Home
Posted By: handwerk temptation - 03/30/11
Since the pond is starting to melt I headed out this morning to get some trigger time before I loose the easy access.....sometimes the dang deer just won't stay out of the way.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Redneck Re: temptation - 03/30/11
Hehehehe.. Cute..

Sure glad YOU still got snow.. We're 90% clear here and about TIME!!!

Posted By: stillbeeman Re: temptation - 03/30/11
And you're gonna tell us you didn't shoot acrost her back??? In WV, I often had deer browsing between my bench and the target butt. I've shot acrost them and had them totally ignore the shots. (perhaps they'd heard what sort of a marksman I am)
Posted By: tzone Re: temptation - 03/30/11
Camp meat.
Posted By: EddyBo Re: temptation - 03/30/11
I have had to shoot my 600 yard steel to get them from huddling up to block my 600 yard target board.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: temptation - 03/30/11
EddyBo, bet they'd scatter from that splatter. We were doing a bunch of shooting and a pair of yearlings came out about 75yds from where we were and stayed till we loaded up and left. Think I saw one laughing at some of the groups..
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: temptation - 03/31/11
guy in basic training in 1981 shot a deer with an m-16 at about 800 meters (if I remember the distance correctly). D.I. told him to shoot it "to get it out of the way". I guess the DI's ate well that week.
Posted By: SKane Re: temptation - 03/31/11
Randy, that's a cool shot. I'm glad one of them made it through the winter. grin
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: temptation - 03/31/11
Originally Posted by tzone
Camp meat.

x2 grin
Posted By: VernAK Re: temptation - 03/31/11
Good photo Randy.

No deer in our range but moose at times.....then we have a neighbor with goats running loose and they will come right around the benches.
Posted By: RickF Re: temptation - 03/31/11
A decrepit old Winchester like that? You'd do well just to scare the deer, let alone hit it! grin
© 24hourcampfire