Home
Posted By: PeaEye x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/08/10
I have adjusted an x-mark pro on a 700 CDL SF as light as I can go while having it hold the striker every time. I was not able to get it as light as I can the regular old style 700 triggers, which comfortably go to 2.5 lbs with no reliability problems. The problem I have is that the pull is very inconsistent. I have a digital trigger pull gauge, and I get a range from 3 lbs 2 oz. to over 4 lbs. My other 700s are usually consistent within 3 or 4 ounces, which I don't notice while shooting.

Is this wide a range of pulls typical of the x-mark pro triggers? Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'll have to buy a Timney or the like.
Posted By: himmelrr Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/08/10
I am 50/50 on XMarks. The first had a long gritty pull beofre breaking at 3.5 lbs. It was thoroughly clean too. The other was easy to adjust down to 3.0 pound without any creep.

RH
Had one I couldn't do a damn thing with and another this about as crisp a trigger as I have.
Sample of four. With the risk of sounding like Swampy, they've all been pretty nice 3-4 lb triggers. Even at the top end, they were very crisp.
Here's your fix.

X-Mark Pro Fix

MM
Posted By: toad Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/08/10
thanks for that link, MM. might save me some bucks.
Posted By: bigrocks Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/08/10
hoooo, vewy intawesting gwass hoppa smile
Yep, I didn't know they changed them in 2009.
Posted By: DJTex Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/09/10
I'm batting .500 with them...I bought a 700 close out at Academy and actually got the sales guy to let me pull two or three out of the stock and adjust them in the store so that I could find one which was crisp and went down to 2 lbs safely.

I went in mid morning and nothing was going on, and the sales guy wanted to see how the triggers were as well - so it worked out really well. I brought in my trigger gauge and we played with 3 of them - two were good, one not so much.

BTW - I think these may have been old models they were clearing out - didn't see the second screw through the trigger on any of them.

DJ
Posted By: tx270 Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/09/10
I've got one of he original ones like DJ. Mine is as crisp and creep free as a person could propably want.

But about 3.25 lbs is as low as it will safely go. And it's not real consistent, 3.25 one pull and nearly 3.75 the next.

Its not a bad trigger per say, but I can make a plain ol' 700 trigger do better pretty easy.

Bill
Posted By: Duckdog Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/09/10
Originally Posted by DJTex
I'm batting .500 with them...I bought a 700 close out at Academy and actually got the sales guy to let me pull two or three out of the stock and adjust them in the store so that I could find one which was crisp and went down to 2 lbs safely.

I went in mid morning and nothing was going on, and the sales guy wanted to see how the triggers were as well - so it worked out really well. I brought in my trigger gauge and we played with 3 of them - two were good, one not so much.

BTW - I think these may have been old models they were clearing out - didn't see the second screw through the trigger on any of them.

DJ

shocked You've got to be kidding.
Posted By: cal74 Re: x-mark Pro triggers junk? - 05/09/10
I've got two of the older ones. First one was very easy to get to just a tad under 3lbs very easy.

Second one looked like a monkey put on the glue over the allen screws. Had to take a soldering iron to heat it and loosen it up.

Now breaks nice at 3 lbs.
I have had both the Xmark pro and the new Xmark with the adjustment in the trigger shoe. They both equally suck. The newest version I still don't understand all the hoopla..I could not get mine to go under 3 1/2 lbs. The older X mark went to 3 lbs. I think the original version of the 700 trigger might be the best option or a Jewell.
© 24hourcampfire