Home
Posted By: Sportdog Prvi Partizan Ammo/Any Good? - 04/03/11
I have an old 7.65 German manufactured Argentine mauser rifle that I inherited from my dad. I see on-line that I can get some Prvi Partizan ammo pretty cheap for it. Has anyone used this stuff? Are the cases reloadable? I'm thinking of buying three or four boxes of it, shoot it up, and use the cases for reloading. This rifle is just going to be for fun shooting, no hunting. Any thoughts, opinions, or experiences? Thanks.
I have some Prvi Partizan in 222 and the brass is better than remington brass. No reason not to give it a shot.
I have had very good results with their 286 grain 9.3x62. Shoots MOA in my CZ 550. Also put some through my new Kimber 84 L 30-06 with the same results.
I've found the brass,bullets, and ammo to both be of excellent quality.
I use it in my Swiss 7.5x55. For me it shoots as well as the match grade GP11, and it's good brass for reloading.
I use the 9.3x62 and it shoots well under an inch in my CZ. I also use the Wolf Gold ammo (same stuff in a different box) in 7.5x55 in a T/C Encore and it shoots better in that rifle than the Hornady, go figure. Have also shot the .303 British load and it is very accurate as well. The bullets are old school designs but seem to work as well on deer as anything else. BTW, this is the same ammo that use to be sold under the Hansen name back in the '80s-early '90s.
At Prvi's price, it is often as cheap to shoot as to load. They shoot fine, I have just been trying to find out if they have more corrosive powders or not.

But if you are reloading them, that wouldn't matter.
I have just been trying to find out if they have more corrosive powders or not.

But if you are reloading them, that wouldn't matter.

Can you elaborate, please?
My 7x57 likes em and had two kills last year. No complaints except that it is often sold out.
I have been quite happy with it as well - and you can't beat the price
Yeah, I have seen them around the place, in various calibres, both FMJ and soft point (SP). For the price, they look good.

Gus

Best quality/price ratio in France. Have used them in 8mmMauser, 270Winch, 243, 7-08, 7,5x55 Swiss, 300Winch mag, 338Lapua,9,3x62 and 375H&H. Nothing bad to say about, no problem of fouling, barrel easy to clean, good accuracy for the money and easy to reload. Case neck is annealed as Lapua cases and cases life is good. 9,2x62 bullets are simple but effective on wild boar driven hunt.
I like you have an old mauser 8x57 that I inherited. I wanted some brass to reload so I bought a box of the Privi loaded ammo . I got to shoot some of it this weekend and it shot pretty well. The brass looks good but I haven't reloaded it yet. I'd say give it a try.
What everyone else said. I did the same thing you describe. I've shot several hundred rounds of it in 303. Got some decent groups with it off the bench and the brass is good quality. It seems as good as any commercial ammo I've used.
Posted By: keith Re: Prvi Partizan Ammo/Any Good? - 04/04/11
Brass is to be coveted.
My 7mm-08 likes it.
Posted By: Joe Re: Prvi Partizan Ammo/Any Good? - 04/04/11
I've found it to be very good in my 7x57 with groups 1.7 MOA for 13 groups. I had to slightly modify my shellholder for reloading them as the rim groove isn't as deep as U.S. brands.
Originally Posted by RugerM77270
My 7mm-08 likes it.

Mine too
My Sig556 Classic LOVES the 69 grainers!!!!!!!!!!
I use Partizan Prvi 168 grain FMJ in the AR10t, pretty accurate, I use once fired Federal brass as part of that load. I buy mine at Mid South or Graf.
A shooting buddy and I have picked up 5 gal buckets of 45 acp, 9mm and 223/5.56 at the range. I have no use for the 9mm and 223/5.56 so I give them to him. One of these days he'll be a wealthy man using that brass as barter material.

Jim
Great ammo, period ! The only issue is that in reloading it (at least 308, 7.5 Swiss, 6.5x55, 7x57 and 30-06) The primer pockets as so tight they need to be chamfered for the first reload.
My experience with it has been very good .I have an 8x57JS Mauser and it will put 3 of the 196 grain softpoints into less than an inch at 100 yards. I also killed a Buck whitetail buck with it this past season . Posted in the ask the gunwriters forum on about 11/09/10. I also use the brass for reloading with 150 grain Sierras and H-4895 and ammo produced is accurate as well with 3 shot groups at a hundred of less than 1-1/2. Reasonably priced,accurate,performs well on deer.
I tried some of their .223 Rem 55 gr SP ammo, and I had pieeced primers in 4 out of the 20 cartridges. One of them, I was unable to deprime the case, so I lost that one. The brass seems nice, the factory accuracy was only so so in my 1 n 12" twist bolt guns. I have had much better results in my .223's with Fiocchi factory ammo for just a little more money.
i have shot the 7-08 through my rifle and my savage stryker. accurate ammo but it has been my experiance that it is a touch dirtier than say fed or win ammo. but i don't mind that hen it groups as well as it does.
I shot some 8mm x 57 JS when I had a 8mm Sporter, those 196 gr bullets shot well out of that rifle, for the short time I owned it. Worked great on the deer I shot with it too, and I would bet coin it would work well on Elk and Moose too. Just because something is inexpensive dose not make it cheap or no good. Its a good value, for a lot of applications. This coming fall I will be shooting 7 x 57 loads, since I have run out of the ammo I had and being not employed steady, that may change, Priv Partizan makes perfect sense.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Prvi Partizan Ammo/Any Good? - 04/06/11
Well worth the price.
I've been reloading the same batch of 6.5x55's since they came from a place called Yugoslavia! I'm losing a few now to split neck attrition, so I'm due for another batch I think.

I don't think smokeless POWDER is corrosive, its the primers I thought.

Poole
© 24hourcampfire