Home
Can anyone give me the load data for the above combination on 130gr? I am using Win large rifle primers and remington brass. It turns out that after I think I have everything, I need Speer's 14th edition to find this data.
After:
270 win dies and 30/30 dies today, $70
Hand primer and shell holders last week, $45
223 dies and powder the week before, $?
I just can't wait until next week. I am using Lyman's 49th edition and am not experienced enough to estimate.

Thank you in advance for your help.
I'll assume the 130 grain version.
I run 55 gr IMR 4350 in mine, but usually with a Hornaday bullet. You may also want to go here:

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp
With 130s, I used to run 54.5 IMR-4350, close enough to Blacktail53s numbers not to matter much. I used Sierra's bullets, but the deer still fell over dead.

With 150s, running about 52.0 seems right, at least in my Winchester it shoots lights out.
Mine seems to like 53 gr of IMR 4350 with the boattail version of the 130 gr Speer. WLR primers and W-W brass.

Dale
Speer 14 says.

H4350 start 52 max 56

Imr 4350 start 51 max 55
I wish to thank everyone for their information.
For the 130gn try 53.5 og H4350 and use a magnum primer.You should get around 2950 fps with this load. Super accurate and mild to shoot as well. Tried this in my neighbour's 270 and got a 0.75 " group at 200 meters. Second group shot 1.05" at 200. In my Tikka and several other rifles it gives superb accuracy.
for the 140 stuff 51.5 of H4350 with magnum primers does the business for my rifle
rob
53.0 gr of IMR-4350 with a 130 gr bullet has shot very accurate in every .270 I have ever owned.
Ok, I did not the results I wanted with this powder. When the group became acceptable at 54 gr, the primer started to show the start of pressure changes.

I now have some H4831, does anyone have a nice recipe for these .277 speer HCSP 130gr? I do not want to load near the max.
Thanks,
Max is likely between 60-62 grains, so.... try something less than that.
Difficult to figure out what you are up to. As the man said, take a look at Hodgden's website.
Thank you.
I was not getting all the info out of the Hodgdon website that was available.

Optimum charge weight website lists 55g IMR4350 as the optimum charge weight load for 130g bullets in the .270 Win with IMR4350.

http://optimalchargeweight.embarqspace.com/#/ocw-load-recipes/4533485759
Ok, I did not the results I wanted with this powder. When the group became acceptable at 54 gr, the primer started to show the start of pressure changes.

What do you mean? A bit of flattening is OK.

Was extraction easy?
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
I'll assume the 130 grain version.
I run 55 gr IMR 4350 in mine, but usually with a Hornaday bullet. You may also want to go here:

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

+1

54-55g of H or IMR
Originally Posted by mathman

Was extraction easy?

I mean that the primer started flattening. It was not fully flattened, but was started changing shape. If a little flattening is ok, please explain. How much is ok??
One of your manuals should have some pictures. You don't want to completely lose the radius on the outside edge.

You said the group became acceptable at 54 grains. Well, 55 grains of either 4350 is a pretty standard load that is good in most rifles. At 54 grains your rifle is probably starting to come into tune. Try a few at 54.5 and 55 grains and see what happens.

Also, the brass colored WW primers flatten pretty easy. Standard 270 Win loads will squish them a bit.
Originally Posted by mathman

Was extraction easy?

I mean that the primer started flattening. It was not fully flattened, but was started changing shape. If a little flattening is ok, please explain. How much is ok?? Extraction was ok.
Now that you're using 4831[H or IMR?], may as well try some 150gr bullets. I've found these to be more reliable on game than 130's, as they seem to anchor them.
I know alot of shooters like the 130's, this is just my thoughts.
By the way, if you go 150, try 56.0-57.0 grains H-4831.
I,m thinking it will end right there. Good luck.
I happen to do a OCW test using my 270 win using 130gr sierra SPBT seated .025" off the lands,and H4350. I may try 55.8 thru 56.2 grs and see what happens. I did not encounter signs of pressure. This may help you out.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire