Home
Ok, I'm looking for pictures of any stainless rifle in one of the following stock colors:

Olive w/black web
Tan w/black web
Black w/grey web

I am buying a new synthetic stock and need to decide on the color I want, so help me out if you can. I've searched the internet and the pictures of stainless rifles with these color stocks are very hard to find.

Right now I'm leaning towards Olive w/black web, followed closely by tan w/black web & black w/grey web
[Linked Image]
I vote for the Olive! I'd show mine but the metal is ceracoated black........................DJ
[Linked Image]
How 'bout olive with black and white webbing?

[Linked Image]
This rifle has since been rescoped and restocked with a McMillan Mtn Rifle handle, but this is what it looked like in the Ti stock after I painted it. I used AlumahydeII on the stock then krylon webbing spray.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Passport, who did that stock. That thing looks friggin' awesome!!
Those are some good lookin rifles!
Yeah they are great looking. I'm still leaning towards olive with black web, but passport, I'm also interested in who did your stock. it's very nice with the more vertical, less busy webbing.
Originally Posted by remfak
Passport, who did that stock. That thing looks friggin' awesome!!

Thanks, Karl at Kampfelds did that one.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here's a couple Rick Bin did for me. The green one is a .300 WM and the Black one is a .338 WM. Both Rem 700's.

Fast Ed
Darn,

some of your boys are talented...

and some of you have the money to pay someone to be talented..

but those sure are some nice jobs on finished stocks..
Factory Bell & Carlson olive/black paint on a Ti-style stock with a M700 LSS Mountain Rifle barreled action. I like the color combo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] Remington 700 Mtn Guide 7mm-08, Fluted bolt/Barrel/skeletonized bolt, Ceramic bead blasted stainless barrel(Kampfeld). I painted the stock.
Originally Posted by Seafire
Darn,

some of your boys are talented...

and some of you have the money to pay someone to be talented..

but those sure are some nice jobs on finished stocks..

Yeah, those look nice!

I'm thinking about doing a matte 'camo' olive/red/black rattlecan job on my A7. Custom......(grin)

This should do it for you - They just don't get better looking than this.

Spot

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

280AI
Wow!!
Thank you all for posting the great pics.
Jpro, I think you just comfermed that I want the olive with black webbing.

When I get my rifle all put together, I'll have to post my pic
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I did paint my wifes stock with pink with black web but don't have a photo.
Good looking rifle pix posted here.
I do like rifle pix... grin
SPS .257 Weatherby
Alaskan Ti BDL Gray/Black Web

[Linked Image]
My HS Precision olive with black webbing is being made. I should have it near the end of the month.I've got my trijicon mounted with stainless leupold dual dovetails. I think this rifle will be very nice when I'm done
Grooovie stocks fo sho!!!

-nut
[Linked Image]
Rem 700 Sendero SS fluted in .300 Win Mag
[Linked Image]
I just bought a LTR 700 308 black rifle. I been thinking about going olive green with dark gray webbing.

QUESTION ?? After the base coat (olive) is the best way to web by using dipped tooth brush in the webbing (gray) and thumb flick it onto base coat ?

I'll take all the help I can get.

Tacksmacker
[Linked Image]
Glad I asked !!!!

Tacksmacker
Spotshooter - Which model Finnlight? Also, what stock? Good looking outfit.
I finally found some webbing spray paint. I did my first rifle, and LTR compact 308. First I used Kylon drab green, then smoke spayed it from a distance with Kylon chulkboard color, this gave it the slightest of haze. Then came the black webbing. I test shot the same procedure green, smoke on a black piece of cardboard.
It matched what I had done to the stock. I tested webbing at different distances on several sctions of the cardboard. Then did the stock. Man it came out super great ! Everyone that has a black stock gun wants me to do theirs !
Thanks to everyone on this post for ideas and examples !
I will be post finished rifle in the next couple days !

Tacksmacker
OK, Finally got my stock
Here's the Pics
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Looks good, but personally I don't like the color of your scope mounts/bases
Yeah, I couldn't decide between stainless or black. The talleys would have looked much better, but were too expensive for me right now. Figured the ring color wouldn't make too much different. The bases and rings are a slightly off color with almost a slight greenish tint
originally i found this stainless model 7 as a gunshop trade-in, it had a sloppy coat of oversprayed flat back that had ran in places, looked like hell. Stock is by MPI.

liked the feel of the gun but it was ugly as a mud fence. no webbing spray around here, so i used a textured/granite finish, turned out i like the way it feels, and doesnt look as homely now to my eyeballs.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like it, looks good, whose paint?
Stainless Sako 75 300 RUM in an olive McMillan stock:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Stainless Sako 75 300 RUM in an olive McMillan stock:

[Linked Image]

Interested in hearing more on the picattiny rail over the sako action, as have wondered about what may be possible. Did you have some of the crosshatched surface milled off first, or? Looks nice and tight in appearance.
© 24hourcampfire