Home
Looking at both of these rifles, just not sure which way I would go. Weatherby had a 24 inch barrel with a one in twelve twist. Ruger a 22 inch barrel with a one in ten twist. If I remember right Vanguards use standard Remington base and rings. Stock on either rifle would have to go and be replaced with a McMillian. Caliber would be 308 win.
I'd go Ruger partly because you don't need much more than a 20" barrel in 308. If you were considering a magnum round It would be more of a toss up. Of course since you are replacing the stock anyway you can probably get the Weatherby a lot cheaper. I have both rifles, you can't really go wrong with either.
Ruger 77 all the way...
i'd buy the cheaper one...
I'd go with the Ruger if cost isn't a factor.
I'd just take up golf.
you'd just take it up the azz!
I have a Hawkeye in 270W as well three Howa 1500 (who make the vanguard). Both makes are excellent, especially in the stainless synthetic versions. The new matte stainless finish on the hawkeye is nice too as is the stock.

I just bought a used parker hale in 7x57 and a mate told me to sell the ruger. No way - too nice a gun to send down the road.

Your call as to which one to go for - both will offer sterling service.

CK
i'd get the ruger.
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz

That was mean...

I liked it.....

A LOT...... grin
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz

+1 Agree. He needs it there!

Flip a coin on the rifles!
Now now people, Swampy don't take it up the ass, it would be to crowded since his head has permanent residence there!
© 24hourcampfire