Home
ever seen one of these?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I hadn't until I ran into this one at a local pawn shop. For the price I paid I couldn't pass it up.
Yeah, I see em around now & then.

A local shop has had one like this kicking around for a year or 2 now in 300 WM
I saw one at Cabela's in Rogers, MN about 3 weeks ago. I believe that was a .300WM too.
I seem to remember those being early to mid 90's rifles, referred to as a M70 DBM.
This one is a .270 XTR. It feeds great, even upside down. grin I like the push feeds and pick them up when I find a great deal on one.

I figure it would hard to find a good aftermarket stock for it.
Yep, they were made 93-94.
A Model 70 push feed action is underrated and unjustly slandered.

JW
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

JW
What he said.. In spades..
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

JW
What he said.. In spades..

I have to agree. Would I get flamed if I suggested they are superior to a certain piece of threaded thin-wall tubing that gets too much hype? shocked
I like my push feeds and they are very accurate.
Personally I've never seen a need for CRF, expect for hunting dangerous game. There were other 'cost saving' measures which were none too popular at the time (or long afterwards for that matter wink ), however, improvements, such as better handling of a case rupture, in the post '63 didn't seem to get much 'press'.
That's funny ...... A fellow was asking me last night about a M70 DM as he wants to make up a 358Norma. I didn't think there was such a thing, till now.

Been messing around with rifles for 40+ years now and have owned CFR rifles but mostly push feed. In all that time I have only seen one failure to extract and that was with a fellows 98 mauser when the claw jumped the rim, go figure.
Originally Posted by OldRooster
Would I get flamed if I suggested they are superior to a certain piece of threaded thin-wall tubing that gets too much hype? shocked
HAH.. Not from ME!! laugh laugh
My 1967 Win mod 70 in 7rm is wonderfully accurate and smooth as silk. I will never sell it, although it sits in the safe more now days.
My old Win M70 in 30-06 (1968 I believe) is my most used rifle.

Completely dependable, action is smooth as can be, and easily shoots less than MOA groups when I do my part (even with factory ammunition)..

It's wearing a synthetic stock with floated barrel, had the trigger adjusted, and is a keeper that will never be sold.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire