Home
Well, after all this talk about de-resonator, Karnis and I decided to give these 'barrel donuts' a shot. We headed off to range this morning, and stopped in the shop to pick up a few. Now this is serious, I don't want to see any posts on how gay they look. We dropped a lot of dough on this experiment! This is not a complete report, as we are waiting on the shooting magazines to contact us, for future articles!

Seeing as there were so many to choose from, we decided on an even dozen.

Our first observation is that they will not hold up on rainy days, although your experience maybe different. It took some work to figure out where they were most affective on our barrels. Both of us were shooting .257 Roberts, his a Kimber mine a Hawkeye.

Karnis figured out that he need three, to really tune his barrel. He discovered that he needed the Chocolate covered glazed, glazed old fashion and glazed blueberry. After, examining his groups, he thought the blueberry needed a little tweeking, either that or he was a little hungry.

My Hawkeye would just not respond to two or three, had to go a full load, plain cake, glazed, glazed old fashion, chocolate covered cake, chocolate glazed, cinnamon old fashion and a plain cake. Man what a difference this made!

Although, our experiment is highly scientific your results may vary.

Carlos, I am sure will kick in with his thoughts on our experiment and our theory that barrel donuts do make for a more enjoyable shooting experience!

On behalf of Karnis, this is Sactoller...and we thank you for your support!

Photos and a short video below!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You hit the sweet spot! LMAO, you crazy bastids! grin
You pissed off a lot of cops today
Funny as hell. Thank you for your sacrifice laugh
Originally Posted by Powerguy
You pissed off a lot of cops today

Sacrifices have to be made in the name of science!
Originally Posted by sactoller

[Linked Image]

Dooooooooooooooooooooooods........

this is just Wrong.........

laugh

Ingwe
grin

What type rest is the black one? TIA
TFF. Goofy bastages.
We're going to have to figure out a way to keep the chocolate sauce from melting as you squeeze them off.

Dammit, that didn't sound right.
You know you probably could have gotten a government grant to fund the test.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Dammit, Jim! Maybe, we can get one for jelly filled donuts!
I see several holes in this series of testing. Try putting the chocolate ones closest to the action and see if impact changes.
They may come in handy bear hunting.
Originally Posted by TomA
I see several holes in this series of testing. Try putting the chocolate ones closest to the action and see if impact changes.

Actually I've got some additional tricks in my bag. Don't tell sactoller:
[Linked Image]
Sorry, but I need to see before and after targets.
Laffin here! You guys kill me! Keep it up an dI am liable to spit milk all over my keyboard!
Friggin outstanding!

Though you boys look more like jelly doughnut kind of guys.........grin
That was [bleep] awesome....

It should get a sticky.
As a cop, I am offended! Only because I wasn't invited. Did anyone bring Rolaids?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Friggin outstanding!

Though you boys look more like jelly doughnut kind of guys.........grin

True dat, however (and it's a big one) shooting in the Texas summer heat has some disadvantages when using these barrel thingees. Most important is that the jelly would liquify and clog up the works.

I am currently in the process of combining blue tape, barrel thingees and muzzle condoms. Some of you may smirk or scoff at the idea but each has it's own merits.

During today's session the range officer trampled over and asked what he were doing. For a younger guy he sure has a foul disposition. I told him we were testing our new thingees and tried to explain the rationale behind the methodology. Unfortunately, he scoffed in our general direction and left shaking his head mumbling under his breath. I felt like I should've tried to improve his mood somewhat but then thought better of it. Had I done so he probably would've turned into a real bear claw and packed up our thingees.

I really have no idea why anyone would want to be in the accurizing business. It is most frustrating trying to explain the ins and outs of something which is not really a science but an art.

I am quite optimistic that further testing will provide heretofore unheard of scientific discoveries.

Stay tuned.
I think you need to put some apple fritters in your testing, apples are historically linked with accuracy (William Tell?) and I am sure that you may not have to even aim with one on your barrel, the bullet will find its way to the proper target
They taste better if you heat up the barrel...I mean work better! Still LMAO!!!
All that and you didn't test Bagels? Glaring ommision that.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Tracks

That's because the sectional density is way different. Doooh!

I am thinking that the bagel would have to be toasted, in order to be as affective as donuts.

I am thinking that the bagel would have to be toasted, in order to be as affective as donuts.

Barrel heat will toast them from the inside out. Cream cheese is going to be a problem so let's not go there before we complete the donut testing. Mebbe kolaches next.
Late to the conversation.... Hilarious stuff! Thanks for the laughs.
Next thing you know they'll be promoting a "tacticool" model for law enforcement and military only ....

Well done!
I can see the future in this. Soon Holder and sista Janet will rule that all Krispy Kremes must have FFLs, Cops all over the country will rise up to put an end to Obamas corruption, and the country wil elect Homer Simpson to take over. grin
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Only if they are gay donuts... whistle

Too funny guys!

The advantage is you can toast your bagel whilst shooting.....that was good sfternoon chuckle right there. Very creative. Betting you had the best groups when you really had them stacked on there!!
Did you find the placement of the donuts to have any affect?? ie, plain cake, strawberry, glazed versus strawberry, glazed, cake versus all one type?
Most important, were these Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kremes or some other type?
So many questions, so few answers.
What the hell, at least two are on backwards. You boys need to get up to speed if you expect to sell an article and have any credibility.

Addition: Hint. The coating always should face in. Thank me later and good luck with the outdoor writing gig.
Originally Posted by battue
What the hell, at least two are on backwards. You boys need to get up to speed if you expect to sell an article and have any credibility.

Since this is a totally new technology some mistakes will be made. I'm ruminating on the changes and next course of action, sactoller is chewing on donuts. He's in charge of procurement and disposal, I'm in charge of science and technology.
Originally Posted by Karnis

I'm ruminating on the changes and next course of action, sactoller is chewing on donuts. He's in charge of procurement and disposal, I'm in charge of science and technology.

Sounds like both of you are ruminating. Oh well, your smart guys. I'm positive you will get it all worked out.

I'm ruminating on the changes and next course of action, sactoller is chewing on donuts. He's in charge of procurement and disposal, I'm in charge of science and technology.

Sounds like both of you are ruminating. Oh well, your smart guys. I'm positive you will get it all worked out.

Yes, we both are and thanks for the vote of confidence. Quite unnerving and the pressure has caused me to break out with hives.

Yes, we both are and thanks for the vote of confidence. Quite unnerving and the pressure has caused me to break out with hives.

Probably not pressure from trying to get it right. More likely an overdose allergy to white flour. Again, thank me later.
Being of the Jewish persuasion, I think it only fair that you give equal time to barrel bagels.
Originally Posted by Blowtorch53
Being of the Jewish persuasion, I think it only fair that you give equal time to barrel bagels.

Yeah, Lox and load. grin

Yeah, Lox and load. grin

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
Great Tracks!
Originally Posted by stillbeeman

Yeah, Lox and load. grin

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

'Tis that. We will utilize Lox and load next time out. eek
[Linked Image]

-Bob F. grin
Truly excellent work guys! Y'all are right on the foreskin of technology. I was a test engineer for NASA and the Army Missile Command for a number of years and used to have a sign on my desk that said "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions". Y'all are the embodiment of that philosophy.

I especially like the fact that you fine tuned the resonance damping effect by reducing the weight of the blueberry test article. Keep up the good work. Lot's more research to be performed. However, be forewarned to be careful with the blue tape and barrel condoms. You could overspeed the bullets, burn out your barrel and way overpenetrate under field conditions.
© 24hourcampfire