Home
Posted By: Badley Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
Im pickin up my "Big Stick" in the morning. Called the smith and he said its ready freddie. Feels just like Christmas Eve. Soon as the short bus picks up my kids in the morning im off.
Cool, better post some pics.....
Posted By: kawi Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
OK A 20 langth stick of 40 PVC?
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Cool, better post some pics.....

+1
Posted By: safariman Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
And, WHAT, pray tell, are you reffereing to as being your "Big Stick?" Getting a new 'joy stick' sewn on behind your zipper, perhaps? A new decorative tree for your yard? A new ceiling beam for your cabin? Some kind of fishing pole? You leave much to speculation and conjuncture here, which is not usually a good or safe bet with this crowd........
Posted By: Badley Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
Just got back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: McCray Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
I'm not sure 7mm anything qualifies as "Big" but it looks good!

Congrats!
I was gonna say that, and add in "Anything WSM" as well but I like Kimbers so much I withheld the sarcasm. Looks like a fine hunting rifle, for sure. What make barrel? Who screwed it up, I mean TOGETHER for you smile
What kind of glass are you going to put on it? Probable bullet/load? What game do you hope or plan to pursue with it? For whitetail deer and such, maybe a 28 wissum IS a 'big stick' qualifier.
Big Stick, is in reference to the promoter of this round and rifle pairing.
Well I plan for to be a "kill all" rifle. Elk are on the agenda this fall as well as Deer, hogs, and what ever else gets the trigger finger flenching.

Its a Hart twisted a 1-9 screwed on by Matt Parry in Vici, Oklahoma. I have a Leup VX3 4-14 AO with M1's for now. Hopes are to run 168s with IMR 7828. Im thinkin about tinkering with some 180's too.
Sounds like you are on the right track with many of the components. Hope you get lots of blood on it. Glad you didn't react overly to the kiddin. Good luck and good hunting.
BTW, there IS medicine out there for "flenching finger syndrome"
Ya, If i could just get my doctor to prescribe hunting tags. That way it would all be tax deductable.
Originally Posted by Badley
Big Stick, is in reference to the promoter of this round and rifle pairing.
........Well if you`re going to nickname your rifle "after" or in "honor of" the promoter of this round and rifle pairing as you say,,,then why not just go all the way and go for some real gusto?

In the "Long Range Hunting" section, find the thread called,,,,"Let`s see the Lightweight Long Range Rigs" and take a look at page 14.

You can turn that new Kimber of yours into something really special with a similar looking color scheme, of which I`m sure would highly compliment "the man and the promoter."............. laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
A Kimber 7 WSM, very nice! Enjoy.
I have seen the Rocktucky... it shines.
Posted By: rdd Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
What does the rifle weigh with the new Hart?
Posted By: southwind Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/06/11
Very nice, the 168's should get you out there a long way. I would be curious what kind of velocity you will be able to get with that round/bullet and rifle combo. If you can get it up around 2900 fps you should be able to shoot from Waynoka and hit a deer at Fort Supply.

Keep us posted.
I have seen the Rocktucky... it shines.
.............Get your spray paint ready then...Turn that Kimber into a rifle that belongs on an ice cream truck or in a circus.

A few pinks, yellows, reds, whites, and oranges here and there and you`ll be all set and ready to go.
Did you dupe the factory contour or open up the channel for a bigger barrel? That last pic almost looks like a bigger contour.
Yep, sent the barrel to hart and they duped the factory contour. Took it down to the meat market and it weighed in at 6.28 lbs.
Theres only room for one Rocktucky...Ill stick with my boring factoryish color scheme.
Theres only room for one Rocktucky...Ill stick with my boring factoryish color scheme.
.......Doggin out uh???

C`mon man! You can have that wonderful paint work done and then ship your rifle to him for his autograph etched on the floorplate somewhere.

That would "automatically" double the value of your rifle.

A Big/Stickboxer valued piece of art work. Kinda like a Van Goooooooooooo.
Just got back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm sorry.......
Admitting it is half the battle...
For 1/2 the price an accurate rifle can be had.
No doubt, I have accurate rifles that cost half as much. But I wasn't going for just an accurate rifle. I was going for this rifle.

Originally Posted by Swampman700

Yeah,...it's called a Savage.!

Nice Rifle Badley. Somebody local(OK) do it..?
Posted By: Badley Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Yes, Matt Parry from Vici, OK.
Very nice, Badley! You found a way to get that 7WSM Montucky you wanted! wink
Posted By: kawi Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Yes very nice. Dang
Posted By: 406_SBC Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Veddy nice!
very nice
Posted By: Badley Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Thanks. I need to get with you on a knife.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Man I love those Kimbers!
Originally Posted by Swampman700

You're such a class act... when someone introduces you to their wife, do you respond with: "Gee, couldn't you find a pretty one?"
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
No doubt, I have accurate rifles that cost half as much. But I wasn't going for just an accurate rifle. I was going for this rifle.

Nice rifle Badley! Good for you....screw what anyone else says,and get what you want.

Nice conversion and the Hart just enhances things, as any great custom barrel usually does. wink
Posted By: mathman Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Hart barrels are better than factory Remingtons? grin
Posted By: SEdge Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
You Think?
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/07/11
Could it be....? shocked
Posted By: Badley Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/10/11
This is kind sobbering. Im so glad I did not click submit on my responses to his jabbing. While I never really found my self siding with him or his opinion on any topics, I respected his right to voice them.

May God grant grace to his family in their time of loss.

Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
To the Forum,

Hello. My name is Tom. I am a longtime down the street neighbor, a longtime close personal friend and was one of his shooting and hunting buddies.

It is with extreme sadness and difficulty tonight, that I report to this forum, that John (Big Squeeze) passed away late this morning Oct 9 at approximately 11am PDT. He was 59 years of age.

Yesterday, he and I had gone to the range. On the way home I invited him over to have dinner with me and my wife. Just before we had finished dinner at about 7:30pm, all of a sudden he began to complain of extreme pain to his head. He soon collapsed and lost total consciousness.

Paramedics were called right away and within a few minutes they arrived. Upon leaving for the hospital he still had a pulse. The wife and I were at the hospital all into the night and well into this morning. At about 11:05 this morning the terrible news had come. The doctors said that he never regained consciousness and died at about 11am.

This is an absolute shock. At 6'3" 235-240 lbs, John had great physical strength, was fit, ate healthy and didn`t even look his age at all. I told the doctor that he never complained of any head issues. Until the autopsy results are final, it appears to the doctors that a major brain anuryism of some kind had occurred.

I did tell the doctor that he had been in martial arts since a youngster, taught martial arts for years and taught even up to this day. Could that have caused this I asked. I never saw any trauma to his head in all the years I`ve known him. The doctors said that the autopsy will have the final say and that it was too soon to speculate.

His daughter whom I know and contacted last night along with his sister, brother in law and a niece were at his bedside.

His daughter asked me if I would make all the computer contacts necessary and gave to me his password if I needed it. John logged onto this Fire forum many times while I was over at his house which allowed me to log on and report this terrible news.

He is survived by his daughter (30) who ironically is expecting in late Nov near his birthday. A grandchild he will never see. He is also survived by an older sister, a brother in law, 2 nephews, a niece, and by many many friends.

Funeral arrangements are pending. His daughter mentioned that he will be buried next to his son Erik whom I knew well who died in Sept 2005. Even more ironic, his late son`s birthdate was on Oct 9.

After the funeral and the final autopsy results are in, I will log in on a later date and inform everyone about the details.

Thank you,

Tom
shocked RIP Squeeze.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Pickin up my "Big Stick" - 10/10/11
Her's a "Big Stick" that's bigger than your Big Stick.. grin

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire