted by orion03
Those triggers look like they are right out of a Vanguard with something funny sticking out of the trigger itself.

A safety thing. I hear it works like a Glock trigger, not a Savage.

Bruce
Posted By: bcp Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/06/09
Trigger guard solution:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Getting_my_Marlin_XS7_set_u#Post3543386

Bruce
Posted By: whsk Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/07/09
i was quoted a price of 438.00 for a marlin XL7 laminated stock by the local WAL-MART-this was special order which required 1/2 down and balance on delivery-i have not ordered it as of yet-my local gun shops did not have any wood stocked models at all-i am still pondering whether to get another 30-06-these rifles will shoot! my XL7C 270 is out of the box stock and shoots as good or better than any other rifle i own!
Posted By: 338Federal Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/07/09
Is the walnut stock the same profile and dimensions as the plastic model?
Posted By: orion03 Re: Marlin XL7 Walnut - 12/07/09
I think there are some slight differences.
© 24hourcampfire