Home
gunnut308 and I were discussing this page. I don't know if you guys have seen it before, but it's got some pretty cool stuff you can make at home...

http://www.varmintal.com/abifu.htm
Thanks for the look at that well done page.

I am going to stay with the conventional positions I have used over a lifetime learned in competitive shooting. I use a sling for prone, sitting and kneeling and my standing position.

That pod seems a little short as a walking stick but I have not tried it.

Yesterday I made a good shot from standing. I have confidence in those postions.
I made a set years ago and keep them in my pickup. They work good. They are stiffer then than the collapsible aluminum jobs, which is handy for varmint shooting. I don't carry them big game hunting (I do carry some collapsible sticks big game hunting).
The easiest, lightest, steadiest and least expensive shooting sticks I've used was made by wrapping a short section of road bike inner tube around fiberglass X-C ski poles purchased at a garage sale for 2 bucks. Just remove the snow baskets off the ski poles, spray paint the poles with a flat camo color, if needed. If a tripod is desired, just add another ski pole to the bundle. Two longer poles bundled with a short pole works even better.
My favorites are two old fiberglass arrows (carbon would work fine, or even aluminum) bound together with a wad of rubber bands saved from the newspaper.

Quick to deploy, light, cheap, adjustable, and very steady.
i made a pair years ago and used them successfully while calling coyotes...
i recently switched from sitting on the ground, while calling, to a folding camp stool...
i made a longer pair and they're working out as well, albeit with limited use so far...
I've been using some sawed off golf clubs for years. I put field tips in the cut off end. The rubber grips work great.
Im glad you guys posted these, ive been meaning to fabricate myself a set for awhile and now i think i will.
That website has a lot of useful information. The portion on minilathes is very good, also.
© 24hourcampfire