Home
Just received my McMillan Edge stock for the my Sako 75 stainless .308. The new stock saved 13 ounces over the factory synthetic stock. Ordered it with 1/2 in Pachmayr Decelerator pad and 13.75 LOP. Edge stock weighed in at 1lb 9 oz, factory synthetic weighed in at 2lb 6 oz. Now the rifle complete with a Leupold 2.5-8x and Leupold Sako rings weighs in at 7lb 5 oz.

It was worth the wait!

Ed

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice!
Dammit Boy!Looks great!
That's REAL nice! Do you know if they can drop a 85 in one of those?

CLB
You're ready!!
Not sure if they inlet the stock for a Sako 85...

Just got back from the range using some 165gr Accubonds over a max charge of Reloader 15. 5 shot group was 1.1 inches with a bit of vertical stringing. I could probably do better when it gets a bit cooler as there was a very slight mirage from the heat. I could also concentrate more on my bench rest technique to improve consistency. These loads Chrono'd at an average 2680 fps. I had switched out the scope to VX3 2.5 -8x from the older 2.5-8x that was in the photo in this post. The Decelerator pad although only 1/2 inch made this rifle much more pleasant to shoot than my Model 70 stainless .308 in a regular McMillan Stock with 1 inch standard recoil pad (shooting same loads). My rifle shot well with the original factory stock, but the handling is much nicer with the lighter McMillan (made with Edge Technology).

Ed
Looks great! I was reading that the A7 was based on the 75, can it be made to fit?
Looking good.
Originally Posted by CLB
That's REAL nice! Do you know if they can drop a 85 in one of those?

CLB

You can get them for the 85 but you need to send your rifle into McMillian.
Originally Posted by old_willys
Looks great! I was reading that the A7 was based on the 75, can it be made to fit?

I just read another post on the campfire, apparently McMillan does a stock for a T3 https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Tikka_T3_Superlite_Sportsma#Post4357047

Ed
What pattern is that? Very nice.
Very nice!...................Hillbilly.
Craig, I try to not look at these threads.

Nice upgrade!
Originally Posted by Reloder28
What pattern is that? Very nice.

from the McMillan Invoice

"Sako 75-III Hunter, black paint with Edge Technology, 1/2 inch Decelerator pad and 13.75 LOP, Stainless Steel Studs"

its a great stock and it sure helped to trim some weight off of my Sako.

Ed
I have the same stock on my 75 Finnlight .308, except its olive. Love the EDGE, also have Sako Hunter EDGE on my 85 .260 and 85 .30-06, in black.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire