Home
Dumb question of the day.. Just bought Leupold vxr scope.. Its a 30mm dia tube.. What would be the best lightweight scope rings out there.. Was looking at Talley but cant figure out what model would fit on the Ruger...

Any other companies out there, or should i just wait and call Talley on mon....

Thanks for any info....
Hey noduck. I just wanted to say thanks for the 300 wsm brass I bought from you a few months ago. It was in perfect shape. If you ever need to get rid of more of that stuff please pm me. As far as your question, Leupold makes some nice rings for the Ruger MKII. I'd check midway and read some of the reviews. Thanks again for the brass grin
You can buy Ruger rings in 30mm
The Ruger rings aint very light though!
Originally Posted by pacecars
The Ruger rings aint very light though!

No, but they are tough as nails grin.
The Ruger rings may be a little on the heavy side. But considering that you don't have to buy a separate base they really don't weigh any more than a set of rings + bases for most any other rifle.
You can get light aluminum rings for the Ruger on eBay that take 30mm. I think they are Chinese, but......
So you guys think Talley does not make them or what thought maybe somebody would know on here...

I'll check out Leupold.. And Ruger ..
After trying them all I had to go back to the Ruger rings. Until somebody makes some lightweight alloy rings the Rugers are the best choice IMO.
Originally Posted by bloodworks
After trying them all I had to go back to the Ruger rings. Until somebody makes some lightweight alloy rings the Rugers are the best choice IMO.

I've never had a problem with the ruger rings myself. I'd be interested in how much weight you actually save when going to the talley light weights though. It can't be more than a couple of oz's can it????
Nobody makes an aluminum ring for the Rugers. Burris and Leupold are both better than the Ruger factory rings (machined, not cast). I would get the Burris just because they are cheaper.
opticsplanet has the Burris on sale right now for under $28.00.
Originally Posted by noduck
So you guys think Talley does not make them or what thought maybe somebody would know on here...

I'll check out Leupold.. And Ruger ..

Talley does not make rings for the Ruger M77 series.
Thanks for the advice... Now i know why i was having a hard time trying to find some info on the Talley website....
I just sold a pair of 30mm Ruger rings that came on a .300 RCM I bought and I swear those things weighed a pound! I really don't think of Ruger 77s with 30mm scopes as lightweight guns anyway so what are a few ounces really?
© 24hourcampfire