Home
I am toying around with buying a remington 700 in 7mm rem mag off of the used market. How much can I expect to spend? I would like a gun that is blued with a wood stock or a stainless gun with the detachable magazine. I don't want any rust on the action but a small freckle or two on the barrel wouldn't be a deal breaker neither would some dings on the stock.
I got a blued one I will sell you for $400 shipped... grin

Dink
$400 is about right if in decent shape and not a plastic stocked ADL version. Those only bring about $275 on the used market.
I would think $300-400 is realistic for blued/wood. Of course, the guys at the gun show who have the same guns sitting at their table year after year would say that is about $200 too low for a used 700. laugh
Excellent choice of chambering by the way.
Blue Book, Model 700, ADL @ 100% condition, $475,
@ 98%, $375,
@ 95%, $295.

As you can see, price drops pretty fast as condition deteriorates. And a 95% gun isn't a rough gun, just some bluing wear around the edges and some handling marks on the wood.

DF
Any rem 700 magnum can bring $350 just for the action as long as it's in good shape.
I had the opportunity to buy a used (25 years old) left hand bdl 7mm rem mag for $400.00. I find out now that it was a steal for a lefty. I'm not a remington kind of guy, but still kick myself for not buying it!!!!!!! I'd love to have a 7mm rem mag one day. I like my 338 win mag so much I know I'd like the 7 (just a necked down 338).
I paid $400 for a 7mmRM 700ADL with a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9X40 on it in Leupold mounts about 2 years ago.
wow, i'd give you 325 for it
I'm sure you would.
© 24hourcampfire