Home
Seems like a winner. grin

http://www.nosler.com/Rifles/Trophy-Grade-Promo.aspx
Yes I'd like to see one in person enough though I'm committed to the 84L Montana. The consumer is always a winner when there is competition for their de-valued dollar.
Bigwhoop, I get dibs when you sell the 84L. wink What caliber are you getting.
I held one at a shop a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice rifle bit it was much heavier than the Montana that I'm looking at.
Its just an overpriced pushfeed with only a two position trigger safety.

The Kimber is a better design.

Join the NRA instead with a life membership.
The Kimbers are pretty just not very consistent. If you want a Nosler rifle just buy a Howaguard and save money.
Originally Posted by vacrt2002

Except the $300 off is off MSRP, i.e., basic street price anyway.

Pass.
If a Kimber Montana won't shoot MOA or less out of the box, it's not the rifle's fault.
Just thought it was interesting that it was rifle of the year for american rifleman. $300 or ~25% new, not used that's all.

custom action, pacnor, riflebasix, cerakote, submoa guarantee, 6.5lbs - seems to be a nice custom options for less the typical $2500-$3k and a bit nicer than the Montucky and Remchester.

Did the $300 discount come after the announcement or before it? grin
The 84L Montana is still a much better deal. For whoever call "dibs" - a 270Win. and a 30-06. Don't be throwing any negative waves my way!! laugh
Yes, as Sean said, not such a special deal. That's street price.

Kind of insulting that they claim it is a NRA special discount.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Did the $300 discount come after the announcement or before it? grin
The 84L Montana is still a much better deal. For whoever call "dibs" - a 270Win. and a 30-06. Don't be throwing any negative waves my way!! laugh
Dibs on the 30-06 - - greg

NH K9,

You obviously have never lost at Kimber roulette such as I.

No, I realize that Kimber has let some lemons walk out the factory door (just as Remington, Ruger, Winchester, etc. have). I'm just spouting Swampy's own words back at him.

I've lost more to "Remington Roulette"....

George
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter

NH K9,

+1
Originally Posted by NH K9
If a Kimber Montana won't shoot MOA or less out of the box, it's not the rifle's fault.

Just for [bleep] and giggles,

Always and never can be some mighty big shoes to fill.

I'd say have one or a bunch of both.

I've owned 6 Kimbers (3 classics and 3 Montanas)

Here are a couple in 325 WSM

Why the 325 WSM,

Why not. I'd say its about want, not need.

How can you go wrong with a chambering that has good sectional density & ballistic co-efficient, will propel a 180 gr pill at +/- 2850 fps, in an 8 lb. rifle and scope combo.

My first was a Kimber that shot lights out.

[Linked Image]

It worked fine of hogs and deer.

[Linked Image]

My latest, a Christmas present to myself. Nosler was offering an $800 NRA discount. I couldn't resist.

[Linked Image]
Nosler Model 48 Custom Sporter, 325 WSM, Leupold 3.5 x 10 Vari X III, with illuminated Reticle

Hadn't wrung it out yet. Kinda breakin' it in.
[Linked Image]

But I think it's going to be a shooter.

Best

GWB

NH K9,

+1
I wish the hell you guys would stop posting pics of rifles on an axis hide..
Envy is a terrible emotion....
Originally Posted by Swampman700

NH K9,

+1

Swampy,
How many Montanas have you owned? How many did you have problems with? Did you let someone else shoot those that you had problems with to ensure that your obvious lack of basic skills with a rifle wasn't the obvious issue?

I'm 100% on Montanas. I can't say the same for 700s.

George
I need to do somthing "different" with the .260. A Little Sky on an axis would look cool....

George
Here is a pair of 260's

what one will not do, the other one will

Kimber Montana 84M, 260 remington, 2.5x 8 Leupold VX-III

Sako 75 Varmint Stainless Laminate w/ set trigger, 260 remington, Swarovski 3 x 9 Habicht
GWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by NH K9
I need to do somthing "different" with the .260. A Little Sky on an axis would look cool....

George

cry
I have a Kimber 84 Classic in .308. The factory barrel was terrible. I could see all kind of tool marks thru the Hawkeye borescope. It has a tight spot that could be seen and could be felt with a tight patch. It would shoot around 1 1/2" at best with good reloads. Communication with Kimber didn't yield much. They said that level of accuracy was acceptable. For them, maybe. Not me. It now wears a Broughton 5R SS barrel and shoots 3/8" with the right loads. These type problems can be solved for around $5-600...

I had traded for the gun and didn't have retail in it to start with. So, I felt I could spend some to make it right. Doesn't say much for QC at Kimber, but I do like the gun.

DF
So, Nosler doesn't glass bed that B&C Medalist?
Ho - Hum another favorite rifle pissing contest. I wouldn't mind having a Nos if I could afford one.
© 24hourcampfire