Home
Posted By: DaSakoMan Zastava LK M70 - 06/23/11
Anyone seen the Zastava LK M70 rifles? Avaliable in a wide range of calibres, even a few quirky European calibres.

I have bought a 7x57 - and in the process of tidying up at the minute and tweaking it.

Any one else looked / own this make?

Gus
Posted By: Homesteader Re: Zastava LK M70 - 06/23/11
Gus_K; just checked out their web-site. Some nice stuff showing. I have a Remington M798 from when they did business with Zastava...not too shabby. From whom "way down south" did you purchase your 7mm Mauser LKM70? Regards, Homesteader.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Zastava LK M70 - 06/23/11
I had one several years ago. The stock left me unimpressed. The metalwork was quite good and it would shoot well.
Posted By: Borealis Bob Re: Zastava LK M70 - 06/23/11
A bud has one (30-06) in the Remington version and it is a decent value. Action was a bit rough at first, but smoothed out nicely. He offered to let me take it as a second rifle to Botswana and I had enough confidence in it to gladly accept the offer.
Posted By: baldguy Re: Zastava LK M70 - 06/23/11
Is thier a importer of these rifles/actions into the USA? If so how can they be contacted.
Posted By: DaSakoMan Re: Zastava LK M70 - 06/23/11
Originally Posted by Homesteader
Gus_K; just checked out their web-site. Some nice stuff showing. I have a Remington M798 from when they did business with Zastava...not too shabby. From whom "way down south" did you purchase your 7mm Mauser LKM70? Regards, Homesteader.

Homesteader,
I am actually in Australia, and Beretta Australia is importing these. Trying to source a new 7x57 (not made from am ex-mil action) is hard. I tried to get Winchester Aust. to bring in a CZ550 in 7x57 but they wouldnt - why its beyond me.
The LKM70 cost me $600 new. I have put a few coats of Tru Oil: turpentine (1:1 mix) over the factory finish and this has given it a bit more protection. The inletting was quite shabby, but some coarse sandpaper, followed by fine sorted it out. I sealed the bare wood (inletting ) with some tru oil too. Its now off to the gunsmith to get a scope mounted and then range time to run in the barrel. As long as it can shoot groups under 2 inches that should suit my needs - being purely a hunting gun at that.

Gus
Posted By: Homesteader Re: Zastava LK M70 - 06/24/11
Gus_K - "Australia" you say? That certainly qualifies for "way down south"...I thought Alabama or Texas. Thanks for the information... Regards, Homesteader.
© 24hourcampfire