Home
Posted By: n2daddy Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
These two are very similarly priced. Which would you buy?
Posted By: iddave Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
I would say it depends on your end goal.

If you just want to buy a factory rifle and shoot it and forget it...the XL-7 for sure.

If you're thinking you might like to customize it a bit either now or later, the ADL for sure.
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
The Remington because I hate barrel nuts and little blades in my triggers.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
Either or..
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
+1.

That is EXACTLY my feeling. If you're just buying it for the action, buy the Remington. If you're buying it to use in "as is" format, the Marlin is a good choice. Where I live, new Marlins are running at least $50 less then the lowest cost new Remington.

I currently have 4 Marlins:

XS-7 with a 24" 1 in 9" ROT A&B 22-250 barrel.
XS-7 in 243.
XS-7 with a 24" A&B 257 Roberts barrel.
XL-7 with a 24" A&B 7x57 barrel.

When I get them sorted out, I'm going to leave the 3 rifles with A&B barrels at our place in CO as part of the hunting kit that I leave there, so that I won't have to carry firearms on the plane when I fly to Denver any longer.

Jeff
Posted By: podunk Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
Originally Posted by nsaqam
The Remington because I hate barrel nuts and little blades in my triggers.

As usual nsaqam's hit the nail right on the head. If I had the money to buy either it would be the ADL every time. The cheaper models like the marlin or savage/ stevens while perfectly functional are an eyesore and feel clunky to me.
Posted By: Blowtorch53 Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
XL-7 hands down. Take that you Remington snobs!!!
Posted By: podunk Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
I dont know that its an insult as Big Green owns Marlin also, thereby making it no less a Remington than a Stevens is a Savage.
Posted By: Dakotakid Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/03/10
The Marlins shoot very well and are light weight and carry well, If you want a magnum then the ADL gets the nod, and with a trigger tweak they will shoot every bit as good as a Marlin, The Marlin 270's if been around will shoot near 1/2 inch with a variety of loads, not sure why that is but impressive, wont do it with a 5shot group as the barrel gets to hot, I own a .243 and it will get 3/4" with its best loads so far
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Rem ADL or Marlin XL-7 - 05/04/10
Remington...I hate the nut and the blade thingy too.
© 24hourcampfire