Home
I am looking for a good recoil pad for my 700 mountian rifle. Can anyone give me some good advice as to where to look and what will fit?
Pachmayr Decelerator, Sims Limbsaver, Kick-eez, I personally prefer the Decelerator, but they are all good pads.
Might be worth looking at the Remington website if you have any interest in a SuperCell. Prices are reasonable.
The SuperCell is a very nice pad. I'd try to go that way myself.

If looking to save weight, I'd make one out of foam.
i know first hand why you are lookign for a recoil pad for a moutnain rifle my 280 will definatly let you know you are shooting it let me know if you find one that works good thanks ROn
Originally Posted by fishdog52
Might be worth looking at the Remington website if you have any interest in a SuperCell. Prices are reasonable.

They work great and they fit.
Remington just replaced the Limb Saver that was on My CDL with Thier Super Cell Pad. So far the Super Cell seems very nice.
Make sure you can remove the old one. I've had a couple that were glued on by the factory. If so, just have a gunsmith do the whole job. A Pach. Decellerator is what I would choose in this case. If it can be screwed off, then a Supercell is your better/cheaper/lighter option.

RH
Originally Posted by himmelrr
Make sure you can remove the old one. I've had a couple that were glued on by the factory. If so, just have a gunsmith do the whole job. A Pach. Decellerator is what I would choose in this case. If it can be screwed off, then a Supercell is your better/cheaper/lighter option.

RH

Are those pads ground to fit, or is sanding required?
Mountain rifle stocks have the same butt dimensions.

TIA,

Don
Here's one option for $19.95 (plus appropriate taxes and shipping???):

http://www.basspro.com/Remington-SuperCell-Recoil-Pads/product/101885/-1491253
Any pad from Remington is the best...... in the WORLD!!!!
© 24hourcampfire