Home
Cabelas is having a sale on some rifles. They have a weatherby vanguard in the stainless syththetic for a decent price. I was considering one in a 338 win if they have one. With that large of a caliber, would that synthetic stock not absorb as much recoil as a wood stock would or would it not even make a difference?
I have found the synthetic stocks to have less felt recoil than wood stocks.
They are great guns. Accuracy is their best attribute. If you get it and are looking for ammo, let me know.

Take care,
Jeff

haven't had a bad one out of my 6 or 7 (can never remember) that i have owned. the one i just bought this summer shot a 3 shot .276" group with the first batch of handloads i made up. can't ask for more than that.

i believe the synthetic stocks are a little better with recoil since they flex and give a bit.
I have a Weatherby Vanguard in a pretty wood stocked .300WBY. I have 3 Howa's, (same), with syn stocks. A SS .22-250 and 7mmWSM. And a blue .300Win. All are excellent and all were bought under $400. Three were NIB and the .300Win was used with a scope. Good luck.
Thanks for the info, I will have to go and see what the availabilty is now.
GREAT gun for the money. I have only messed with 5 of them but they were all very accurate.
© 24hourcampfire