Home
Posted By: Swampman700 Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
My 3-9X40 Zeiss Conquest came today. Poorfish Outdoors and FedEx did a great job. It's very clear and bright.
Posted By: safariman Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Great! Now you are all set up for that African big five / 30/06 with Core Lokts ONLY safari we are sending you on.
Posted By: longshot3 Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Saving for one myself....
Posted By: Homesteader Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
safariman - you forgot to mention his safari backup...a sling shot. Steel ball bearings..."best in the world". Regards, Homesteader.
Posted By: writing_frog Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
I'll stick with my $350.00 rifles that shoot 1/2 MOA right out of the box with factory ammo. Piss away money on foreign made junk (yes FN is foreign)if you like.

Written by Swampman.

Swampy how can you spend money on foreign owned company rifle scopes? Sorry to ask you that but some days ago you were not willing to spend money on non american owned company products, in that case FN...
But i agree with you: only the dumbhhass never change mind... wink
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Like the Leupold scopes, The Zeiss Conquest is assembled in the USA.

Of course the US still makes the best firearms you can buy.

you were not willing to spend money on non american owned company products

I didn't say that.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
I'm game for a free lion and leopord safari using a 30-06 and 220 grain core-lokts. I'll even use a 700 and pray it does not AD or the bolt handle don't fall off. I would have to be allowed to use TSX's to mess with the elephants and stuff.

Just let me know when to catch the plane! laugh
Give me a handfull of G.I. .30-06 AP ammo and a plane ticket. For the soft skinned stuff the 220 grain Cor-Lokts will be fine.
Posted By: safariman Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Nope, ele is critter #1 , then Cape Buff with 180gr Remington factory load Core Lokts. And it has to be Core Lokt's. And the offer is only for Swampy. We have been taking up a collection but he has to allow us to buy a life insurance policy on him making those of us who donated to the trip as the beneficiaries smile See Swampy's sig line and his many posts about Core Lokt bullets to understand the whole deal.

Core Lokts VS TTSX and many other bullets plus lots of really funnystupid remarks is what this is all about.

no you did'nt said that you wrote it, it's the sentence above in my post and you were speaking of FN mod 70 made in the US.
Swampy you're going toward Alzheimer desease or you're really trolling!
You took what I said out of context. My comment was in reference to firearms only.

Yes Swampy the best there is: like the FN designed SCAR, Minimis, Mags, and all the ssshitt you're brave soldiers are using in their campaigns.
It's good to stand and support his country and it's products but blindness and stubborn attitude does'nt solve problem and is never constructive.
Open your eyes Swampy, go out of your hole, may be one day you'll see some light.

I own Remmys and Leupold but not all my 700 were 1/2moa. Even if i'm not John Burns i know how to play with, even at more than 1000m. My 264 Winch 70 Classic 264 will do it with handload and it's moa with the Winchester factory 2 diameter bullets after a good bedding. The Laredo 300WM i had (sold) was doing the same all days as my Steyr SSG69 and SSG04.

Wish you good hunt with your German/US scope and yes you can kill everithing that crawl or walk on hearth with a 30-06 but it's forbidden in most countries. You can test your ability in Australia on water buffalos, scrub bulls and bantengs. Just do me a favor: hunt them in the bush not on the flooded plain...
Posted By: Eremicus Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
You're going to hunt Africa's Big 5 with AP ammo ?
Can I be named in your life insurance policy ?
Somebody needs to take a video of this, odviously with a looong telephoto lense.
Yessir. Those AP rounds sure do penetrate straight. E
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Originally Posted by safariman
Nope, ele is critter #1 , then Cape Buff with 180gr Remington factory load Core Lokts. And it has to be Core Lokt's.

Sounds like "One man, one rifle, one land" on steroids! laugh
Posted By: Patrick_James Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by safariman
Nope, ele is critter #1 , then Cape Buff with 180gr Remington factory load Core Lokts. And it has to be Core Lokt's.

Sounds like "One man, one rifle, one land" on crack! laugh
Posted By: MikeFletcher Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Originally Posted by Swampman700
My 3-9X40 Zeiss Conquest came today. Poorfish Outdoors and FedEx did a great job. It's very clear and bright.

I have been using a 3-9X40 Zeiss Conquest that I traded for a year or so ago. They certainly are a lot of scope for the money. It is an a Remington 700 that might make a difference!

Mike Fletcher
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Why is this in the rifle forum?

Posted By: MagMarc Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Attention
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Attention

BINGO!
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Good Question and not likely to be answered truthfully
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Scope Came Today - 06/03/11

How's the carpet?
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

How's the carpet?

I found out the carpet does not match the drapes!

I recommended a Tasco preferrably made in Taiwan if he really wanted the best but I guess he didn't listen to what I said.......AGAIN!

Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Scope Came Today - 06/04/11
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

How's the carpet?

I found out the carpet does not match the drapes!

Well, at least you managed to find out. Getting there is half the fun...
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Scope Came Today - 06/04/11

Why not?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Scope Came Today - 06/04/11
You need to watch more HGTV ..those gay guys really have a fashion sense when it comes to matching stuff in the house.
© 24hourcampfire