Home
Posted By: Reloader7RM New rig.... - 02/01/11
Came across a deal on this rig and had a Conquest 4.5-14x44 sitting in the safe that needed a new home.

700 LSS in 257 Wby. My first with an X-Mark Pro trigger and I must say I'm very impressed with this new trigger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hopefully it's a shooter.

Ya'll have a good one,

loder
Posted By: Tip926 Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Sweet, let us know how it shoots.
Posted By: 7x57Fan Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
You wouldnt want anyone coming thru that door, would you????

Posted By: Flinch Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
I love the new triggers. They are easy to adjust and break like glass. Just picked up two myself. I have never seen or had a Remington that wouldn't shoot under 3/4" on a bad day. I'm thinking the Quarter Roy will shoot. Flinch
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
I had the chance to buy one for $500 that never been shot or even had a scope mounted on it. Being a broke college kid, I couldnt scrounge up the money. Hope its a shooter for ya!
Posted By: Heeler Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Nice looking rig! A co-worker of mine has one exactly like that. He told me his has done really well with 110gr Accubonds. He told me it was devastating on the speed goats in WY this last year. I think he told me he put one down at a shade over 600yds.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Thanks Fellas.

Heeler, I plan to try 100 Etips, 100TTSXs, and 110NABs in her for a start.

You wouldnt want anyone coming thru that door, would you????

I hear ya. As long as the boogie man stays in the closet, we should be ok.

Ya'll have a good one,

loder
Posted By: snakeman Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
gorgeous!
Originally Posted by Flinch
I love the new triggers. They are easy to adjust and break like glass. Just picked up two myself. I have never seen or had a Remington that wouldn't shoot under 3/4" on a bad day. I'm thinking the Quarter Roy will shoot. Flinch

Flinch, I was alittle surprised to say the least. I have a safe full of 700s and all have the stock(older design) triggers on them. They work just fine when properly adjusted, but this new trigger was great out of the box. A shade over 3 and no creep at all. I backed it off a tad. About the only Rem trigger I have that was pretty good out of the box was a 40X til now. The only thing I don't like on the Xmark is the weight adjustment screw not being flush. I wonder if they make a shorter screw to replace it?

Have a good one,

loder
Posted By: GeoW Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Would make an excellent gate latch!

Joking aside, a good lookin rifle scope combo smile
Posted By: pacecars Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
How thick is that recoil pad?
Posted By: Flinch Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Why worry about it? It isn't in the way. I say leave it alone and go shoot. Flinch
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Originally Posted by pacecars

I was wondering the same thing myself. Is it the original?
I do love the SS gray laminate 700's. I've got two of them myself. Wish they did a 257 Wby in a lefty.
Posted By: Blowtorch53 Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Nice rifle but a funny looking burglar bar.
Originally Posted by pacecars

I haven't measured it, but it is quite thick. Oughta be cushy from the bench even though a 257 doesn't buck much.
Sambo, Yes, it's the new Super Cell that came with the rifle.

I've used the SCs on turkey guns and they are good pads. I like the feel and look of them vs the limbsaver pads. They don't cling to everything like the LS either.

I was alittle surprised at the thickness of the pad as it is thicker than the other SCs I have on syn stocked shotguns.
Originally Posted by Flinch
Why worry about it? It isn't in the way. I say leave it alone and go shoot. Flinch

Maybe I just have fat fingers, but I feel it when I'm putting my finger on the trigger. This one sticks out nearly an 1/8" If I turn it in for about a 4lb pull it goes in enough not to feel.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: New rig.... - 02/01/11
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
Hopefully it's a shooter.

Ya'll have a good one,

loder

Let us know. If it does, what's not to like?
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: New rig.... - 02/02/11
i have the same gun and 71 gr of R22 and the 100tsx shoots 1/2" regularly. The pad is quite thick, but on the 257 roy makes recoil .243ish imho
© 24hourcampfire