Home
My first generation Remington Ti .308 sits in a McMillian Hunter's Edge stock with black paint, 13.5 LOP, stainless studs with a PT&G machined aluminum trigger guard. Talley rings hold a Leupold 2.5-8x36 with B&C reticle.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1st Gen 30/06, Talley Lightweights, Aluminum Trigger Guard, sitting in a Brown Precision stock and now wearing a Leupold VXII 2-7x33.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1st 3 shot group at 100yds, 165 NBT+61grs H4831

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
700 Ti Alaskan in .280 Rem. wearing Leupy 3.5-10x40 Vari-X III

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am embarrassed to show a pic of mine, it is beat, stock is worn smooth and I have killed a boat load of stuff with it.
This is the only picture I have - its the one on the right.
Alaskan Ti, 25-06, Leupold 3x9x40 Mark 2 scope with LRD.

Attached picture 3x Flutes IMG_0276.JPG
A short time before they were discontinued I bought a brand new Old Ti in .260 for $1100. Sold off the barrel,stock, j-lock assembly, bolt handle, and ADL parts for $600 believe it or not. Got the action for $500. Used it for my Kampfeld Custom .358 Win. 7 lbs even all up including 5 rds of 250 gr RN's sling etc... with a Lilja #3 at 19.5" and Mcm Edge Mod 7 stock. Though I've just sold the stock and am turning it back into an ADL currently.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 358Thumper
A short time before they were discontinued I bought a brand new Old Ti in .260 for $1100. Sold off the barrel,stock, j-lock assembly, bolt handle, and ADL parts for $600 believe it or not. Got the action for $500. Used it for my Kampfeld Custom .358 Win. 7 lbs even all up including 5 rds of 250 gr RN's sling etc... with a Lilja #3 at 19.5" and Mcm Edge Mod 7 stock. Though I've just sold the stock and am turning it back into an ADL currently.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shame on you for the dismembering of the .260 Ti!

WOW! .358 Win Ti, that is an awesome, awesome rifle.

Mine's long gone. Was a 30-06, bedded, aluminum shroud, and my custom camo.

The only pic I have of it.....

[Linked Image]
You suck.......................

grin

All I can do is slum a couple Faux Tis...and no stone sheep.... frown
7-08
McM mountain edge
Broughton #3 at 22"
Gretan pin assembly
Zeiss 2-10x42 in Talleys

[Linked Image]
High Country, don't be embarassed. A well worn often used rifle is a thing to cherish. Ah, the memories.
Originally Posted by high_country_
I am embarrassed to show a pic of mine, it is beat, stock is worn smooth and I have killed a boat load of stuff with it.

Nothing to be embarrassed about with a well worn rifle. It would definitely have more character than some of these pristine samples!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Same gun different stock.

My faux TI,

[Linked Image]
What exactly is a "faux Ti" ???

I must be the slow one in the class...
The 140 grain Hornady SST Superformance in my .270 Ti is a deadly combo...
[Linked Image]
The Kahles AH 3-9x42 with the TDS reticle don't hurt either.
Originally Posted by bellydeep
What exactly is a "faux Ti" ???

I must be the slow one in the class...
A Faux TI is a rifle (Rem 700) that has been set up using many parts that either are from a TI or are the same sizes as a TI.

In the case of my Faux TI, I used a TI stock, had the bolt spiral fluted.

The only difference is I used a regular SS action.
I've used this gal like crazy since I picked it up in 2006. It's a stock Gen I 700 TI in 300 shamwow. It now runs a M1 elevation turret on the same abused VXIII 2.5-8x36.

Even though it's light weight it's made a few of my best shots on bucks, bulls and bear.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shame on you for the dismembering of the .260 Ti!

WOW! .358 Win Ti, that is an awesome, awesome rifle.

Thanks! At that time the market was flooded with 260's and the rest of the cals were hard to find. Turned out to be a good choice as that's how I was able to get $225 for just the barrel alone.You could still sell barrels on ebay then.I don't think any other barrel would have brought even $100. Those pencil 260 barrels seem to command quite a price. Now where is an old ti 260 when I want a 260 though.
Originally Posted by ingwe
You suck.......................
grin

grin

Originally Posted by Tom264
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I hope you went from camo to black...........
Here's mine:
[Linked Image]

I swapped out the wart & bedded the lug, but otherwise she's an as-issued Ti in 7mm-08, sporting a Leupold 2-7x in Talleys. The moose fell victim to a couple of 120TSX's.
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Here's mine:
[Linked Image]

I swapped out the wart & bedded the lug, but otherwise she's an as-issued Ti in 7mm-08, sporting a Leupold 2-7x in Talleys. The moose fell victim to a couple of 120TSX's.

Dan,
gee - lucky you had the rifle on hand - wouldnt like to tackle that monster with your knife!!!

Good shooting there.
Gus
1st Gen. Ti,7-08,Callahan shroud, Rick Bin painted Ti stock.

[Linked Image]
Faux Ti 30-06

700 LSS Mountain Rifle 30-06 22" Donor
Campfire member new take-off Ti ADL stock
Midway Trigger guard and new ADL screws
ADL box mag
Gre-Tan firing pin assembly
Rifle Basix 1.5-3 trigger
Talley low rings
Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 matte

[Linked Image]

Just need to flute the bolt and add some stainless swivel studs then done. Darn I have to get the bolt off to Karl.

Ken
Originally Posted by passport
Originally Posted by Tom264
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I hope you went from camo to black...........
I did...
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Here's mine:
[Linked Image]

I call BS... you can't kill a moose with a 7-08.
[Linked Image]

There's a pair of them.....

Oh wait, those aren't varmint rifles laugh

[Nomex flight suit on]
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
The 140 grain Hornady SST Superformance in my .270 Ti is a deadly combo...
[Linked Image]
The Kahles AH 3-9x42 with the TDS reticle don't hurt either.

Now that's a scope! Have you ever weighed this setup?
Here are a few. I keep them all looking the similar so my wife thinks I only have one laugh

Top: Ti, .30-06, Factory Stock, ADL , Leupold 3.5-10x40
Middle: Ti, .270, McMillan Edge Mtn Rifle, BDL , Leupold 3.5-10x40
Bottom: Alaskan Ti, 300WSM, McMillan Edge Classic, BDL , Leupold 2.5-8x36

[Linked Image]
Sorry for the bad pics, but I am a much better shot with a rifle rather than a camera. This is my Ti, it is a 280 AI and was worked over by Jerry Simison in Detroit Lakes. It is topped with a 3-9x36 Swaro. It is by far my favorite rifle that I have ever owned. Time to sell off my 257 bob Kimber Montana as this rifle will do everything better.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Yes 358Thumper, that's my favorite scope. Got one on my ULA too. I want a couple more of them with the TDS reticle like the two I have. I think they're perfect.

I seem to weigh everything... The 270 with the Kahles weighs 6 lb, 5 oz.
I bought it with a Barnes muzzle brake on it & immediately picked up another barrel but haven't needed it as the brake doesn't bother me & it shoots good for me.
Hey Steven,

that looks like it should be my next Ti...
let me know when you're ready to part with it!

I won't hold my breath.

Jeff
Jeff,

Get in line. My FFL that you talked with is the one who sold it to me and he tries to get it from me each time I stop in his shop. It is a very nice rifle and I am lucky to have it.

270 Ti Edge

[Linked Image]
I didnt realize the Edge took that much weight off compared to the TI stock.

I have an aluminum FPA/triggerguard and mine comes in right at 6lbs .03 oz. with a Leupold 2.5x8 and DD's.......I dont imagine the DD's are that many ounces heavier than the Talley Lightweights making mine that much heavier than your guys.
Yeah, I have no problem with the original Ti stock but the Mickey Edge does knock off a few ounces.
Sounds like accumalated weight Tom, stock a little heavier, bottom metal and Leupold DD's. Looks like TiLug changed the firing pin assembly also.
Rem Ti/Edge with new Rock #3 SS in '06:
[Linked Image]

Weighs 6lbs,6oz less sling.
GreTan FP Assy, Alum TG, and 1st gen Mark X trigger. Extra Low Talleys w/Leupold FXII 6x36.

MtnHtr
[Linked Image]

I would sell my blood before I would part with mine. She is 06. Mine was on clerance $899 when I bought it. Thy had a 300RSM and a .308. I wish I had bought the 308 as well. I have a 700ADL that will be a Faux some day.
This is an old thread I'd like to see more of. I really enjoyed the show us your rem model sevens thread. anyway here are a few close to original.
[Linked Image]
Why did remington quit making these?
Haven't even scoped it yet. Thinking about a Swaro Z3 3.5-10x42 or a VX3 3.5-10x40.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ti 270
Graphite black cerracoat
Krylon webbing
PTG wart removal
Leupold 6x42 cds
I like the black look. I have a faux ti from redhawk in 300 SAUM that will shoot 1/2" @ 100 with 180 accubonds. I was thinking about getting it coated black. They do a black finish as well but its kinda pricey.
Originally Posted by laker

Why didn't they make any in the Model 7 acton?

Originally Posted by irfubar
PTG wart removal

Plastic Trigger Guard = PTG?
Pacific Tool and Gauge

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/about.htm
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH the J-lock wart! Duh, thx KDK

When I had mine apart I cut it down so that it acts as a cocking indicator.

[Linked Image]

But this is the best custom shroud I've seen.

[Linked Image]
+1 on the titanium sevens but that would make too much sense and now you can't even get them in ss. WTF big green?
Originally Posted by laker

Too much demand...
Here is the Ti that gets no love - Alaskan Ti in 25-06.
I like it:)

[Linked Image]
1st Generation Ti 7mm-08 dropped into a McMillan Edge Mtn Rifle stock and cerakoted graphite black.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Really nice pic and rifle FO.
scull camo
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maxxguard finish which cool
Originally Posted by KDK
Haven't even scoped it yet. Thinking about a Swaro Z3 3.5-10x42 or a VX3 3.5-10x40.

[Linked Image]

What caliber did you find there sir?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ok, that's just awesome!
Originally Posted by predmaster223
Originally Posted by KDK

[Linked Image]

It's a pre-.280 (AKA .270 Winchester). Just need to get a scope mounted up, and shoot the crap out of it so I can justify a rebarrel.
Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by predmaster223
Originally Posted by KDK

[Linked Image]

It's a pre-.280 (AKA .270 Winchester). Just need to get a scope mounted up, and shoot the crap out of it so I can justify a rebarrel.

Trade you my first born and a cracked fungo bat for it?
Trade you a Kimber Montana and Dans first born for it laugh
You'll get the business end of the fungo Tanner!
What, you want my coolest rifle AND I have to raise your kid? smile
Ha, I was wondering how this was going to be a good deal for you!

Wait, a 270 is your COOLEST rifle! Blasphemy!
Originally Posted by irfubar
[Linked Image]
Ti 270
Graphite black cerracoat
Krylon webbing
PTG wart removal
Leupold 6x42 cds

Sexiest, most useful rig on the planet! Lovin' it wink
I think its drinking too much of that Jack Daniels in the background that makes you want to have sex with your rifle!

Ha, I'd probably do it too.
Originally Posted by Dan360
Wait, a 270 is your COOLEST rifle! Blasphemy!

Yeah, maybe my .300 H&H is cooler, or maybe my CZ Rigby...

That Featherweight you sent my way is pretty cool, too.
Next time I see you, I'll show you something I got that's pretty cool.
Cool, Dan. You seem to come up with some pretty amaxing stuff.
I've been window shopping for one for a while. Figured I'd just screw a 338-06 barrel on it and have McMillan stock it and pretty much have the ultimate backcountry elk and mulie rifle.
© 24hourcampfire