Home
Saw a super clean Sako Finnwolf in 308 Win with a cheap Bushnell scope on it for $1199...........seems real high to me!
Yeah, $800 would be on the high side.
Then make a lower offer and see what happens..

You've done this before, haven't you?
Posted By: DMc Re: Sako Finnwolf Price Check !!! - 10/30/11
Ummm.. a Finnwolf in very good condition starts at about 1200. Check Gun Broker.
Nothing like paying a Euro/Dollar exchange premium. Nice rifles to be sure. I've owned a 75 Deluxe and an 85 Hunter. They were nice but I never quite bonded with them. Is the Finnwolf a collectable?
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Then make a lower offer and see what happens..

You've done this before, haven't you?

Not interested............just caught my eye!!!
Actually probably a fair price if in good shape, always wanted one when I was younger, even though I had only seen pictures, never saw one in person.
Price sounds very fair. I've seen them go higher.
Posted By: DMc Re: Sako Finnwolf Price Check !!! - 10/30/11
Sako�s adulteration occurred in 1972 with this:
[Linked Image]
Located on the bottom of the barrel in front of the forend.
Seems pretty average price for the few I've seen for sale. I did see one at Cabela's for $2700. eek
Fair price...
Blue Book can often be behind the market, but the 30th Ed. has the Finnwolf at $895 in perfect, 100% condition with 15% premium for early model with 4 shot mag.

DF

Edit for spelling correction.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Sako Finnwolf Price Check !!! - 11/01/11
Yep, this Sako Lever Action is fairly scarce, impossible to find magazines for, complicated to work on, and desirable as hell... will bring more than the asking price if condition is as stated.
Originally Posted by DMc
Ummm.. a Finnwolf in very good condition starts at about 1200. Check Gun Broker.

I agree. This is the finest lever ever. They stopped making them what almost 40 years ago? Good luck finding a really good one.
Mine is an unfired one in 308 Win and I would not part with it with less than $1.5K, then again I do not need to sell it. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Just curious, but what makes them superior to a Winchester Model 88. They sure look similar, but there must be some differences.
Saw one selling on Canadiangunnutz.com, described as "test-fired only, as new." Price $1850.00
Not everyone's cup of tea, but they are highly sought after rifles, very few come on the market at all.
Originally Posted by orion03
Just curious, but what makes them superior to a Winchester Model 88. They sure look similar, but there must be some differences.

In my opinion Sako was always and will always be a top notch quality rifle. The Finnwolf has a superb trigger and is very accurate.
Was wondering about the trigger on them, the 88's leave a lot to be desired.
Mine breaks at 2.5 lbs from the factory.
You let me know if you want to sell that rig. I've got a kid or two I can easily let go for that rifle..
My pal had one in .243. He decided to disassemble and really clean it. Of course, he couldn't put it back together and none of the area smiths would touch it. Rifle had to be shipped to the midwest for repair. He sold the rifle. Parts are now very difficult to find. Jim Lutes was my source for everything for Sako Finnwolf rifles, mounts,magazines and firing pins mostly, but he is now done. Beretta sucks!
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Saw a super clean Sako Finnwolf in 308 Win with a cheap Bushnell scope on it for $1199...........seems real high to me!

I always wondered which was uglier and more complex Sako Finnwolf or Winchester Model 88?
Get nice vintage Savage 1899 and never look back.
I disagree. I have owned plenty of 1899's. While a great lever it is not the same as the Sako.
Posted By: jpb Re: Sako Finnwolf Price Check !!! - 11/10/11
Originally Posted by orion03
Was wondering about the trigger on them, the 88's leave a lot to be desired.

At various ranges over the years, I can recall shooting three 88's and two of the Sako lever rifles.

Not much of a sample size, but both Sako's were worlds better than the three Winchester 88's.

One of the 88's was really, really bad but, to be fair, that particular rifle was really filthy and perhaps only needed somebody to remove the mud and pine needles from the action.

I do NOT know if any of these rifles had their triggers worked on.

John
© 24hourcampfire