Home
frown

While hunting with my 7x57 Brno ZKK 600 I felt inexplainable "movement" in the rifle at times.

First I thought - loose guard screws. Checked -and not the case.

No other visual - so I shrugged it off and shoot a buck with it.

Next time I see a hair line crack from the bolt cutout to the trigger guard. Upon inspection the stock was only held to gether by the guards screws...

I will try epoxy and pins - but have not to much hope.

Will aftermarket stocks for the CZ 550 fit the Brno ZKK 600 action?

Thanks.
yes, I just put a McM CZ550 stock on a 1967 ZKK600, just asked for factory inlet and barrel channel and everything dropped in.

I had to do a bit around the barrel boss, the safety, and the very rear of the triggerguard but other than that it was perfect.

If you'd only broke your a couple weeks ago, I wouldn;t have practically given my wooden one away!

You could also try AHR for a take-off factory CZ stock
You might give CZ USA a call. I've found them pretty good to do business with. The kevlar stocks (by McM) are pretty pricey but the wood should be less expensive.
Thank you very much, guys.

I have written CZ - they sell a synthetic version here in Europe.

Perhaps I can get one of those stocks.

I had one in 7 x 57 and I had some work done on it mostly bedding and a better safety. It did crack in the risk and my smith pined and epoxied it and it was fine after that. I was giving some thought to doing a restock but I let the rifle go down the road.
Oops! My blunder - Europe. Sorry about that. Well, FWIW, CZ USA has been pretty decent to work with. Hope you have the same experience at home.
© 24hourcampfire