Home
I'm becoming more and more interested in the Whelan. I like the idea of using a 225gr NP on a New England moose and I figure it's about as much recoil as I want to play with.

I might go factory with a CDL for example, or get a 30-06 donor and do it up right!

What do you have, how do you like it, what a you killed with it.

I hand load so tell me about your loads and how your rifle shoots, etc. What are the specs of your rifle?

If you can toss up a pic, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

CLB
I'd rather a 250 if going that construction..
Not opposed to trying some 200gr TSX's, did you build yours on an Remmy?
Factory Remington that I bought the first year they were offered as a BDL (1989?).

I've had critters catch the 225NP but never a 250NP.
You running only leaded in yours? Have you fed it TSX's?
I've run the aforementioned two and 225gr Ballistic tips, have killed with all three. I stick with the 250gr Partition.
I have a Ruger. It has a 22" barrel, it came with a boatpaddle stock, but I replaced it with a Boyd's thumbhole.With my problem, it was much easier to shoot. I have had real good luck with 250 grn. rn. Hornadys. You might want to try them. I tried the 200 gr. Barnes x. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with them.

Denny
Here`s a few Rugers.
[Linked Image]
1st is a Ruger M77RBZ with a fluted Douglas barrel with a worked Ruger trigger, It shoots the Federal 225 gr Trophy Bonded load very well.
2nd is a Ruger Hawkeye Just put the scope on, it hasn`t been to the range yet.
3rd is a Ruger M77RS it also shoots the 225 Tr Bonded load well.
I`m happy with the Federal loading as is it has about the same trajectory as a 180 gr. 30-06 load.
the 77RBZ and the 77RS have been to Pa. and Maine on Black bear hunts but have not connected yet.
If you like the CDL you would also like the 700 Classic in 35 Whelen.
Good luck in your search. 35
Let me get my Photobucket fired up...

250 gr Woodleigh; 58 gr Re 15, gemsbok...

[Linked Image]

Same load, kudu...

[Linked Image]

Caribou and elk killed in 1995 and 1998, both with 250 gr Speer Grand Slam and 53 gr H335.

[Linked Image]

I've pretty well settled on 58 gr of Re 15 pushing either Hornady 250 RN or Woodleigh 250 gr.

If I had to trim my rifle numbers down to one, the Rem 700 .35 Whelen would be the last one I still had smile.

Dennis
I have a 1941 FN 98 Mauser, #3 barrel-22", Gentry 3-position safety, iron sights with a folding island mid sight and a Lyman peep, the front is an over sized gold bead.

When I bought it, it was a 24 inch barrel with a side safety and no sights. I had to have it rechambered as the chamber didn't have enough throat for the 225's.

Weaver bases, a 2x7 Leupy and a 4x "marlin" k-4 for a spare.

It has two stocks a wood one and a plastic Choate for hunting.

I like the round a lot. I like the rifle a lot. I purpose

built it for coastal elk.

They leave big holes in game, I get 2640 with the Trophy 225

and close to that with my handloads. This is very close to the Trophy .338 load [not the HE].

I've only killed deer with it. The .338 has been getting the call on elk.

At this time I'd buy the new SS Hawkeye.
Thanks Scott.

How do those Rugers shoot for you?
Dennis,

Thanks for sharing. I must say I really like the white tips on that bull Elk.

CLB
Thanks for that information. The Hawkeye does have an appeal to me. I'd also look to see what's around used in the Remmy classic.

CLB
I have no trouble hittng claybirds from the sitting position at 200 yards.
The Rugers shoot from under 1" to 1 1/2" depending on the day.
I wouldn`t hesitate buying a Ruger.
I have a pre-64 model 70 standard that I had re-bored from a shot out .30-06. It wears a Pentax Lightseeker 1.5-6x in Leupold dual dovetails. I use necked up WIN '06 brass, Federal GM210's and IMR 4064 for about 2450 with 250 gr. partitions and Speer Hot-cores. It will shoot under an inch with the partitions and will periodically cloverleaf the speers for three shots at 100. It will push the bullets faster, but critters won't notice the extra 50 fps. The 225 partitions go about 1.1/1.2" for three at 2600. For some reason, it doesn't like RL15.
What do you guys think of a 14 twist for the Whelen?
If you like the Remingtons, you had better jump on this one.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/98436220...ing/Remington_700_Classic_35_Whelen.htm#

There a few more decent buys on Guns America

Gun Broker

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153206827
Here's my CDL Whelen, with a 4x Conquest in Talley Lows:

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Here's a 9-shot group at 100 yards with 250 grain Hornady SP's atop 58.7 grains of RL-15:

This gives me about all the recoil I'm willing to tolerate. it's not too awful on my shoulder, but my trigger knuckle does get rapped pretty hard by the bolt handle if I don't have a pretty firm grip on it.

I adjusted the scope to put the groups 1 3/4" high at 100 yards, and they're about 1�" low at 200 yards. I'll be taking this rig pig hunting in March. If I can't kill a pig with it, I'm sure it won't be the rifle's fault.

FC

CLB,
I bought the 700 Classic as soon as it came out. (1989?)
I have shot black bear, caribou and truck loads of whitetails with it. Also a woodchuck and 1 porcupine.
I was impatient and shot the caribou twice. Otherwise all were one shot kills. I like the 225 gr Nosler partition @2681 fps using IMR 4320. The Speer 250 is so deadly on deer it is almost boring.
I would use the 250 gr on moose I guess, although I have not shot one yet myself.
Mine will put the 225 gr bullets into a cloverleaf at 100 yds but the 200 gr not so much. wink [Linked Image]The 35 whelen is on the bottom with the wooden stock.
whelennut
I had one built on a Weatherby Vanguard action. Its best load is 225 grn Sierra Gamekings with 57.0 grns Re15. It has a Douglas barrel, 1:12" twist.

I read here where people consider Gamekings to be too soft for big game, but at Whelen velocities I think they're pretty good. Shot an elk cow last fall, the bullet exited and left a good, short blood trail.

I like it so much I got a Ruger Hawkeye in .35 Whelen before they stopped making it. Still trying to find the best load for it. 250 grn Hornadys and H4895 is showing promise. Several experienced people here have suggested 4320 for Whelens.
Heres Mine(well this pic isnt mine but its identical to it(cam is broke)....7600 Factory Carbine(only 250 made) 35 Whelen w/
VX-3 1.5-5x20mm...Hope ya dont mind Whelen B smile

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
I have a 700 CDL in 35 whelen. I put it in an Bell and Carlson Alaskan II stock with a VX3 2.5x8x32. Shoots 225 accubonds 3/4" at 100 yds.
Bridgetowner, that is a really slick set-up.
Originally Posted by kragman1
Bridgetowner, that is a really slick set-up.

Ya I really like it man...Points way nicer then the 22"bbl's....
And in the Whelen You Cant Go Wrong!!
[Linked Image]

59 grs of RE-15 and 225 gr TSX's for the load, 2.5-8X36 , talley lightweights and a pachmyer pad. Bedded and floated with a trigger job. Last time I shot that load at 200 yds they went into an inch. If you are going to stick to 250 gr bullets and under buy a CDL. If you may go heavier I would build one with a faster twist.
CLB-
This one's never met a bullet it didn't like but I haven't messed beyond 250's much ......(Remington KS)

Currently gets fed 225gr Accubombs. A 225gr NP (like you're suggesting) will make any moose on the face of the earth very, VERY sick. wink

[Linked Image]
Gentleman,

Very cool looking rifles thus far, Thanks for sharing all the information so far.

CLB
Skane, What do you have for a scope on that rifle? Sweet looking with the KS..

CLB
That's a good looking rifle. I'd also bed mine, trigger job etc. Pretty much always do. I think a 250 grainer would be top end for what I want to do. What does that weigh "all up"?

CLB
1.5x5 in that pict but it now wears a 1.75x6...not sure why either. laugh
I found a Tikka T3 .70 win that was used but never fired, sent it to JES to be rebored to 35 Whelen then added a used Zeiss 3-9x40 from the campfire classifieds. Rustloeum camo paint for the stock.
[Linked Image]

Group on left is with 200 TSX'x (RL-15 57.5 gr runs around 2665 fps)

Group on right is with 225 TSX's (RL-15 60 gr runs around 2600 fps)

[Linked Image]

Just put it together this fall so it was my backup to my 300 wsm. in CO and TX hunts, next year it will be my primary.
Originally Posted by SKane
1.5x5 in that pict but it now wears a 1.75x6...not sure why either. laugh

I like the ideal of the 1.5-5x20mm for the Whelen, it looks good and my 3-9x40 stays at 3 or 4..

I could shoot bigger calibers, or smaller calibers, even harder hitting 35's than the Whelen....But, my 35 Whelen is my favorite hunting rig.

Ruger #1K1A, 22" Bbl, with a 1 in 12" rate of twist, and iron sights...for just in case I trash the little 2-7 Leupold Ultralight.

I never push it hard, and it never fails me.

A mild load of 53 grains of H-4895 under a 250 Partition crushes Moose, and 58 grains of the same juice under a 225 TSX takes care of everything else, and would do the same on Moose.

Sincerely,
Scott
I have a Ruger 77, open factory sights, 23 inch barrel. Now sits in a B&C stock I got here. In the next few months I will pillar bed the stock and add a Leupold 1.5-6 to it as my eyes are not what they once were. I have only shot Rem fac loads in it, 200 and 250 coreloks. Both tend to group around 1-1/2 which is fine with me. Am planning to load 225gr NPs for it. I have only used it to take a few deer so far but am quite confident it will handle elk, bear, moose when the time comes.

As a vote of confidence in the Whelen, I am seriously considering only hunting with my Ruger and selling my other rifles except my Marlin 1894 44 mag.

I have a 35 Whelen encore that is very accurate. Why the crack barrel 35 Whelen? It is legal for primitive weapon season in Mississippi, go figure. I am shooting 200 hornadys with Winchester 760. I have shot some groups that I would have considered mythical with this thing at 300 yards, had I not seen them. I took a decent little 9 point with it about a month ago at point blank range. I got a call from the processor that handles my wild game. He said that he had never seen more internal damage with less damage to meat than on this deer. There was not much left of the bullet, basically just a jacket and a little lead. Maybe 2900 fps is a little fast for the 200 gr hornady.
I can hit my 600 yard target with this thing, although the holes are not usually round unless it is very humid outside. How the heck does the state of MS consider a 35 whelen encore a primitive weapon? I have taken to calling primitive weapon season single shot season.
I shoot the 225 gr TSX at 2700 fps in my tweaked old Ruger RS. The combo works just fine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is an old pre-war JP Sauer Mauser that was shot out so rebored to 35 Whelen. I load this one gently with the 250 gr Hornady RN at 2350 fps. I have not shot it in years though.

[Linked Image]
nice ruger and sauer
I built a 35 whelen on a savage 110 action, midway a&b barrel, boyds jrs stock. It is wearing a vari-x III 3.5-10x40 and shoot really good. I really like the 250 gr speers, although the 200 gr sierras and 220 speers shoot good, too. It really puts a big hole in a deer.
Originally Posted by EddyBo
I have a 35 Whelen encore that is very accurate. Why the crack barrel 35 Whelen? It is legal for primitive weapon season in Mississippi, go figure. I have taken to calling primitive weapon season single shot season.

Eddy, That would be good enough a reason for me too.

CLB
Tony,

Thanks for posting that up. Love the looks of the Ruger and those critters!

CLB
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Here's my CDL Whelen, with a 4x Conquest in Talley Lows:

Here's a 9-shot group at 100 yards with 250 grain Hornady SP's atop 58.7 grains of RL-15:

This gives me about all the recoil I'm willing to tolerate. it's not too awful on my shoulder, but my trigger knuckle does get rapped pretty hard by the bolt handle if I don't have a pretty firm grip on it.

I adjusted the scope to put the groups 1 3/4" high at 100 yards, and they're about 1�" low at 200 yards. I'll be taking this rig pig hunting in March. If I can't kill a pig with it, I'm sure it won't be the rifle's fault.

FC

FC,

Love the look of that rife. Very classic and classy looking. No doubt it can shoot.

CLB
Originally Posted by 358wsm

I could shoot bigger calibers, or smaller calibers, even harder hitting 35's than the Whelen....But, my 35 Whelen is my favorite hunting rig.

Ruger #1K1A, 22" Bbl, with a 1 in 12" rate of twist, and iron sights...for just in case I trash the little 2-7 Leupold Ultralight.

A mild load of 53 grains of H-4895 under a 250 Partition crushes Moose, and 58 grains of the same juice under a 225 TSX takes care of everything else, and would do the same on Moose.

Sincerely,
Scott

Scott,

I've seen some with a 1:14 twist. What bullet weight is that designed to spin?

CLB
Originally Posted by CLB
Originally Posted by 358wsm

Sincerely,
Scott

Scott,

I've seen some with a 1:14 twist. What bullet weight is that designed to spin?

CLB

I don't understand Ruger...

77's chambered in 35 Whelen are 1 in 16"
77's chambered in 350 Rem are 1 in 16"
77's chambered in 358 Win are 1 in 12"

Then, they make 250 of these things with a 1 in 12"

"What bullet weight is it designed to shoot.."

Well, the 225 TSX, 225 Swift A Frame, the 250 Hornady RN, and 250 Partition, the 280 Swift A-Frame, and the 310 Woodleighs all seem to enjoy the ride.

I can get those longer ones right up to the lands, or just off them, and that really helps.

I also fully free floated that barrel.

I have not shot lighter weights, but will say that because the throat is so long, the shorter 225 Swift is my worst group shooter at just about an 1.125"

It's just a compact little beast, and I love it..!

P.S. When I built the 358 WSM (before the Whelen) I used a 1 in 12" rate of twist from Pac Nor. It likes 225's and it's deadly accurate.

P.P.S. CBL, I'd say that if you take a good look at what is here you will see that those big 35 caliber bullets are not finicky, the 35 Whelen can usually be taylored to shoot inside an inch(though that's not necessary).
Right from the beginning you started to draw some wise advice, most 35 caliber 250 gr. bullets were made for the 35 Whelen...use em.

I really enjoy the pics gentlemen, thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by bridgetowner
Heres Mine....7600 Factory Carbine(only 250 made) 35 Whelen w/
VX-3 1.5-5x20mm

Boy do I wish I had one of them!!!!!!!!!!
My 35 is my most treasured rifle. It was my fathers. It started as a 30-06 on a 721 action. After I inherited it, I had the barrel bore-scoped and found it to be pitted. So she now sports a Lilja 1-12 barrel. Stock is a custom hand carved 'Weatherby style".

I shoot 250 speers and R15 with boring accuracy. The only target I have on film is with 200 Hornaday's and R15 @ 100 yards.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Happy shooting cool .. BP...
Originally Posted by mike103
VX-3 1.5-5x20mm

That is surely NOT bridgetowner's carbine - it's mine!

The pic has my rec room carpet under the rifle. It's wearing a 1x4x20 Leup. He may have one "like this" but this one is mine (note pic taken sans mag). See same pic here and note other gun pics with same carpet background - http://35cal.com/loading.html#7600carbine

BTW - it's a good one in the bush - I likey.
Looks like mine..........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Whelen_B
VX-3 1.5-5x20mm

The pic has my rec room carpet under the rifle. It's wearing a 1x4x20 Leup. He may have one "like this" but this one is mine (note pic taken sans mag). See same pic here and note other gun pics with same carpet background - http://35cal.com/loading.html#7600carbine

Sooooory Whelen B I thought I had already mentioned it wasnt my pic...but that was on gunnutz lol...I corrected it for you on this site as well!!! It is the same though smile
My 700 Classic in a XCR magnum stock.
I had a Vari-X III 1.5-5X20 on it but I think it's going to get a VXII 2-7X33 for this fall.
[Linked Image]
A truck gun I put together in dribs and drabs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I had a Rem 760 that was in 35 Rem rechambered to 35 Whelen.

I have a Rem 7600 in 35 Whelen that I like more, 250 Speers @ 2500 with IMR 4320. Usually goes through a moose.

I also have a LH Ruger 21" in 35 Whelen Imp mutt barrel unknown pedigree. That always shoots well with 250 Speer, 58.5 gr RL 15 @ 2600 FPS 1 in 14 twist if I recall.

The Whelen kills well and seems to be easy on the recoil IMHO.
My present 35 Whelen is a tang safety Ruger M77, 22" barrel. Got a spring black bear hunt booked so have sent some old reliable loads down the range. 52grs IMR4320 with 250 gr Hornady SP PT, chrony at 2460fps, R-P Case, CCI 200 primer.

My first 35 Whelen (poor man's magnum) was a 1903-A3 Springfield with a 24" Buhmiller barrel. Stith mount with a 2.5 K Weaver. Weighed almost 10 1/2 pounds. Bought it from Leo Roethe, Fort Atkinson WI in the 1960s. I struggled with respectable accuracy in it for years, although all was not bad. It bagged my best Idaho elk, Ontario moose and wild boar.
Originally Posted by utah708

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That there is a mighty pretty truck gun even if the bolt is on the wrong side. grin

Steely,

Another classy looking rifle you have there. How long is the barrel?
[Linked Image]

700 Classic 35 Whelen 1.5x5x20 Leupold 225gr NPT 57 grs Re.15
Carried this rifle all season, couldn't ask for more.
49" N.East B.C. Canadian Moose
[Linked Image]

Truck gun! shocked shocked laugh laugh

Dang, that's a beaut.

Nicely done Blackdog1. Very nice looking moose.

CLB
Man I love the colors in that wood, what kind is it?

CLB
Originally Posted by SKane
[Linked Image]

Truck gun! shocked shocked laugh laugh

Dang, that's a beaut.

Must keep it in one heck of a nice truck!!
Mine is a Campfire special, bought mostly in the classifieds here.

Its on a mdl 700 classic action, 24" CDL barrel, and an LSS stock.

VXIII 2.5-8 in Leupold DD's (soon to be Talley LW's)
Shoots 3/4 MOA with 250 speers or partitions.

[Linked Image]
rosco1,

I'm diggin the looks of that rifle! Kill any big critters, moose maybe?

CLB
[Linked Image] This 35 Whelen in a model 7600 has been fully engraved & has a trigger job & scoped with a 6X42 Leupold w/Premier heavy reticle. Using mostly 225G Partitions & 250G Trophy Bounded & a healthy dose of IMR4350 I have taken 5 black bears & over 150 hogs. One of the best over looked medium range calibers. I could have probably done all of my hunting with this one rifle & caliber, but what fun would that be.
I can't get my pic to fit here...don't understand that, Grrrrrr.

Here's one of it's other 249 siblings...
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger_No1_35Whelen.htm

Sorry I can't seem to post, it says my pic exceeds the allowable size.

Scott
Mines a standard blued/walnut Hawkeye with a Zeiss 2.5-8 scope. Currently load the 200gn Remington over 57gn H4895. Has taken pigs, a goat and a fox. Will load the 220gn Speer when the Rems run out.
Shot about a dozen elk, a few deer, a couple moose and a caribou with my old Rem 700 classic .35 Whelen, mostly with Speer 250 GS at 2500fps. Great combination, and the only reason I sold it was because I replaced it with a Sako AV Classic rebarreled to .35 Whelen with 1:12 twist. I like it even better. I don't have any use for bullets lighter than 250 grains any more, I have other rifles if I want to shoot light bullets or flatter trajectories. I did have two bad experiences with 225 grain bullets, a Sierra failed to expand on a deer and a Nosler BT blew up in an elk. Recovered the deer but lost the elk. I'm interested in playing with some 310 gr. Woodleighs that I picked up. Not necessary to go that heavy but i like to experiment.
Rem 700 Classic (20 years old now!) with a Leupold 4X. Another one in Rem 7600 from Grice's. It likes a 2.5 Weaver steel tube, but may like a receiver sight soon. That carbine was sweet. I haven't loaded much lately, but used to use 250 gr. Hornady PSP with around 55 grains of Reloader 15. I got between 2400 and 2500 fps, so figured all was fine.
Karl
Here's mine.

Stainless Ruger MKII, Bevan King 22" 1:14 barrel, McMillan Classic in GAP and Leupold VXII 3x9. Shoots 225gr TSX at 2700fps. It's my moose rifle.

[Linked Image]
BCSteve,

2700 fps with a 22" tube? i wonder if that creates any pressure issues since it is outside the reloading manuals i've looked at? that's about what factory 180s go in an 06 isn't it?

a fellow over at AR was telling me about his Whelen and got nearly the same speeds with his and used it to great effect on his bull elk at 360 measured yards. I would never have thought of the Whelen as a distance gun! BTW, isn't 1:14 unusual for the Whelen?
Steve,

That rig is sweet! You have pics of it in action either on paper or with critters!.

CLB
JS LaCourse,

I am not BCSteve, but if I may...

2700fps is above "Manual" specs for the Whelen, yes...

However, it is very easy to reach that velocity in a 22" barrel, without streching the case head, crowning primers, and getting a sticky bolt lift..,typical pressure indicators.

This is not an uncommon velocity in the Whelen with 225gr. bullets.

In the Tradjectory Dept.

Bullets with a B.C of somewhere around .400+ (such as the 250 Partition), carry to only 13" low at 350
yards when zeroed 3" high at 200 yards.

100 = +3.75"
200 = +3.00"
300 = -4.50"
350 = -12.5"
400 = -20.0" Approx.

Barrel twist.

Current production factory offerings are usually 1 in 16" rate of twist, and this will usually stablize most of the longer bullets.

Both of my 35's are turning 1 in 12"

The 1 in 14" rate is an common option from custom builders.., and a great choice.

Sincerely,
Scott
I barreled BCSteve's rifle about three years ago and have no doubt it will do 2700 with a 225...I built one with a 24" barrel that did well over 2700 with a 225 Partition pushed with Rel 15....betcha he's using Rel 15..
this may be making my decision easier... with this load guys, is there anything on the NA continent that isn't fair game with the Whelen?

And does the use of the 225 gr Barnes make up for list SD by its typically high retained weight?
Originally Posted by Whelen_B
VX-3 1.5-5x20mm

Sooooory Whelen B I thought I had already mentioned it wasnt my pic...but that was on gunnutz lol...I corrected it for you on this site as well!!! It is the same though smile

BUSTED!
Heres mine.
Win. Mod 70 S/S Classic
Rebored 30/06
1-12" Twist
Leupold VXIII 2.5-8X36 B&C

[Linked Image]

Shoots 225gr TSX's & 250gr Speer HotCores very well with RL15.
Have only shot 13 pigs with it up to about 250lbs. It will be my rifle of choice on my next Moose or Elk hunt. Karry
Originally Posted by rosco1
Mine is a Campfire special, bought mostly in the classifieds here.

Its on a mdl 700 classic action, 24" CDL barrel, and an LSS stock.

VXIII 2.5-8 in Leupold DD's (soon to be Talley LW's)
Shoots 3/4 MOA with 250 speers or partitions.

[Linked Image]

Great looking rifle.
Karry,

That is a real nice rifle. The optics are a perfect size. How does it group?

CLB
Originally Posted by JS_LaCourse
BCSteve,

2700 fps with a 22" tube? i wonder if that creates any pressure issues since it is outside the reloading manuals i've looked at? that's about what factory 180s go in an 06 isn't it?

a fellow over at AR was telling me about his Whelen and got nearly the same speeds with his and used it to great effect on his bull elk at 360 measured yards. I would never have thought of the Whelen as a distance gun! BTW, isn't 1:14 unusual for the Whelen?

As Rembo already mentionned, her rebarreled my Ruger a couple years ago. Most factory Whelen (if not all) come with 1:16 barrel but mine being a custom barrel is a 1:14. Some owners of 1:16 have reported poor accuracy and stabilization problem with bulletes of 250gr and up.

2700fps is not that crazy, if you look at Nosler's manual, they list loads up to 2800fps (which I believe is a little optimistic). I've used RL15 and Varget in mine to get 2700fps without any pressure issues.
Originally Posted by CLB
Steve,

That rig is sweet! You have pics of it in action either on paper or with critters!.

CLB

Here it is with a young bull moose from a couple years ago when it was still wearing the Hogue stock.
[Linked Image]

And this year with some other gear while bison hunting.
[Linked Image]
CLB, it groups around 1" with most loads i've worked with. The TSX's run right at 2700fps with 59grs of RL15 and the Speers at around 2550 with 56grs. Will be out working on these loads a little in the naxt week or so to see if i can make them a little better. If you are interested www.cutrifle.com did the rebore for me.
Karry,

Thanks for that information. I was going to be asking about rebore next. Glad to see it worked well for you. I'll check out the site.

BCSteve, thanks for the follow up, that's a good moose! Good luck this year with that rifle.

CLB
© 24hourcampfire