Home
I consider it a great choice for up to 400 yd big game - w/good 225 loads, but know alot of guys tote these in AK and other areas as their primary rifle.

Like to hear about your rifle and the success you have had w/them. Whelen fans chime in too since you are twins ballistically.

Thanks.
Very deadly on whitetails, shot three over the past two years. Very effective w/o being what I consider "overkill". A fun gun to shoot (Ruger 77) ammo is a bit pricey ($47.99 for Remington Core-Lokt) haven't tried it on bears yet, but that's coming soon! Very accurate set-up right out of the box, closest deer was 60 yards, furthest was ranged at 189 yards, all one shot kills, devastating to the internals, no wasted meat (unless you eat venison ribs.)My personal favorite cartridge. ......and very heavy on the "cool factor"!
I use mine for whitetails and hogs. All DRT's.

I dunno, 400 yards is pushing it for me on deer. I am way more comfortable out to 300 yards max. With a 3" high sight-in at 100, I am dropping about 10" at 300 using 225 grain loads at less than 2700 fps. I have not shot past 220 yet, but when/if I go 300, I will prolly hold my horizontal wire across the back on a deer.

My load is 225 grain Woodleighs and R15 out of a 20" barrel.
My youngest (11 at the time) shot his first whitetail (a dink doe)with a factory 200 gr. Silvertip out of a 7 CDL several years ago. At 30-odd yards offhand snapshot on the ground. Bang flop doesn't do it justice.

Got a pic somewhere in the computer. Shoulda kept that rifle!
bear and gun pic in the knife section under bear hunt
Never found it, searched...
sorry it was on rimfire central, my bad. frown
A friend of mine bought a Remington 600-- .350 mag. back in the middle 60's for less than $100. According to him it's the best whitetail killer going bar none. It has accounted for over a 100 sets of antlers on the wall. Web
Domit, I had that site saved/found your thread, congrats. Never seen a 600 350 in a syn stock. Had that rifle, regretfully sold it in mint condition before hunting it....money talked...but...

Thanks.

Seems a few guys over time have used M70 WSM actions also, anyone else?
Here's mine on a M-70 WSM action....

SS M-70 WSM.
20" SS Match Lilja #3 1-12" twist.
McMillan "Swirly" Compact pattern.
NECG Masterpiece irons (work very well with the compact pattern, btw).
2.5x20 Lupy Ultralight (temporary).
Talley LW's(temporary).
[Linked Image]

I've taken three deer with this rifle since building a few years ago and the performance of a 200gr TSX @2850fps has been very impressive! One shoulder shot, one neck, and one rib shot have resulted in two DRT's and one very heavy 30yd blood trail.

Edited to say, Ooops, forgot about one doe I shot with an Accubond and irons right after receiving the rifle back from the smith. Shoulder shot, short blood trail (10yds), but too much meat damage, no bullet recovered. I Much prefer the TSX!!

The recovered bullet was from the shoulder shot deer and was recovered approx. 12" deep into the hillside the deer was standing on! Expanded bullet measures about .780"....That's about 3/4" for those keeping score..grin!
[Linked Image]

X-VERMINATOR

ahhhh!! that is the blueprint i had in mind also... nice rig..

woofer
well 6.5 i have had it for long time and got the syn. soon after getting it. allways on target never moved sence sighting it in. that bear, a few w-tail and a couple muledeer. by the way try shooting 158gr. pistol bullets with reduced load, great wabbit and fox getter.
THAT is what I am talking about! Yes, a 20" compact SS looker, that gets the job done. Very Nice.

Domit, Ole Al Miller, Guns and Ammo and/or Shooting Times writer in the 70s I believe, praised the 'Fire Plug' I think as he called it, for being FAR more versatile than most recognize and give credit, 125/158s at 3000+ on vaporizing crows and varmints/yotes, up to 250 and I think 275 Tungsten Core GS for game like Cape Buffalo that it was tried on when released. Grizzlies, etc. no match either. A real 'do it all' rifle that had much more reach than many understood.

Xverminator, that is ONE rifle I could spend ALOT of time big game hunting, outstanding package! Considering your eyesight was fine out the box for irons, I'd say the 2.5x is not holding you back to bad in the interim! PM me first if you sell that down the road. Maybe something I could take to visit my cousin in Alaska....btw, what trigger? Thanks much for sharing/showing!
"Fireplug" I believe was Jeff Coopers original .350/600 Scout Rifle that he took to Africa and shot Cape Buffalo with... He was not overly pleased with the results so he built a BIGGER gun in .460 G&A whose name escapes me at this moment.... ('Baby' maybe)

I have had/have five .350s....
1) 700 Classic with 1.5-5 Leupold for short range and a 3.5-10 Shepherd for long range. (sold)

2) 600 with 1.5-5 Leupold

3) Ruger 77MKII cut down to 18.25" with NECG open sights and 1.5-6 Tasco Titan

4) 660 barreled action which was to be bedded into a 600 Magnum stock I bought on eBay. Firearms44 finished the project and still has the gun.

5) Model Seven KS w/1.75-8 Leupold in QD rings.

The MKII when it wore a 1.5-5 Leupold and the 600...

[Linked Image]

Short story...was sitting in a creek bottom opening day in Pa. in 2006 when shooting on the other side of the creek started. A large doe escaped fire on the other side and ran right out of the bottom in front of me.
She was quartering toward me at about 25 yards and as I pulled the trigger she stopped dead causing me to swing by her. As I bolted in the second round she saw me and ran to my right...I swung with her again and this time rolled her like she had been hit by a truck at about 30 yards... She continued to thrash as I walked to her and as I was about to shoot her in the neck when she looked at me and the lights went out... Bullet was a 220 Speer FP with 60 grains of Win. 748. 2530 fps from the 18.5" barrel and 2660 from a 22".
She was angling across and the bullet hit her just under the backstraps about 1/2 way between the hips and the bottom of the ribs. Pealed a piece of skin/hair off about an inch wide and 6" long... Inside there was no blood... Butchered the deer out and found that the bullet never made it inside...no holes in anything... Deer died from blunt trauma shock to the spine... Total meat loss was some bruising to the right backstrap...that is it. I think that is why the deer was breakdancing for almost a minute before I got over to her.

Friend shot my 600 loved it and bought one of the Remington Retro 673s when they came out. He is a big black bear hunter. Ended up using the same Speed 220 on his first hunt with the rifle because the 225 Nosler Petitions we loaded up had some neck tension issues (since solved with a Lee Factory Crimp Die).

First bear shot with the 673 was a 285# boar...dropped on the spot. Bullet passed through the shoulder, lung through the heart and was found fully expanded on the far side of the chest under the skin....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Second bear was small..125# I think...dropped right there...

Third bear I was on the hunt with him and heard my friend shoot...#175 sow...put the bear on the ground but it was still alive so he shot her a second time just to stop the suffering...

[Linked Image]

He is so happy with the bullet he figures why pay $0.75 cents for a Nolser when a $0.25 Speer does the job...

Bob

Yep 2.5x is just fine for a rig like this, however this scope has a heavy duplex and combined with the rather small eyepiece of the Ultralight, severely limits it's "use-ability", IMO. This scope is intended for a 35 Rem lever gun......at which it will eventually excel!

Let's not forget that the .350 is very capable of taking BG at 400yds. For this .350 I intend to use a Lupy 1.5x5x20 illuminated reticle (30mm tube) and QD talleys to get the most from the cartridge and iron sight package.

As for the trigger, it currently has a worked over OEM but a Rifle Basics is what I have in mind..........The rifle is still a work in progress but has performed well none the less!!

X-VERMINATOR
AS RJM had mentioned, the Rem 660 barreled action was NIB with hang tag. He also had a 600 laminated stock which I also purchased from him. I have a Leupold M8 4X Matte to install on this rifle.
[Linked Image]
Rem Model 7 CDL mounted in a new synthetic take off Camo stock from a member here.
[Linked Image]
Next is a Rem KS mounted in a Model 7 synthetic stock. The original Camo glass stock was junk. Some day it will be in a Bansner.
[Linked Image]

Thanks to a campfire member I have another Rem KS headed my way from a sale on Gunsamerica. I've not got blood yet with the 350 mag because I'm too busy hunting my 5 other rifles in 358 Win. It's safe too say that I like the 35 caliber.

Ken

Great posts guys, if I ever grow weary of ballistic gack, I may just end up hunting more w/35s wink

No fuss, recoil tolerable to me, much more than a 7 Mag or larger, and less 'hi vel' meat loss, yet potent, and good short or zero blood trails. I was reluctant selling my buddy my Ruger 350 but afterall, he was the landowner where I hunted, so I felt sorta 'compelled'..
[Linked Image]

Here's my 350 Rem Mag. It started life as a Pre64 M70 Featherweight in 358 Win. And someone decided to re-chamber it to 350 Rem Mag but to do this he put some work in it. HE obviously opened up the bolt face to accept the larger case but he also put in a '06 length magazine so you can load bullets out longer than in a short action. He had the sights removed and Mag Na Ported the barrel.

On the stock he selected a nice grade of wood and had a Nieder style checkered steel butt plate fitted to it. The real odd thing was that it had a full width benchrest style forend on it. Who would want to use a lightweight 350 as a bench gun? WHen I bought it I decided the forearm had to go so I ent it off to have the forearm trimmed down nice and all the checkering front and rear re-cut.

I only shot one deer with it using a handloaded 225gr Ballistic Tip and it flattened it real good!

The problem is that I just have to many guns so this one is for sale if anyone is interested. I also have brass and dies for it.
[Linked Image]

Here's the forearm after I had it re-contoured.

"The problem is that I just have to many guns so this one is for sale if anyone is interested. I also have brass and dies for it."

..hey Ken...U out there... Ken has never seen a .350 he didn't like.... grin

Very beautiful rifle...how long is the barrel?

Bob
RJM, 22" the guy removed the front sight and had it Mag Na Ported but left the length alone.
Nice M70 there.
Don't know about everyone else here but recoil with these small light rifles start to get to me at a certain point...

When I first bought the M700 Classic with its 22" barrel 62 grains of Winchester 748 would run a 225 Nosler at 2750 fps...it was not pleasant... Backed down to 60 grains running 2660 fps and it was very accurate and shootable. I should not have been complaining as my all-around hunting rifle for about 7 years before that was a Ruger #1 .375 H&H... Was shooting 270 grain bullets at 2680 fps but the extra weight made shooting ok...

To me the M600 or the M7 KS is just what should be wrapped around a .350 ShortMag. Small, light, well balanced, quick to the shoulder, short bolt throw... If I wanted more power I'd go to the .358 Norma Magnum in a full size rifle with 24" barrel...

I've posted this link before and the guy has posted here on the CF in the past...lots of great information from a true .35 lover..

http://35cal.com/35bullet_study/35bullet_study1.html

Bob
For me, a 338 Win Mag or 7 RM even from round #1 is not pleasant.

For my 350 77MKII, it was about my limit, blast not piercing/more of a boom, could have used a soft recoil pad on the back end. Not sure what a lighter gun would feel like, I am sure more on the receiving end.

None the less, I could sight, shoot a few groups, w/o any problems, and I am recoil 'averse.'
Over the years I�ve owned and hunted with several rifles chambered .350 Remington Magnum.

Included in that mix was a Remington Model 7 MS from the Remington Custom Shop � a superb rifle that was a real hammer for short-range deer and dark-timber elk.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But my favorite .350 was and still is an original Remington Model 600 Magnum. A bit weird and wacky in a mid-1960s sort of way, but a great rifle to carry and shoot. For jump shooting elk in the dark timber, it�s the bee�s knees.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here's one you dont see very often. Its a 1969 built model 700BDL .350 RM. It has a factory 24" barrel and is one of only 1500 built between 1969-1973. I changed the original stock (still have it) to a more appealing 1970's model 700 stock.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Man all this talk about the 350RM is making me want one bad. Largest caliber i have is .30 so i need something that will stomp a mudhole in a deer or elk!
dingo...that's a beauty!

I had a .350 Custom KS McMillan version that I hunted with for 5 seasons. Shown with Kahles AH2-7x36 and Warne 2 pc mount. With this gun I experienced something that I never have before. Usually this gun will just bowl a deer over like a Mike Tyson K.O. punch,but one time I shot a buck in the neck broadside at 60 yards with it, the buck was dead on it's feet and it fell TOWARDS ME very gently, not the usual drive 'em into the dirt scenario. I used the 200 gr factory load, and it expanded perfectly. No longer have the gun, had a 358 Win built and put them up against each other and sold the 350 Mag. I am a big fan of all things 35. Have taken game with the 35 whelen,.350 Rem Mag, 358 Win, 35 Rem, and .357 Mag. They all work well.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice guns guys, my experience in 35s like in a Marlin 357, spitting 158 JSP at 2050 atop Lil Gun, worked just fine on a doe about 70 yds, DRT.

Hope you guys get out and put something on the ground w/them this season - good hunting.
You guys are killin' me especially the Northeast Contingency. Makes want to run out and buy a 358 win or 350 RM grin

All kiddin aside, I had the pleasure to shoot with RJM last year and know he is a big 35 cal fan along with his friend Ken(Firearm44). My biggest concern is recoil. I've some shoulder problems over the last few yrs and it does bother me more than when I was younger. I have a 338-06 and like 65BR can shot a few rounds and a couple of groups but then it is unpleasant. That is my fear with the 350RM. Funny think is though, I ran some numbers in the recoil caculator and found the 358 win recoils a couple of pds less then my 338-06, so maybe, just maybe. For right now I'm am on the hunt for a 35 rem Marlin levergun. Love the Marlins and gets me to 35 cal w/o taken a beating.

The thing is up here in the NE, those 2 cartridges, 358 win and 350 RM can take care of about 95% of your huntin'

Good luck to all this season, I have 12 more days until CT opens and the anticipation is killin' me eek
Originally Posted by Timberline
Over the years I’ve owned and hunted with several rifles chambered .350 Remington Magnum.

Included in that mix was a Remington Model 7 MS from the Remington Custom Shop – a superb rifle that was a real hammer for short-range deer and dark-timber elk.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But my favorite .350 was and still is an original Remington Model 600 Magnum. A bit weird and wacky in a mid-1960s sort of way, but a great rifle to carry and shoot. For jump shooting elk in the dark timber, it’s the bee’s knees.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good to see you posting Timberline. I always enjoy your posts.
Chip...come shoot one of the .358s some time... Ken has one with a fairly heavy barrel that doesn't kick much at all...

Remember you can always load down a .358...you can't load up a .35 Remington... That being said the Marlin .35 Rem. is a nice rifle... I also know where a M600/.35 Rem is...if you are interested of course...

Bob

I've owned a few different .350's thru the years but the best shooting one I've ever had is the one below. It's just a 673, trigger smoothed up a bit and the rib removed so the barrel de-stressed. For some reason it loves Rem factory ammo and will throw them into .75 or less all day at 100 yds. My range at home has a 340 yard max distance and at that groups with 225 gr Partitions average around 2.1". She isn't just for short range work. I also have a bedded synthetic MDL 7 stock for it that it slips into with no visible point of impact change. If you really wanna make a deer leak...wind up a 200 gr TSX to 2900 with some TAC. pretty wicked medicine.....

[Linked Image]
65BR,

Here are a few more pictures of 35's. The KS in the middle is the one I just purchased on Gunsamerica for $800.00. Looks to un-fired. Missing part of the rear sight but no biggy.
[Linked Image]
TOP: 660 mounted in 600 laminated stock
Middle: New to me KS
Bottom: Another KS
These 3 are 350 mags.

358 Win
[Linked Image]
TOP: Model 7 stainless 20" Douglas barrel
Middle: New Grice Browning A-Bolt "Sweet Rig"
Bottom: 700 SA E R Shaw 20" #3 contour. Call it my "LTR"
[Linked Image]
Top: T/C Encore 24" Nice shooter also
Bottom: Custom 600 Tack Driver. RJM put 3 bullets in the same hole. Factory 200gr SilverTips.

Chip, Any time we can get together with Bob for a shooting day so you can try the 358's. grin

Ken
Thanks Ken we will have too after deer season. Beautiful wood on that 600
I don't have the 660 magnum I'm going to buy fom a neighbor yet. It's going to a Remington repair center for the trigger recall. The gent that owns it doesn't want to sell it as is because it snaps off when you close the bolt. I have a start on it thanks to RJM. I now have a very nice trigger guard. The rifle has a 1.5 x 4.5 Weaver with a plain crosshair reticle mounted with a one piece base and Redfield type ring set up (windage adjustable rear ring). I figure Dednuts rings or Leupold dual dovetail base and Burris Zee rings. I can't decide what scope to mount but I'm leaning toward a fixed 4x with a bold reticle. I'll wait and see how the trigger is but I'm thinking a Timney trigger with the safety lever you depress to unlock the bolt.

Question: do you guys crimp your bullets?
Load #6 of 7 on a 58" moose bull. KS with sights removed, 250 hornady sp, 2.5x ultralight, talley lightweights. I plan to switch to deadnutz as they're a touch lower and will help my cheek weld. Also will run fixed 4x in the future.

Description: Sixth load of seven,
Attached picture Six Resized.jpg
Dave...yes, I crimp the bullets in place. Sent a dummy round with a Nosler 225 Petition set to 2.790" to Lee Precision and for $29.00 got back a custom made Factory Crimp Die...does a great job of securing bullets in place without collapsing the shoulder as often happens if you try and crimp other than in the crimping groove..

Shot the Model 7 KS today with some 220 Speer flat points. Firearms44 was also there with three of his .350s...

At 200 yards it put three rounds in 2.25".

Anyone ever weigh their .350?? I did tonight and got the following. Each gun was loaded with three rounds of 225 grain Nolsler Petitions and had a Uncle Mike's Mountain sling...just the way it would be hunted with. Weights were taken with a very accurate Normark electronic fish scale.

1) Remington Model 7 KS. 20" barrel that is .605" at the muzzle and .620 at the 18.5" mark. Aluminum Weaver one piece base with Burris low QD rings. Scope is a 1.75-6 Leupold. Total weight 7# 7 oz.

2) Remington 600 18.5" barrel that is .625 at the end of the barrel. Weaver aluminum base with low Leupold QD rings with a 1.5-5 Leupold scope. Total weight is 8# 5 oz.

3) Ruger 77MKII stainless/synthetic with a 18.25" barrel that is .660 at the muzzle. Warne steel 30mm QD rings holding a Tasco Titan 1.5-6 scope. Total weight 10# even.

Bob
You guys have some very nice guns.
I have been looking into getting a Remmy 7 CDL in .350
Don't have any pictures of the gun. I'd built a 350 rigby mag on a 98 mauser, but after toting it around Montague Island for a week on a deer hunt, it needed to go on a diet. So put a hint in with my better half, and on my birthday got a Ruger M77 mkII ss 350 rem mag. Put the 2.5x leupold compact on it that had been on the mauser, and headed to the range.

Dies and components hadn't arrived, so I picked up a box of factory 200 gr ammo. First range session was not good, 3-4" 3 shot groups, but I had 10 fireformed cases for handloads.

Next session was the first handloads through the rifle. I figured that 35 whelen data was a good starting point, and tried a 225 sierra over 57, 58 and 59 gr of Varget. Much more pleasing results at the range.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately work and family obligations have kept me spilling blood with the rifle, one of these days.
I have and like the Rem 660. I am working with two 325WSM's a Browning A-Bolt and a Winchester 70 EW. The old 350 shoots groups half as big with the same weight bullets at virtually the same speed. Not as flat but I think I'll soon sell my 325's. The 350 will be with me till death or senility.

I have killed several truckloads of caribou with mine. With 225 Nosler Partitions it is quite a hammer and certainly 300 yard capable.

[Linked Image]
i saw my first model 600 magnum when i was about 13 in 1974. i was hunting in the mountains of PA and came upon a guy set up on a slab pile overlooking a big gully. he had a model 600 mag, laminated stock, vent rib, dogleg bolt, shark fin front site and a bipod. he was a pretty slick looking guy. i can still picture him with his nice hunting clothes and trimmed, natty little beard. looked like he must have had some money. pretty out of place for those woods. anyway i was a gun nut even in those days and we got to talking and he told me all about it. let me see the shells which looked like little artillery rounds. really nice guy. anyway i wandered off and swung by his way a few hours later and he had a big doe laying there with a fist sized hole in it. i wanted a 600 mag 350 for decades but never saw another until the internet came along and i saw one available locally. i went to the little army navy gun shop and the guy actually had it on consignment. he brings it out of the back and it was crusty and dusty and literally full of cob webs. but the wood looked really good and it was $650 so i grabbed it. i took it home and broke out the hoppes and lo and behold it cleaned up to about a 99% gun. put a bushnell elite 3000 2-7 on it and it shoots one holers all day with 200 grain corelokts. took it out hunting and the picture below tells the story. i love it and it would be one of the last guns i ever sell.

[Linked Image]

I have a Ruger Flatbolt M77RS in .350RemMag I bought new in 1972. It's been my 'go to' rifle for all these many years. I've killed Brown bear, Black bear, elk, caribou, red deer, whitetails, muleys, and water buffalo with it. 200gr factory loads for the small stuff and 250s for the larger stuff. Always worked.
Vek-

As High Speed of a guy as you are with all of your backpacking stuff and o
unce counting....you are the last guy I would have thunk to run a '70s .350 Remington Magnum.

Obviously works though

I sooo wish I wasn't a lefty. I would really like to love the 350 Remington. There is a Remington 700 BDL locally in 350 Rem. Almost think of buying it.

But I think I am going to have to settle for a 338 RCM in the Ruger Compact Magnum. Should be close enough to the same package, but still not a 350. Could rebore and chamber I think with the short action and magnum bolt face. We'll see.

Dig the thread though
I managed to set aside some scratch this year to build one myself. I have an ss/700 rem 300 saum that I am going to build it on. Thinking 22" Lilja # 3 fluted , web out the handle and flute the bolt and put it in a Bansner stock . Then have it coated in a titanium grey with a little black in it. Jewell trigger and a 2.5x8 lupy in talley QD rings.I'd like to shoot the 200 gr TSX out of it . What do you guys think a 12 or 14 twist or will either really make a difference?
1-14 will stabalize up to 250 gr, you really only need a 1-12 if you want to shoot the 310 woodleighs.

That said, my ruger has a 1-12, and I don't see anything wrong with that twist rate.
Ok thats cool. I don't think I'll be going the Woodliegh route, I have a 375 H&H so if I need more I'll just take that. I was thinking the extra length would help me stabilize a tad more as well as help me in the speed department . Do you think with the 200's I'll get close to 2800 fps? The only data I have is for the the 180's and 225's in the nosler book.
I've never chronoed my loads, but you should be able to get 2700 w/ 225's, and 200's should easily exceed 2800 fps.

First off let me say hello for my first post here.

My 350 is a model 673 that I bought as soon as they first came out in 2003. I have never regretted buying it. It has accounted for 8 buck deer, and my first ever woodland caribou, (Newfoundland) with a laser ranged 303yd shot. This rifle will pretty much make very tiny groups with almost any bullet from 200-250grs in the powders I have tested so far.(IMR's 3031,4320,4064,&4350 RL's 7&15 and Hodgdons BLC-2.) The only problem bullet I experienced was the 225 Accubond as the ogive was too tapered to seat correctly.(Luckily my Whelen shootin friend swapped bullets with me, so these were not a total loss.

Great, great cartridge.
johnny
Can the 225 gr Accubond be used in the 350 or is it too long?
Maybe as a single shot...your chamber would determine that.I just remember that to fit in the mag, the accubond would make contact with the bottom of the neck case, but not at the top due to the ogive.
johnny
darn anyone want to buy a box?

My 350 is pictured under "Recent lefties you've built (paraphrase mine)" which is in the Hunting Rifles forum. It's a Kilimanjaro Serengeti which is built on a Montana medium action; this means I can load to COAL of ~ 3.10". Thusly loaded I can reach 2600 fps with the Hornady 250-gr IL while yawning. Soon, Lord-willing, it will lay a buffalo heifer to rest.

I did not have this rifle built but rather came upon it in trade. I put a S&B 4x on it and it seems a good fit.
My friend Sam in Ca. has one of those ugly-ass Rem 660 in 350 RM and he LOVES that damned thing! Kicks like a mule, but it is one accurate rifle. How come Rem did that ass-backwards thing with the bolt handle?
Originally Posted by rifletom

How come Rem did that ass-backwards thing with the bolt handle?

It is my understanding that the bolt handle is shaped that way to get the bolt more in line with the trigger..........I may be wrong but that is what I was told!
Originally Posted by Fotis
Can the 225 gr Accubond be used in the 350 or is it too long?

I use 225 gr Barnes TSX'ers in my Rem 673. Would expect the 225 gr Accubond is shorter and would work even better.

Just placed the finishing touches on my rather new 350 so I decided to revive this thread. Ruger 77 with Rhino Cam McMillan, Smith's grey cerakote, Zeiss Conquest 2.5x8. Likes 200 TTSX over 63 grains of TAC.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs

It is my understanding that the bolt handle is shaped that way to get the bolt more in line with the trigger..........I may be wrong but that is what I was told!

the action of the M600 is slid to the rear a little bit and the controls (trigger and bolt handle) are modified (foreward) to stay in the same place. i assume this was to shorten overall length of the rifle.
been shooting the .350 in a few rifles for years...started with a 660 around 20 years ago, later went to a 700 Classic, but wasnt long before i missed the compact size & handling of the 660.

about 10 years ago i picked up a Model 7KS in .350mag, since them has been one of my most used deer guns.

[Linked Image]

Made some changes to mine since I originally posted on this thread. Changes include Tungsten Cerekote, QD Talley's, and a Leupold VX3 1.5x5x20....Rings and bases are off getting coated as we speak. It's pretty close to perfection, IMO!

Pictured with a couple victims of the 2850fps 200gr TSX load. TAC and TTSX's @2950 will be the load this year................

[Linked Image]

X-VERMINATOR
[Linked Image]
Like them so much I had to have 2!!
Being the rifle looney that I am, I'm always on the lookout for something I can't live without. I may not know that I can't live without it till I spy it.
Found this a while back. It had been previously enjoyed in a conscientious manner. The previous owner was nice enough to glass bed the action, free float the barrel, install a Sako extractor in the bolt and do a trigger job.

[Linked Image]

I luv pokin' porkers. Here's one I took one evening just before dark with the 350 Rem Mag guide gun.

[Linked Image]

Hit him at the point of the shoulder with a 225 gr. Sierra spitzer. He just folded.

Not up to my usual standard on the photo, but I put my good camera in the shop for cleaning and left my point and shoot in Pearland. All I had was my cell phone. It does not seem to couple to well in the gloaming.

Best

GWB
Excellent round
I'm about to have a 7mm 08 rebarreled to 350rem mag.i have always wanted one.22 inch barrel.
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs

It also helps keep the knob of the bolt from whacking your trigger finger when the rifle recoils. Even my 700’s in 350 RM and 35 Whelen do that on occasion.
I love my 35’s. I have had a 600 350 Rem Mag since the 60’s. I mainly shoot 250 grain bullets Hornady, Partition, &Speer. I put an after market barrel and a Kevlar stock on that 600, the metal is cera-coated. I re-worked the trigger with 40x trigger parts. I have a low powered scope on that 600.
I’ve recently added a 35 Whelen, I bought it as a Brown Whelen. The action is a pre-64 Mod 70. It would not feed the Brown Whelen cartridges, so I had the barrel set back and re-chambered to a stock Whelen.
I bought a 350 Rem Mag 700 Classic that looks like new - I’m afraid I have not taken it hunting.
I’ve been using 225 grain bullets in the Whelen and it shoots them fine.
My brother bought a 35 Whelen 700 when they came out. I have no idea how many game animals have fallen between my brother’s 700 and my 600.
My brother had a lot of deer rifles, but he shot more deer with that 35 than all others combined. I believe the only rifle he used on elk was that 35. I think he had a 4x scope on his 35. He shot a deer at 450 yards with that 35.
My brother-in-law traded me a varmint 22-250 for my 350 600 for a short while. He had a 700 bolt handle put on it. When I got it back that bolt handle had to go!!!!
Talk about pain that bolt handle was not kind!
Had a 700 Classic in 350 Mag. Couldn’t get it to shoot well with anything I tried so it went down the road. A few days later I walked into a shop and there was a 700 Classic in 35 Whelen on the rack. That one shot
I have a 700 BDL in 350 Rem Mag I bought back in 2011 because the price was so good and the condition looked unused. Getting cases for it was a problem, but finally solved. I used it with a VariX III 1.5-5x20 and the 200 gr. Hornady SP for a few years for black bear, but changed the scope to an IOR 4x32 and the bullet to the Sierra 225. The more I use it the more I like it.
One of my Dads friends hunted with one a Rem 600 I think. It was the one with a vent rib barrel and laminated stock. He had a K6 weaver on it. I kind of wanted one. First one I had a chance to buy was at a gun store that was selling out. They had a 350 and a 35 Whelen in 700 classics. I went Whelen because they had ammo for it.
Wish I had a 35 whelan. I've got everything like 338win, 338RCM, 348 win and 348 Ackley, and 375 ruger which is around it and they all kinda do the same thing but I love the low cost and availability of the Whelans parent case. It does its job with the most common components and that's the real beauty.
My 660 in a McMillan, Timney trigger, topped with a Leupold 2.5-8 and cerakoted cobalt. Really easy to carry rifle. Only accounted for one small 6pt. whitetail so far.

I recently added a Ruger MKII and a Remington KS both in 350 to the safe but haven't had time to shoot either of them too much. Hopefully this year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'm jealous of those short/handy 35's. Makes me wish I wasn't a lefty and was able to find more common rifles.
A buddy and I always figured a 350 RM would make a great timber/thick country elk round in a Remington mod 7. The only rifles Remington made at the time in that caliber were custom shop guns, so we didn't get one, but have now settled on the .358 Win for the same purpose in a Mod 88 and pre 64 Mod 70 being rebarreled now.
© 24hourcampfire