Home
Posted By: elkivory CZ Model 3...any good ?? - 07/30/11
Someone claimed these were made by montana rifle co. (??) Any experience with these first or second hand ?
1st hand.......can be a pain in the azz. Think 8mmwapiti had one also.

It is an MRC 1999 action. The actions used were potentially sub-par. I had zero lug engagement on one side and minimal on the other. Huge issues with accuracy. They eventually fixed it, rebarreled and trued action.

I would test drive it if at all possible.
Posted By: mudhen Re: CZ Model 3...any good ?? - 07/30/11
I had one in .300 WSM that was a tack driver once it was bedded. I hunted with it for a couple of years and took one big bull elk with it. However, I decided that it was too heavy for a short magnum and traded it off. Every once in a while, I wish that I hadn't...
Posted By: Tejano Re: CZ Model 3...any good ?? - 07/30/11
Wish I had picked up a Lefty when I could have. I had the typical reaction, heavy for a short action, metal work rough on some, and something about the angle of the pistol grip looked wrong.

All of those things could be easily fixed and for a few more bucks some weight can be taken off the action. I wish I had taken the plunge when they were priced right.

To build the same thing on the MR action now would be almost twice the price.
Posted By: geedubya Re: CZ Model 3...any good ?? - 07/30/11
One can do a google search for the CZ 03. Several hits will come up. Here is one. I had originally heard that it was a collaberation around 2003 between CZ and MRC.

http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/topic/11988/CZUSA-Model-3#.TjREY4Ks99s

I had one I purchased used. As were many, mine was chambered in the 300 WSM. I got it cheap. It shot my go to 300 wsm loads right about 1" at 100 yds, which in my book is acceptable for a light rifle of this type. It did seem like the recoil on this particular rifle was more noticeable than my Kimber's or my Winchester mod. 70 surpergrade. Most likely the thin pad. Had an offer for more than I paid for it. I decided it was hard to lose by making a profit, so I let it follow someone else home.
love mine!
© 24hourcampfire