Home
Happy New Years Everyone !!

My (or should I say on "BobinNH" future Mcmillan came in today and it looks great, I think they did a nice job. The action is like closing a vault, now hopefully it's a tack-driver.

Sorry Bob they were sold out of 270's, but this one's in 300 Win Mag.

Dino

Attached picture DSCN3011.JPG
Attached picture DSCN3012.JPG
Attached picture DSCN3014.JPG
Nice.
Dino-

NICE rig! But, ahhh, that chambering wasn't on the "approved" list. You had better hope Bob comes through for me. grin

SKane

Mcmillan said if they decide to make a Varmint Model they might consider offering it in a .270

Dino
Nice rig.
Dino: Nice! Congrats! They are a sweet rifle!Not a 270,true..... but as you know I shoot other stuff,too! grin

No problem! I'll like it and Scott will like it,too!

Is the rifle here or in Fla? I wanna hook up and shoot it! I just bought the perfect scope for that! laugh

PS: 270?Varmint caliber....?

What does it weigh?
Hi Bob

It's down in Florida with me, I will be up there within a month or so.

The gun is 7.0 lbs. on the nose, fit and finish is very good but the action is like "Butta" it is so smooth. Hopefully it shoots as good !!--these high end plastic guns are getting awful expensive. The only thing I don't care for is the Talley bases and rings they come with, we will see how they work out.

I have a Kahles CSX IR 3-12X56 I am going to stick on it, I am not big on "56" objectives but the scope is a lot more compact and lighter than the old ones. It is the brightest and sharpest hunting scope I have looked through plus I got a smoking deal on it. !! That always helps !!

I thought you would like the "270" Varmint comment off course I am joking.

Have a great New Year and say hi to Denver for me, I have to give him a call.

Dino
U 2 Dino...let me know when you are back...I wanna see the rifle! We should give it a run!
"last gun buying this year"

Sure. I have said that a few times also. Be sure to post pics of your new rifle in June.
Dino,

KOOL rifle. I like it.
I can't buy a rifle last year, but I can give it hell in 2010..LMAO
I have never been able to say that "this rifle is the last one" unless it ws suffixed with today.

That is a really nice looking rifle, even with the classy plastic stock.

Randy
Dino,
Nice rig! Is that a McMillan rifle? Details!
Hi Marty

The Model is the McMillan "Legacy" is is a tribute to the late Gale McMillan and it's in his favorite cartridge 300WM.

Details:
G30 Action
24" stainless barrel 1x12
7lbs
Classic Sporter Edge stock
Jewel trigger-awesome ! 2.5lbs (adjustable)

Dino
© 24hourcampfire