Home
I bet this one goes higher than the last....:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=235713406

For those that might inquire - .416 Rigby ammo goes for over $200/box of 20...
I had a T/C Custom Shop Encore 416 Rigby barrel briefly. Really nice bluing and open sights. Anyone who says the recoil of the Rigby is more like a shove has never touched off a full power load in a 7 1/2 lb gun. eek
Why would someone pay all that money for a rifle like that one and the former, and not keep the box around?
I asked them some time ago why there was no boxes with these rifles
and the only answer I got back was 'they obtained the rifles from Winchester just before the plant closed'.. However, that never really answered my question.. I found it hard to believe that Winnie would never have boxed up these things.. Nothin' made sense..
Wood looks like a Remington BDL.
Originally Posted by sambo3006
I bet it feeds slick as snot.
I had a T/C Custom Shop Encore 416 Rigby barrel briefly. Really nice bluing and open sights. Anyone who says the recoil of the Rigby is more like a shove has never touched off a full power load in a 7 1/2 lb gun. eek
That's why many DG rifles weigh over 9#... laugh

Ya want recoil? Try the single barrel Baikal 3.5" chambered 12 ga with full-house turkey loads... Makes the Rigby seem like a .243... Hehehehee
That is one fine looking piece.
So how do you get a Rigby to work in an M70? I thought it was too big to fit. Custom action size?
Originally Posted by KDK
So how do you get a Rigby to work in an M70? I thought it was too big to fit. Custom action size?
I'm sure the custom shop modified the feed rails (and probably a magazine & follower) to allow the Rigby to fit and feed.. But if that rifle was close by I'd love to see it in person and inspect it myself.. smile
© 24hourcampfire