Home
Jeff of MRC sales sent me a PDF of their retail price sheet which I have been trying to post but not sure how. Cut and paste just gets an unreadable list. Anyhow, here is a summation.

MSRP is listed so street price is anybody's guess.

American Standard Series - wood stocked
Chrome moly rifles are MSRP of $999
Stainless steel rifles are MSRP of $1049
All calibers available in both steels AND in both right and left hand. I.e., CM LH, CM RH, SS LH, SS RH.
.243 Win
.257 Roberts
260 Rem
7-08
.308 Win
.338 Fed
270 WSM
7mm WSM
300 WSM
325 WSM
25-06
.30-06
.264 Win Mag
7mm RM
300 Win Mab
.338 Win Mag

Extreme Weather series (don't know what stock will be on it but assume a synthetic.)
Stainless is MSRP of $1099
The other one (it doesn't really state what finish) is MSRP of $1049
Same list of all calibers as above except for now this is NOT available in Left hand

Dangerous Game Rifle-PH (no details on what this really entails but from the calibers and price one assumes this is a BIG action with some serious upgrades)
Chrome/moly MSRP $2399
Stainless MSRP $2499
Right Hand only
Calibers in both finishes:
338 Lapua
378 Weatherby
.416 Rigby
460 Weatherby
.505 Gibbs

(that .505 Gibbs should make the dink shooters real happy wink )
PS - As someone noted on my thread on the left hand rifles, not sure if the demand on these will be enough to really get some stocking dealers, especially the left handed models. But even if they only make a few, the internet is your friend in finding one. Hopefully places like Bud's or another large internet dealer will have a decent selection.

Having watched MRC grow from a gleam in someone's eye a dozen years ago to producing full production rifles today, I sincerely wish them all the luck in the world in this endeavor.

More choices are good.
Are there any pics of these rifles anywhere? I looked on thier website and they are either not there or I am not smart enough to find them.

Dink
I was wondering the same thing Dink. Also, I had heard some negative remarks about their actions due to the finish a couple years ago, has this been fixed?

ddj
Jim,they producing any Buffler rifles like Sharps replicas ?? ....never mind went and pulled up their catalog

Thanks for that Jim.
These aren't shown on their web site yet. I have been corresponding with them via email, just clicked on the "contact us" link.

I'm really interested in finding out more myself. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Jim, does the PDF give barrel lengths and rifle weight?

PM sent.
The original idea for the 1999 action was to provide a basic, unfinished CRF action using the best ideas from the Mauser and Model 70 �to the trade�. IOW, a basic action which would have to be finished by a gunsmith.

They said over and over, �these are basic actions and need to be polished.� Then people bitched about how they weren�t all polished out of the box!

I�ve heard good and bad things about them, but then I�ve heard good and bad things about Remington, Winchester, Ford and Chevy.

But they must be doing something okay, since they have stayed in business and gradually grown their offerings over time. I have no experience with them so can offer no personal comment, but again, I wish the best of fortune to any new gun maker and especially to one who offers us southpaws such a wealth of choices.
No Sharps replicas, but I suppose a fellow could shoot a buffler with a .505 Gibbs and have a good chance it would fall over. wink
No specs, I'm dying to found out myself - weight, length, that kind of thing. From what I've heard and seen of MRC offerings these are not flyweight rifles, but (pure WAG here) I would expect them to be right on the order of a Model 70 Sporter.

The action is similar enough to a Model 70 that AFAIK any McMillan stock made for the M70 will fit an MRC action as well. So an Edge can be built for anything they make.

You can email them at [email protected]

It takes a day or so for them to reply, I'm guessing they are kind of busy right now, but they have replied to all my questions.
I'm really looking forward to this.

The good people of Montana have always been kind to me and my family on our numerous visits. I'd be happy to repay them by continuing to do business with companies operating in that state.
Left hand Stainless? I'm in.............
I swore off the WSM's but may have to give the 7 WSM another try in a LH SS CRF.

Maybe my dislike for the WSM's had more to do with the platforms, a Savage in 7 WSM and a Tikka T3 in .270 WSM, rather than the cartridges themselves.
one of the only two LH rifles i own is a CZ3 overrun that i bought from MRC. I like it quite a bit and took it to africa. 300WSM is pretty sweet... i use the MT more now but still shoot the hell out of the CZ...
I shot a MRC action that was a CZ. Seemed like a nice action. I'm looking forward to seeing their guns.

ddj
But, do they shoot?
MRC is great at making promises. I suggest COD for any orders.
+1....and a 3 day inspection wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Lefty C
That is my worry also that it will be business as usual with MRC. Have to wait and see.

ddj
It will be a long time before they get any more of this key pounders money.
Just got some more info.

"most of the barrels are going to be 24� in standard rates of twist for those cartridges with our #2 contour. The Wood Stocks are American Walnut in the CM Blued models and Circassian in the SS models. The Synthetic stocks are Bell and Carlson...

...we are also contemplating a yearly runs of one special caliber. For example we may do a run of 100 rifles chambered in 6.5 x 284 or 280 AI, etc."

Info should be available on their website by the end of the month.
Would never do business with MRC again, nor would I trust anything they said or promised.

MRC and the truth are frequent strangers.

Steve
I could like a .460 wby...not a bad price if they are as decent as people say.

Perhaps I missed this, but are there any specific weights per caliber in the Dangerous Game Rifles?

Looking forward to more information!

B8
Looks like a high dollar CZ Model 3. sick
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Would never do business with MRC again, nor would I trust anything they said or promised.

MRC and the truth are frequent strangers.

Steve

Sounds like the results of my very brief relationship with Olympic Arms. Small scale---not too much money involved---just a hassle getting a job done right, and it was a long time ago.

Unless Kilimanjaro Rifles can make silk purses out of sows' ears, MRC actions aren't too bad to start with and can be made quite nice. The bottom Serengetti is on a MRC medium action.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
The Serengeti, now called Kilmanjaro Rifles use MRC actions but they have been "slicked up" considerably. Theree was quite a difference between the standard MRC action I fired and the Serengeti rifle I fired. It will be interesting to see the fit and finish of their new offerings.

BTW: Beautiful rifles goodnews.

ddj
Beautiful rifles Goodnews!

And they have the bolt handle on the correct side too.

Rifles
http://montanarifleco.com/custom.rifles.html

Ordering
http://montanarifleco.com/Ordering%20Info.html

Actions
http://montanarifleco.com/actions.html

Barreled Actions
http://montanarifleco.com/barreled%20actions.html
In looking at their site they look like nice rifles. My question is about accuracy. They are priced similar to Cooper, and all of mine shoot better than the 1/2" accuracy Cooper guarantees. They are light like the Kimbers but more than double the price. The two Kimbers I had both shot sub-MOA. Combine the weight of the Kimber, the accuracy of Cooper and for just a little more than the Montana Rifle Company's offerings, one can have a NULA. How will the Montana stack up?
The rifles shown on the MRC website are not the new production rifles due out (according to MRC anyway) April/May 2011.

These production rifles will be priced (as noted in the OP) at $999 and $1045 which is 1/3rd the cost of a NULA.

I'm really hoping MRC meets their schedule and delivers a quality product.

USPat, thanks for the link.
Well hell, if I'd been paying attention I might have caught that. Still, I have questions about accuracy. Will these rifles have trued actions, will they be pillar/glass bedded, what kind of barrels will they have. It will be interesting to see.
I let the fellow I've been corresponding with know that I was posting the info here at 24hcf and I guess he looked into the thread. This is a quote from the last email I received from them:

"As to the Quality as some people on the forum have suggested, I�m sure they bought actions or rifles from us 4-8 years ago. A lot has changed since then and I can assure you they have not picked up a new 1999 since or they would see the amount of fitting and polishing we do on the actions now. We true the bolt and receivers and lap the lugs and raceways which was not done 4 years ago and prior." (italics mine)

Their MSRP is about $150 over a Ruger M77 and $200 less than a #1. Winchester's MSRP for a c/m wood stocked standard Sporter model in a magnum chambering is $50 less than the MRC. Remington wants $987 for a Model 700 CDL, that's $12 less. So their price point and probably street price seems right in line with the other major rifle makers.

On the company itself, I can know where folks are coming from as I've had a similar experience with one of the "gods" of modern knife making. On the plus side, I have or have had several examples from the companies this person headed and they were all good, nicely done knives. But when dealing directly with this person, I got unfilled promise after unfilled promise. But his companies still make nice production knives.

I'm keeping an open mind and will judge the MRC on its own merits when I see one. Kind of like "True Grit" - lots of people hated it without seeing it but those that went to see it really liked it.

Pre-judging anything is just wasted brain power to me. If they suck when we see them, then they'll suck. If they don't, then finally southpaws can get a left hand M70/98 clone in stainless in all kinds of neat calibers. We'll just have to wait and see.
I live about ten miles from MRC and used to hang out there when it was just Brian Sipe a gunsmith. It was called the Montana Rifleman back then. Brian is actually the guy who advised that I buy my Burgess back in the early 90s. He was always a very stand up guy, did good work and was fair in his price for the occasional gun work I had him do.

I don't know exact details and who's involved, but going from memory, I remember he moved his shop and combined with Les Bauska, a legendary barrel maker in Kalispell. Les was probably close to, or into his 80s at the time, and I remember Brian and Les working together on barrels. I also remember hand milled actions that were beautiful, basically what you see as an MRC action now, only milled instead of cast. I lost track of Brian around the time his Montana actions came out as I was getting into archery hunting and less interested in my rifles, but I thought the idea of an affordable action that could either be cleaned up and used as a platform for a nice custom rifle, or just blued and shot as is for a pretty good, if a little rough finished rifle was a great idea. I wish I bought one back then, I think they were less than $500.00.

John
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I let the fellow I've been corresponding with know that I was posting the info here at 24hcf and I guess he looked into the thread. This is a quote from the last email I received from them:

"As to the Quality as some people on the forum have suggested, I�m sure they bought actions or rifles from us 4-8 years ago. A lot has changed since then and I can assure you they have not picked up a new 1999 since or they would see the amount of fitting and polishing we do on the actions now. We true the bolt and receivers and lap the lugs and raceways which was not done 4 years ago and prior." (italics mine)

Their MSRP is about $150 over a Ruger M77 and $200 less than a #1. Winchester's MSRP for a c/m wood stocked standard Sporter model in a magnum chambering is $50 less than the MRC. Remington wants $987 for a Model 700 CDL, that's $12 less. So their price point and probably street price seems right in line with the other major rifle makers.

On the company itself, I can know where folks are coming from as I've had a similar experience with one of the "gods" of modern knife making. On the plus side, I have or have had several examples from the companies this person headed and they were all good, nicely done knives. But when dealing directly with this person, I got unfilled promise after unfilled promise. But his companies still make nice production knives.

I'm keeping an open mind and will judge the MRC on its own merits when I see one. Kind of like "True Grit" - lots of people hated it without seeing it but those that went to see it really liked it.

So, pre-judging anything is just wasted brain power to me. If they suck when we see them, then they'll suck. If they don't, then finally southpaws can get a left hand M70/98 clone in stainless in all kinds of neat calibers. We'll just have to wait and see.

That is encouraging Jim.

My fingers remain crossed.
I bought a barrelled action from MRC approx 3 years ago. It was chambered in 6.5x284 and would routinely shoot <MOA with most loads. When the barrel was shot out (1200 rounds or so), I bought a Shilen barrel in .284 Shehane. When I sent the action and new barrel to a gunsmith for headspacing and action truing, he stated that no truing was needed and installed the new barrel. This setup is now my F-class rifle (with Jewell trigger and new stock).

If the barrelled actions are the same quality as the one I received, I believe it would be a very nice rifle.
I am cautiously optimistic. : )

ddj

They have some info with pictures up on their website.

http://www.montanarifleco.com/custom.rifles.html#ProductionRifles
Nice to see the new lower price point rifles at MRC.

Also nice to see they offer them in 7WSM.
I look forward to hearing more about these. I could easily see a LH in 257 Roberts in my near future.
Their salesman has been emailing me with updates about this. They will be adding more info to the site this week. I'd like to see some specifics on weight, twists (he did say they would be "standard for each caliber"), and barrel lengths - he said 24" on "most" calibers, I'm hoping short actions will be 22".

Would also like to see a pic of a sample Circassian walnut stock on the SS version.

More choices are good.
I'm very pleased with the looks of that rifle.

I really like the very open grip.

Hope I can get used to the safety as that type is my least favorite.
Looks similar to Kimber, priced similar too. The big question for me is how will they shoot? Are the actions on these production rifles trued and lugs lapped or is this done only on the customs?
Doubt that they will be as light as the Kimbers though.

But since Kimber doesn't care to make a single LH rifle these are looking pretty good.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
MRC is great at making promises. I suggest COD for any orders.

I live right here in the Flathead, and the two companies that are absolute dipshits dumbphucks of the highest order are MRC, (Montana rifleman) and Mcgowen Precision.

I've been [bleep] by both companies more than once... Its a common opinion amongst locals here in the Flathead that you'd be better off lighting fire to a few hundred dollar bills that doing business with them.

If you're wanting a CRF cheap, buy a Ruger (thats who cast MRC actions) and have Pac-Nor rebarrel it and you'd be lots of money ahead, you'd have a rifle that shoots, AND you'd save yourself lots of frustration.
Who's the blind guy that drew that checkering pattern?
Some people may have gotten lucky and got a rifle that shoots fine. The two rifles that they made for me (second to replace the first) were horrible. The fit and finish of the second looked like a I was doing hallucigenic drugs from all the waves in the metal, and I paid extra for it. Niether shot worth a crap, fed, or held down a cartridge

Not only that but they lied to me several times. I paid to have them true and polish, they never did that. Took months to hear back from them. They must not have even test fired it as they said or else they would have known that the cartidge didn't even go into the chamber. The salesman talk a good game but I don't trust them anymore.

The action premis is nice but very poorly executed. After being treated the way I was by them I'll never touch another no matter what the price. And McGowen barrels are made by the same employees of MRC.

Buy a Winchester and you'll be way ahead. Lighter, more parts, and much better finish.
Winchester ain't making LH rifles right now.
Thinking maybe I'll just stick with my Coopers. I gave up on customs after the last one that I paid a premium for and it looked, and shot, like a new apprentices project. The owner of the biz proved to be impossible to deal with; he simply refused to communicate. After a year + of hassle, I finally got it resolved through my credit card company long after I had sent the rifle back for the second time. That experience sounds just way too much like mlaing's. Hey, Cooper makes lefties too there nsagam.
Originally Posted by cobrad
Hey, Cooper makes lefties too there nsagam.

For over twice the price though.
True, but I feel in this case you really do get what you pay for from Cooper
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Buddy, some days I just feel like calling Jim Borden and providing him with the 16 numbers on my credit card.

Damn the price and Damn this waiting.

Is a fricking quality left hand stainless rifle too much to ask for? Mother Fers!
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Buddy, some days I just feel like calling Jim Borden and providing him with the 16 numbers on my credit card.

Damn the price and Damn this waiting.

Is a fricking quality left hand stainless rifle too much to ask for? Mother Fers!

You wouldn't think so would you?

Especially with modern CNC manufacturing. Doing a mirror image just isn't that hard!
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Who's the blind guy that drew that checkering pattern?

Of the two locals that I would suspect... It was probably Cahrley Cooder or a Mel Smart pattern...

Last I heard, Charley was working for Serenghetti (which is a Flathead company that WILL NOT do business with MRC or McGowen anymore)
Originally Posted by Glacier_John
I don't know exact details and who's involved, but going from memory, I remember he moved his shop and combined with Les Bauska, a legendary barrel maker in Kalispell.

Really????

Brian also told me once that he taught Dan Lilja everything he knows....

Trust me, he's your best buddy until you have a problem. Jeffs not much better... I've watched him throw more than one tizzy at the rifle range testing "warranties"
Boy, Where to start? First let me say that this post is not inflamitory, it's merely factual.

Dan Adair, while some of the other guys (Mliang, 7x57 Steve, others) who have complained about things, have valid points because they actually purchased something from us (those complaints have actually helped us in the last few stages of our business, both in quality and Customer Service issues) you though, have NEVER done business at MRC?

You may have an opinion about my father, hey, that's your opinion, and HONESTLY it's ok if you like him or not or think he's a pompass windbag or not...whatever, that's your opinion, and we each have a right to that. You said you bought a barrel from him 15 years ago, I looked and couldn't find your name in the books anywhere....but that was a long time ago and a LOT has changed since then...and that was Montana Rifleman (Barrel Manufactuer) not Montana Rifle Company (Action and Rifle manufacturer). There are two facilities here that do different things. You have never done business with me or Montana Rifle Company.

Your comments about other people in the Flathead Valley...well I'm sure I could find many people here who don't like you too, that doens't mean your a bad person or whatever you do in life is bad? That's just the way life is, show me one person who posts here who doesn't have someone who doesn't like him? But your comments about the range and me throwing tizzies? You don't know me, and I don't know you. You coudln't pick me out of a crowd of two? And I doubt anyone who has ever been to the range where I shoot even knows who I am. As to throwing tizzies, have you ever built something that you were proud of that something went wrong on? It's not throwing a tizzy, it's being frustrated because you don't want to dissapoint your customer. If I ever get to the point where I don't care if a customer is unhappy, I need to be out of the business.

Serengeti (Kilamanjaro), Gene, Erik and the rest of them have a good relationship with us, so that's just not true. In fact Gene was just here about two weeks ago, but you stated on another post that you are good friends with him so you probably already knew that?

As to the Comment about my father and Dan Lilja....good grief. Dan and my father are VERY Good Friends, and Dan is a very personable guy, call Dan and ask him if he thinks my dad would have said that. My guess is you took it wrong or backwards or he said it backwards, whatever... My father has repeatedly told people Dan is one of the, if not the best barrel maker in the world.

If you really have this much of a problem with MRC, either stop in and explain your problem to me, I'll listen, or move on. You have been calling me several names on here (different posts)for years without knowing me, yes I can be a hothead, I won't deny that. But YOU don't know that personally? All I'm saying is stop the BS. If you want to stop in and talk, I am here. If you don't, it's ok but really, if you have ZERO experience with me and MRC why get on here and try to hurt a company trying to make it in the Flathead Valley, unless you have a monatary gain from it?

For the others who have had a bad experience with Me, my father, or MRC I give the same offer I have always given, Call me up tell me the circumstances from your point of view, I'll explain mine and let's see what can be worked out? If not I can't really do anything else about it, right?

As to the Comment about my father and Les Bauska, it's close, but they did not combine, Les taught my father how to make barrels, that's it.

Now, this thread is not going to turn into a heated argument, people have said things and I wanted to say my side, that's it. I will not post again about these things, if you want to talk the phone number is out there.

As to our new Line of Production Rifles, with each new year we are growing and trying to make a better product for our customers. The Production rifles were just the next phase of growth. We have continued to learn new manufacturing processes to make better parts, faster and more productive. And we will continue to do that in the future. I will have all the info on the rifles on our website within the next week or so, except for the DGR, as we don't have the final stocks done yet. I am having more photos taken tonight and will get them on the website asap.

Thanks All and GOD Bless!

Jeff
Jeff, good to hear things from your side. Always two side to every story. Jeff emailed me yesterday and said the actions on the production rifles will be trued and lugs lapped. I am not aware of any other production rifles getting this. I'll look forward to the reviews to see how they shoot.
I bought a new CZ3 and was very happy with it.

Traded it to a campfire member and wish I still had it.
Excellent first post Jeff.

Thanks for taking the time.

I for one applaud you for thinking of the left handed shooter and for coming out with your LH production rifles simultaneously with the RH ones.

That is indeed rare and welcomed.

I'm looking forward to seeing more about the production rifles, including weights, barrel length and other particulars.

Looks like their LW rifles come in at 6-2 for a SA, in a Lone Wolf stock. An EDGE oughtta be about the same weight. That's close to Montucky territory.

Wonder what a LW barrelled action would run?
MRC action is a bulky action. No where near as slick or trim as a Kimber. Closer to a Sako 75 size and bulk, not quality. (Yes, I know one's a push feed and the other a CRF) Definitley not what I would build a lightweight off from.

After playing with other custom actions since I had the MRC, I was shocked at how far apart the quality and tolerances were. I paid the same amount for a Surgeon RSR action as the MRCs are going for now. I also paid the same amount for a Rock cut barrel as a MRC barrel. Things may have changed but I'm hearing the same thing from both sides.

Unless MRC decides to give me the 270 WSM that I orderd, that can shoot straight, hold the cartridges in the magazine when cycling the bolt, and actually get a round in the chamber without me jiggling the bolt around, I don't think I'm willing to try one again.

To be fair, MRCs can shoot and can be finished to look great (think Kilimarjoro Rifles), but your going to have to put a lot more money into it than a Surgeon/Rock barreled action. Just somethings for you to think about.
I had a MRC built and have had ZERO problems with it so far. I never had a single issue dealing with MRC. They told me a lead time of two months, it was at my FFL before that. How can one complain about that? .257Roberts, McMillan Edge Stock, Falcon Coat, Timney Trigger, Talley Rings and bases.

[Linked Image]
How's it shoot? It's not too hard to build a decent looking rifle, but the true test, for me, is in accuracy.
I have only shot factory loads thru it so far and have had the best groups with doubletap 100gr TSX 100yards 3/4".
montanacreekhunter,

very nice rig.

Jim in Idaho the MRC website is down do you have any idea ...
You got me, there's a picture of a pretty girl and some links to various shooting products but it's not the Montana Rifle Company website.

????
The site is back up.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I had a MRC built and have had ZERO problems with it so far. I never had a single issue dealing with MRC. They told me a lead time of two months, it was at my FFL before that. How can one complain about that? .257Roberts, McMillan Edge Stock, Falcon Coat, Timney Trigger, Talley Rings and bases.

[Linked Image]

THIS IS WHAT I WANT !!
(betcha its outta my allowance)
Do the Montana Rifles have a "coned breech" like the Winchesters do?
The reason I ask is that I have found that the Winchester's are the only rifle that will consistently feed the flat nosed cast boolits I like to shoot...
Thanks!
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

[Linked Image]

I like that. How's it shoot?
Originally Posted by Nrut
Do the Montana Rifles have a "coned breech" like the Winchesters do?
The reason I ask is that I have found that the Winchester's are the only rifle that will consistently feed the flat nosed cast boolits I like to shoot...
Thanks!

Their breeching system is a C ring like the Mauser. Their actions are a blend of Model 70 and Mauser 98.

http://www.montanarifleco.com/actions.html

From that page:

All of our actions incorporate the following features:

Anti-bind feature which utilizes a dovetailed lug and raceway which provides precise retention of the bolt within the receiver bore.

The bolt sleeve incorporates a Mauser style flange to gases issuing along the bolt-lug raceway, and away from the shooters face.

Retains the 3-position safety found on the Winchester Model 70. This is one of the most popular safeties today, and by far the safest.

Retains the claw extractor and controlled round feed capabilities.

Push button bolt release system that is cast integral with the action offering easy to use one hand operation.

Trigger and sear assemblies are manufactured using a EDM process that maintains design geometry to within .00003"

The trigger assembly maintains the Model 70 geometry and is fully adjustable. It also gives the end user the option of installing an aftermarket trigger assembly meant for the Model 70.

The action has been designed to incorporate the Mauser 98 style inner collar ring that includes an extractor cut. This feature not only increases the overall strength of the action but also allows for the elimination of extractor cuts and cone breeching within the barrel.

We've maintained the Model 70 receiver ring geometry allowing customers to use any scope base meant for the Model 70 without modification.

The receiver incorporates gas ports on both sides of the front receiver ring for superior safety in case of catastrophic failure.

All actions include one piece bottom metal.
Originally Posted by JeffMRC

Dan Adair, while some of the other guys (Mliang, 7x57 Steve, others) who have complained about things, have valid points because they actually purchased something from us (those complaints have actually helped us in the last few stages of our business, both in quality and Customer Service issues) you though, have NEVER done business at MRC?

You may have an opinion about my father, hey, that's your opinion, and HONESTLY it's ok if you like him or not or think he's a pompass windbag or not...whatever, that's your opinion, and we each have a right to that. You said you bought a barrel from him 15 years ago, I looked and couldn't find your name in the books anywhere....but that was a long time ago and a LOT has changed since then...and that was Montana Rifleman (Barrel Manufactuer) not Montana Rifle Company (Action and Rifle manufacturer). There are two facilities here that do different things. You have never done business with me or Montana Rifle Company.

You better be careful.. Dan Adair works out on the stairmaster with a 100lb pack. He'll kick your ass! (grin)
I spoke with Jeff over there yesterday and it sounds like they are planning to begin shipping the production guns near the end of May...
I go back with MRC to their initial charter issue program in 01 or 02. I ordered a LH short action and had them polish it inside and out, square and true the receiver, add one of their #4 contour barrels that I ordered lapped with a recess crown.
They then sent it across town to Serengetti for a left handed AA Claro laminated stock made to my dimentions, ebony forearm cap, metal grip cap, cross bolted with ebony plugs, checkering and oil finish.
Back then the two companies seemed to work great together.
I received a rifle that was more than I expected, great workmanship on both the metal and wood. An to make things even better it shoots great too.
I can not find a bad thing to say about either company.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by tdn
I spoke with Jeff over there yesterday and it sounds like they are planning to begin shipping the production guns near the end of May...

How are they going to sell them? Through the usual channels---only through distributors, dealers? Or are they going to sell them right there in Montana?
Looks like we are going to have to go through a dealer.
© 24hourcampfire