Home
I am interested in changing the wood stocks on my Rem 760 to synthetic. What are your recommendations or suggestions regarding quality, value, overall weight of the different brands available? Looking forward to your comments.
Since my 760's are iron sighted guns, and need a low comb, I went with some of Reminton's synthetic shotgun stocks, which fit me quite well.
I seem to recall that Remington has some high comb synthetic stocks for the 760. You migh ask them about this. E
Those Remington syn. stocks for the pumps sound like a Base Drum when they touch anything . B&C made some nice stocks for them at one time . I don't know if they're still making them or not . They were a little heavier than the hollow ones , but they were quiet and solid .
Dean,

There is a listing for a new B&C Rem. 760 stock and forearm set on ebay right now. It's listed at 149.95 w/free shipping. I've been debating buying one of these sets for my 760. Only thing holding me back is my 760 has the receiver which has the scalloped at the back. Don't know if this stock set would fit it.
They will fit your gun just fine !
I have searched the B&C website and also the Ram-Line site. Ram-Line claims to be 1/2 the weight of wood stock but B&C doesn't offer any claims to their weight. Does anyone have any info for the B&C stocks. The Remington factory synthetic stocks have a monte-carlo style cheek piece which I do not like as I only use peep sights on my 760 carbine. Are there any other options which I can access here in Canada?
Hi DeanA, You are mistaken. Remington does offer a synthetic stock without the monte carlo cheek piece.
[Linked Image]
I don't know the model number but if you're really interested you can PM me and I'll give you my order information as I've ordered 2 this year. The 20 ga Special Field pictured has a Remington Synthetic stock thats been painted and is interchangable with the pump above.
DMc
I'm pretty sure that's what I have on my 760. E

Bell & Carlson Carbelite Classic stock is what you want. Works well with iron sights and scopes in low rings and low bases...

P/N #6628-___ Remington Model 742/7400
Fits current model action, all calibers, modifications on forearm cap
due to variations may be necessary, metal sleeve from wood forearm
will not be necessary, BDL requires purchase of forearm cap.

P/N #6618-___ Remington Model 760 Post-81
Fits current model action - all calibers.

P/N #6648-___ Remington Model 760 Pre-81
Fits all calibers.

P/N #6618-___ Remington Model 6/7600
Fits current model action, all calibers.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Right here on Stockeys site, Dean_A:

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-12/remington-browning-bar-7400/Detail

Many camo patterns to choose from, also available in black.

For 760 you need #6648: Remington 760 Pre '81 Carbine; all calibers

[Linked Image]

I wish the internets was around when I bought my 7600 with walnut stock. Ah well, the dings and nicks give it character, I guess!
Originally Posted by US_Patriot

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

That 760 looks amazingly light! Be great for a tree stand, float it up there....
I went with the Ramline synthetic stock, modified for a higher comb (changed the angle), cut bbl to 18.25", Leupold 1-4x20, no iron sights, 6 lbs 12 oz unloaded. It's light and has good balance.

Attached picture 760.jpg
© 24hourcampfire