Home
I usually deal with jerrys sport center, but they do not sell Kimber.
I know of none. I had to buy mine on Gunbroker. I think you have to be a Kimber dealer. Sako is the same way. I am pretty sure the minimum order from Sako is $20,000. After the newness wore off, my 3 Montana's just seemed expendable. So they are gone.I get some stuff through Jerry's or one of their outlets but their shipping is HIGH. I get most of my stuff through Zanders now as they don't charge shipping if you get over $750 worth of merchandise. $15 if the order is smaller. Jerry's shipping on handguns can be $40 for 1 handgun. They also will not ship accessories with long guns. I ordered 1 Savage rifle from them a few weeks ago and some rings. 2 packages and $28.
None. Kimber sells direct to dealers who become authorized by placing a large order.
Thanks guys. No wonder I can't find a distributor. I do get a Zanders flier once in a while, but have not purchased from them.
Why not support your local dealer? That's what the system is set up for?
That's how people get paid.That's how companies stay in business.Would you want somebody cutting a DEAL BEHIND YOUR BACK AND CLIPPING INTO YOUR PAYCHECK?
What's a couple bucks when you're getting a good product and a thanks from a shop owner?
Originally Posted by rifle
That's how people get paid.That's how companies stay in business.Would you want somebody cutting a DEAL BEHIND YOUR BACK AND CLIPPING INTO YOUR PAYCHECK?
What's a couple bucks when you're getting a good product and a thanks from a shop owner?

I have an FFL. You cannot buy from a distributor without an FFL, so what are you talking about? Anymore stupid comments?

No offense, but you are off base.

maybe, like me, he has an AZZhole for a local dealer.

The only guy around here that sells kimbers is a snob that married into one of the wealthier families. The other local guys cant sell enough Kimbers to get into the program direct so they have to pay a higher price from a secondary dist.
at that price they cant turn the rifles for a high enuf profit to be competitive with online sellers.

Buy it online and pay the transfer to the FFL you like, chances are he's making more on the transfer fee than he would on the kimber.

The local guys here that have Steyr rifles want $988 new for a standard prohunter.
WTF would I buy a $1000 rifle from a local guy that I could get for $700 on gunbroker?
i dont have $300 to throw away on your delicate principals of local economics.
Fk em.
Its a system.
If they dealers wanted to sell rifles they need to promote rifles.
Thats why You even know WTF a Kimber is...
It isnt the quality of the rifle, thats for sure.
Kimber is where Kimber is because of 1 thing and 1 thing only.

FULL PAGE COLOR GLOSSY ADS.

You think a Kimber outshoots a Steyr?
No, wait...
A Tikka?
No... A SAVAGE?
Really?

America is a consumer that has to be told what to buy. If dealers wanted to sell a product they would learn about it, promote it and sell it.
Sales isnt pointing to a ticket on the trigger guard. Sales is knowing the product and being able to relay to the potential consumer the Features, Advantages and Benifits of one item over the next.
And the sad fact is that gun stores dont have salesmen they have clerks. So, they dont sell them, they sell whatever the gun rag tells the customer he needs.
+1 Ringworm

I get sick of azzholes whine about internet sales and buying locally.

Why should I buy from a local deal when he expects me to pay for his retirement from one purchase. Same reason I don't buy from Gander Mtn even though they employ locals.

Plus the last thing I want to do is get advice from some dealers and their employees.
Selling Kimbers is a problem for the small dealers. Kimber wants an inital order of $16,500 to be a dealer. Subsequent orders must exceed $2000 per order. That in it's self isn't too bad, but then someone comes in and wants something you don't have in stock at a discount price, so you have to order 1 or 2 additional guns to fill that order. Soon you have a rack full of expensive Kimbers and a lot of money tied up, not drawing any interest, and getting cussed by customers for trying to rip them off with your prices.

It usually comes from someone with deep pockets and I am more holy than you attitude.

Like I said, I have an FFL, and you can't buy from a distributor without one, so I don't get the buy it local chit. I sure as hell don't have the cash to become a dealer, so that is why I asked what distributors carry Kimber- hoping to get a small discount.

I guess if I had enough money to shoot a horse with stripes, I could always buy from a local dude.
Well, you boys should learn Chinese...buy your trucks from Mexico
bitch about your taxes and the rest of the country...

Why are you guys so much against a local shop? Do you think a brick-front pops out of a damn box? A company and it's worker got paid to build it? Truck drivers got paid to deliver products.
As far as a holy attitude,yea I beleive in the Bible....
and yes,I work damn hard for my money...All you boys got a job to go to today?
your a communist.
I have no obligation to spend my money in an establishment that is not willing to meet my needs.
You want me to support the "mom and pop" based up on thier need for my buisness.

Please explain to me exactly what percentage of my dollar should i forfit to allow a buisness to continue based on no other reason that its proximity to me.

If i can buy X for $700 but I chose to buy it local for $1000 , whats the extra $300 for?

Thats called charity.
I give none and I dont ask for any.

I guess you must print your own money...or live on a Trust account?
you just don't get it.

as far as a communist,kiss my American ass...
My entire family is US military,some retired,some dead...
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

It usually comes from someone with deep pockets and I am more holy than you attitude.

Like I said, I have an FFL, and you can't buy from a distributor without one, so I don't get the buy it local chit. I sure as hell don't have the cash to become a dealer, so that is why I asked what distributors carry Kimber- hoping to get a small discount.

I guess if I had enough money to shoot a horse with stripes, I could always buy from a local dude.

So you're an FFL but you're not a dealer? That really limits your choices of distributors to go through as many of them are no longer selling to basement bandits and other FFL holders unless they have an actual brick and mortor store front. The actual dealers are the ones keeping the companies and the distributors in business, not the guy in his basement selling cheap to his buddies. The respectable distributors are not selling to you guys so you're left with places like Jerry's that will sell to anyone with a pulse, at least until the gun makers stop selling to them.
Well said...
I get that for some reason you think "buy local" means "get good service/ quality/ price".

When it comes to spending my money I have 1 concern. To get the most I can for every red cent I spend.

if the local shops want my buisness they are going to have to earn it. If they cant compete in pricing they have to increase service and support.
Wow. A man asks a simple question on where to purchase a rifle. Same man gets flamed for not buying locally when we don't even know if that's a option(it isn't a option here). Then same man gets insulted for even having a ffl?....sounds like teenage girls that are fat and don't like the pretty girl cause she's pretty...lol.
Hey cabelas has some nice stuff on sale but we shouldn't buy it.....if it's no local.
So you're an FFL but you're not a dealer?

Asshat, (no name calling), I'm not a Kimber dealer. That's all i said. Basement bandits? So, would you like to limit who the [bleep] gets an FFL and who doesn't? I am sure there is a job for you in Washington.

There are plenty of small towns and out of the way places that rely on basement bandits. How the [bleep] do you know who I sell to? How do you know if I have a shop, or not. "Basement bandits" get inspected by the ATF folks just like everyone else.

respectable distributors? Do you know who they are? I got news for you, distributors need to make money too, as long as the transaction is legal.

Have you tried to get an FFL? You have to show you have a damn business. Big or small. It doesn't matter. This is America for chris sake.

So, because I don't have 17K for an initial order, I am a basement bandit?
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Wow. A man asks a simple question on where to purchase a rifle. Same man gets flamed for not buying locally when we don't even know if that's a option(it isn't a option here). Then same man gets insulted for even having a ffl?....sounds like teenage girls that are fat and don't like the pretty girl cause she's pretty...lol.

I see you caught that!
Hey cabelas has some nice stuff on sale but we shouldn't buy it.....if it's no local.

Bahahahahahah

Thanks man.
It just seems a strange place to come to for advice on buying wholesale from a manufacturer, from someone who posses to be in the industry? Should one not know his business?
Do distributors protect their dealers? I'm betting they do,they will protect their investments as well. That's how Kimber backs up their dealer network by supporting them,so they can support their customers.It's a good product with no need to be whored out on the street..or basement.
Price is not always the most important feature of a gun.

I wonder where our bankers get their advice from? or maybe my Doctor? strange..

Ringworn..I think I can figure out why gun shops may NOT want your business....

Ringworn..I think I can figure out why gun shops may NOT want your business....

yeah , cause i dont back in the door w/ my panties around my ankles.

one day you may wake up and realize that not everyone has a local shop that is worth a chit, nor do we all have an income level that allows us buy regardless of the price.

So check your rolex, zebra boy. Times are tough for many of us. we cant just afford to pay mom and pop 20% over so they can have hot coffee and a current copy of African Hunter on the teak coffee tables when we come to warm our AMEX.
[Linked Image]

The man who owns the shop i do my buisness in lives accross the street. He sells dogfood and cooks egg and bologna sandwichs in the back to make ends meet.

He probably hasnt seen 17K bucks a year much less an initial order.
Your statements make you appear to be a fence sitter,complain of prices and then how to get the cheapest price,but yet promote Steyr...?
Is that only because of a "deal" If you have a dealer so bad,why even return?
But.that's not what this is all about... It about someone back-dooring a deal on a good product,trying to enlist an entronage of others in muffing the system...Sounds the same as the 1% not paying their share of taxes...such a hypercritic

what does steyr have to do with it. I paid $625 for my last one. Thats the problem with rich boy snobs. They think that VALUE equates to spending a lot of money.
If I were buying a Blaser i still want a good deal.
Just because i want value doesnt make me cheap.

whats wrong? You worried about some country boy shooting a steyr?
what you want is everyone to buy accoriding to thier income level?
I shouldnt buy Steyr becasue I'm not rich? I should just buy savage or howa and let the upper crust shoot the steyrs and blasers, huh?

Even us poor country boys know how to have a good time. Catchin trout with bread dough. to cheap to buy bait. Guess since I dont fly fish i am not really a trout fisherman, huh?
Hey whats that? Nah, Must be a fake. Noone would wear one of those fishing.
You just dont get it. The pride of ownership in quality things doesnt negate one as thrifty.
[Linked Image]

Dont worry? your Lexus is safe. I drive a Ford truck.
There's the rub.. I drive a Chevy truck, so does my wife?
That has NOTHING to do with my statement of conducting business in a supportive,productive and profitable manner for all parties concerned.
RETAIL works by someone taking a chance of investing in a future,building a brick foundition,advertizing,hiring employees,PAYING them as much as possible,training,insurance,ATF or a governing body and selling their product at A PROFIT!
Back door deals cut the sap...

PEOPLE get thru life by one,maybe two of three ways...
Hard Labor, being smart ... or hand me down(entitlement)
I choose the first two, fifty plus years ago.
"YEP! Got me a Steyr and duh Leu-pold and a Rolex...
Now all i needs is a purty purple motobike like you..."

Moneys great bud, but it doesnt make you better or smarter than anyone else.

[Linked Image]
Bike got sold and went to Africa again..paid for all,by working smarter.... and notice I don't wear a Pimp watch...

Cute little girl, by the way....
ringworm, thanks for your input, but I decided to pass on the Kimber. I am headed over to my local pawn shop to see if they have any Krieghoff double rifles for sale. I really want to shoot a horse with stripes.
To do or not,to "really want to" doesn't matter much....
See ya, Cheapo...
I'm out polishing the Rolls,gave the butler the week off,waiting on the maid to finish dusting the Trophy room and the party is on....
You guys crack me up...Happy Thanksgiving
[quote=reelman The actual dealers are the ones keeping the companies and the distributors in business[/quote]

And here I thought it was the firearms purchaser that kept the companies going.

No matter where it is purchased, from a FFL or Basspro, someone gets the money and the person who provides the best product/service is the one that should be rewarded. Most of the firearms that I possess have not been purchased from a traditional brick and mortar and most importantly I would not own them otherwise. Either they were not stocked beside the Rem 740 with see throughs or they were marked up double.

Some of the deals' rediculous markups have done more for guncontrol than Sarah Brady.

But then Adam Smith has been long dead as well as the concept of the free market.
Rifle says " you guys crack me up"...?....... Rifle your the one who showed up runnin your trap? Plus you don't even know what your talkin about. I woulda sold a purple bike too....or gave it to my wife...just sayin.
So you are OK with someone cutting into the business in which you work,which WILL affect how you are paid and earn a living?

I travel alot and see more and more business going under everyday all over this country and a lot of people out of work.So, you are OK with that?
The people who cut the back-door deals are the ones causing the Car dealer,gun dealers or any other business to raise prices,cut jobs and transform into a self-survival mode.How long do think this will last?......
think small,be small?
And yet,you quote from the Bible as a signature? Laffin here..
At what level did you finish school? Your grammer is hard to read?
There are some people here with SERIOUS underlying issues.
Yes I quote the Bible....always will. You picked a fight with a nice man asking a simple question. It seems your off your meds or something?
Maybe you should stop now. Wait till another day and reread your posts on this topic. Then maybe you can see what the rest of us see? Just a suggestion?....btw.....it finished 6th grade. Only tooked me 3 tries....lol
Some people work hard for their money and feel that it is their right to spend how and where they want..............I am one of those people.

Some dealers around me are idiots..........if my money is better spent on an internet transaction then so be it!!!
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
ringworm, thanks for your input, but I decided to pass on the Kimber. I am headed over to my local pawn shop to see if they have any Krieghoff double rifles for sale. I really want to shoot a horse with stripes.

you want to just borrow one of mine?

Just let me remeber what I did with that other barrel...
[Linked Image]
My wife on the other hand graduated pharmacy school and helps lil ol me with them beeg words. I just sit around and try to figure out how to beat the small business owner out of a buck.....espically since almost every person in my family owns their own business....lol
Yep. That should be no match for one of those ponys.

BTW, the pawn shop said he would order me one, but could not tell me when it would come in. Talk about schit service! I may have to call Jerrys in the morning. That will put that asshat pawn broker out of business.

I will be happy to borrow yours, sans a barrel. Those black and white horses can't be that tough. Reckon you can ride one?
Still laffin.......

[Linked Image]
Ready aim fire

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I sold my girls bike and went and killed this...!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Doood, you are my kind of redneck. Those are beautiful horses! You, not so much. The wife- a very pretty lady. Wanna buy a Kimber cheap?
From a basement bandit?.....no way! I should travel hours to a kimber dealer and pay msrp. I mean diesel is 3.89 here but that supports people by me burning it right? I should also stop and eat two meals along the way to help others business. So na....I'll take a trip and invest 1400 in my next kimber to stimulate our local economy. Then lil ol me will be broke and I'm bettin rifle will pass a hat at his local store to help me make ends meet....!
Hey......my mom thinks I'm nice lookin....grin.
If you notice I have a kimber for sale now. I feel bad for buying it second hand from a member here and only paying 8 or 9 for it. I've decided it's in the best interest to my local community to sell it now.....lol
I helped CO's economy on this trip
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A small business owner in MS with this purchase
[Linked Image]
Our local economy....grin

[Linked Image]
Few folks in Leupold/McMillan circle done ok here.....
[Linked Image]
Bike got sold and went to Africa again..paid for all,by working smarter.... and notice I don't wear a Pimp watch...

Cute little girl, by the way....

Not his kid.
You poor uneducated bastid. Come see me sometime, but make sure you bring those rifles. Any interest in killing a horse with stripes? It will make your dick longer.
Lol.......I can't read the map to get there....grin. If I pay extra will you come get me.....?.....grin
It seems odd to have found a threesome who would disrespect an animal of Africa on the "Fire,but I have found them.I wonder how that would go in a real dicussion on Africa with you three...
Envy is a sin...look it up,then grow up.....
That bike cost more then both of your "single-wides" and sold for much more..and you may have seen it on TV,if you have one?
that's an investment in America....
Get your head out of your ass and look around at the big world...
Me don't reckon I said I wanted to go to Africa?.....envy ok....sure. Me don't have a single wide but sure wouldn't make fun of anyone that does. That's not polite. Yes even in TN I have a picture box. Anything else? I also have some real cool dogs..!
Everyone has a reason for where they purchase most items. Don't know the markups between distributor, authorized dealer and the little guy when it comes to firearms.

Have two little local stores close by that I frequent. In the past I have purchased firearms from one and had firearms sent to the other.

The one I have bought from will usually not have what I want, and I will ask if they can get it and how much. They look it up, say yes and quote the price. They know what the competition charges and in the past have said, "Here's my cost, add $50-$75."
"OK get me one." I'm glad to have them around for the often overlooked little things that sometimes popup, such as: "You still hunting Grouse?" "Yes." "Well then me see if I can get you on such and such place. Now you will not be allowed to hunt Deer, but perhaps Grouse."

The second place I essentially just buy stuff from. Have had a private transaction shipped to his place twice. What did they want for a transfer fee? Nothing. The last time I said no, how much. "OK, give me $25, but you don't have too. Just remember were here if you need something."

Third place, I just remembered. Back when you couldn't get primers, I stopped in and asked if they had any. "How many you want?" "I'll take whatever you can let go." "Ok 400 for now." Regular price, no excessive markup.

Someone had a pharmacist for a wife. She work in an independent, hospital or chain? Odds are hospital or chain. Gone are the days of the kid getting sick late and calling up the local guy late and have them open up and take care of you. Yes, today if you live in suburbia a 24 hour chain will be relatively close, but it's not the same.

Addition: Pull into the 24hour pharmacy, unknown to the Pharmacist, with a needed narcotic prescription, from a Physician they are unfamiliar with. It may be a long night.

Some times it's worth paying extra. Sometimes not.
I totally get small business...I mentioned almost all my family and many friends own their own business. It was my wife that's a pharmacist too. She works for a small town independent store. So again I get helpin the lil stores out prolly more than some defending them on this thread. My whole point was a nice fella with a ffl was gettin the third degree for wanting to purchase a dang rifle. He was called a "basement bandit" for even having a ffl...! I'm as much or more for small business than most. Maybe because it's how I was raised and now my wife and I both work for small business owners.
Then you should get the point of all this,if not go back to the beginning and start reading...
I asked a simple question,expecting a answer of some sense and got a bunch of BS..that's when the Dog fight started. I've had the day off and had a ball with it....
If anybody SHOULD understand the meaning of respect to the small business,it should be YOU....
How does your wife feel about all the cheap drugs coming out of Canada? Maybe after she loses her job,it will sink in....
If that happens we can buy cheap horses and Trade horse hunts for motorcycles.
Hope nobody cuts into your horsechit....
but it could happen,Beware
Amazing how people can feel proud about being cheap....

Good night all..Happy Thanksgiving!
and let's be thankful for what we have,Remember those that gave so much and recieved so little,but yet carry on..
Muddy boots...
For your information, you arrogant prick, I was raised in a single wide trailer. Yes. To a single mother. My family were plumbers. You got a problem with that.
You think that puts me beneath you?
Your a spoiled little boy. jerking on his pud cuz he doesnt know what to do with his hands.
You talk all this BS about buying local, what TX exotic hunting facility did you put out of buisness.
You went and spend all that money in Africa didnt you?
What about the mom and pop hunting camps in TX?
I guess you dont shop in National chains either, or bank w/ a national branch.
Do you eat all local fruits and veggies? pump your own gas behind the house?
Are you typing on a US made computer?

Your an elitist prick who cant keep his phylosiphy straight. And when you get pressed into a corner you cant answer straight so you call people cheap?
That's supposed to be some kind of insult? Cheap?
Thanks. I take it as a compliment.
So maybe you can answer the one simple question I asked 4 pages back...
What portion of my income is forfit?
How much ?
Or do i just have to pay whatever is asked.
What about it?
Your the brains here. Im just some cheap trailer raised SC redneck.
what percentage of my dollar is owed to mom and pop because they are local?
Oh my, ..my stalker is back...?
Still having a hard time with the real world and can't figure out what to do with his money?
You sir, are the Eliteist... (What portion of my income is forfit?), I think it's spelled "forfeit".

If you do not care about your local area,you owe nothing...
If you do not care about others,you owe nothing...
If your world really in about all you,you owe nothing...

If, however,you recieve good service/product,pay your share and watch the world grow...it's called living with others.Lay down at night with a clear conscience....
To help more,I've included it's meaning...
"Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition or judgment of the intellect that distinguishes right from wrong."
Few folks in Leupold/McMillan circle done ok here.....
[Linked Image]

Look how many business I helped out with parts guns. Why are you not bragging on me?
I mean I could buy one gun local(let's try to keep in mind all business are "local" somewhere) but I've helped McMillan,talley,Leupold,Jewell,Rick Binn, Larry Potterfield,etc......
I think you missed the point again..
Did you cut out any middle man in your purchases? Did you bend any rules to save a buck? All of the business you listed are consumer direct.That's what you're suppoesed to do,correct?

We seem to still be on a different page...I asked the OP why he didn't buy local,when in fact he was trying to make a back-door deal with a manufacturer that does not allow such,they help to protect their DEALERS investments...got it?
Why are you still in this?
Let me explain something to you from a mans perspective.
Grasp this...
Some people...Most people...have this thing called a budget.
See, what we have to do is figure out how much money we need to pay our bills...expenses and things.
Then after that if we have put away some money to treat ourselves then we can use it to buy something we want.
So You can understand better I will give you an example.
If it helps you can go get help from the guy who cuts your grass...
Mr. Smith want to buy a rifle. He has $1000 (I know, Mr Smith is NOT a UNC grad). He decides he wants a Steyr.
Well the local shop says,"Sure Mr. Smith, I will sell you the rifle for $1000"
Mr Smith goes to get the money, hidden at home in his backyard in a mason jar, and realizes he cant shoot the rifle without ammo, a scope, rings and bases."
Stupid Duke graduate!
So he goes back to the dealer and explains the problem. His dealer, always willing to help, says OK we can do this.
I have a Nice redfield scope for $250 ($149 at Acadamy but thats not local) a set of Leupold bases and rings. And as a service I will mount them for you for Free (what a guy).

250+40+35
Now what rifle... NOT the Steyr you only have less than $700 left, not to mention sales taxs.
But wait... "I have this nice savage hunter for $564. add tax and thats $942...
I saved you $58!"

So Mr. Smith thinks on it and starts researching the savage rifle himself online. He finds that the rifle is cheaper on Gunbroker and Not only that but the Steyr rifle his Local MOM and POP wanted $1K for was $650+ shipping
WOW! he could get the rifle shipped to his dealer NO TAXS and have it in his hands for $675. And look scopes and rings on Gunbroker to.
So instead of the savage, Mr Smith gets his steyr and a LEUPOLD scope none the less all set up for $1000..
Uh, oh poor Mom and Pop... they only made $25 on the transfer.
And the State didnt get any taxs. Oh and the post office made $25.
But Mr. Smith. THE ONE SPENDING THE GD MONEY!!!
he got what he wanted and since its his Fking money ..
Why the FK do you care?
None of that has nothing to do with the back-door deal of the OP?
You stayed up all night for that? You have great plans,do you also plan over-throws of small Governments? You really have a bad jones for your local gun dealer,but that has NOTHING to do the OP's dealings....

But for you,Your word for today is "Integrity"
( is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy,[1] in that it regards internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs.
I won't have much time today to chat,my wife and I are off to cook lunch at my Dad's old VFW...Good day
Okay, not once have I seen an accurate statement about Kimber's sales policy. Prior to becoming a Master Dealer I purchased from a distributor.

As a Master Dealer, Kimber does nothing to protect my sales territory. I have to compete directly with the guy down the street who is a larger business with multiple locations. That business is a member of a buying group, and buying groups have two advantages over me.

One, they are able to purchase Kimbers cheaper than me. Two, they are not restricted as to MAP, minimum advertised price.

The Kimber price sheet shows Dealer, Master Dealer and Retail pricing. I paid approximately dealer price through the distributor, and never attempted to buy at that price through Kimber. I have no idea if one is able to.

The so called basement bandit cannot hurt me on Kimber products. The buying group can.
Ok, good points...If I could ask?
Are you a brick & morter store front?

If so,why would a basement dealer not hurt you?

Do they deserve the same discounts as you?My reference to protecting investments,meant your building/employees/capital. I do not have inside info to dealer prices,nor do I need/want it.That was not my point.
As a brick front,can you join the Buyers Group?

My imput was a simple statement about someone cutting a corner,costing somebody,somewhere earned profits from investing captial and personal time into a business they are passionate about.
Some think a cheap price is good service....
entitled profits from investing captial and personal time

I couldn't care less about yall's argument.... But just because you invest capital and time doesn't mean you're ENTITLED to anything.
You have a point,however,if you work a job,either for yourself or someone else..You are entitled to get paid for what you have earned? Yes?
If you work for yourself there may be times when you work and don't earn anything.

If all I had to do was open a business and start writing myself a check, I would. But it's a bit more complicated than that.
Yep, There's more to it,
like I said "you have to work at it"

I gladly support my local dealers as long as it does cost me any more money to do so.
Outside of a Gander Mountain I've never seen a new kimber in stock in a gunstore in the 4 states I travel thru pretty regular.

Of course if I wanted one I could drive to the enarest gun store and pay the $75 transfer fee for an order if I ordered it myself or if the ordered it for me I would pay full MSRP on any order.

So maybe I pass on that and go to the next gunstore that will order anything and everything you want - as long as you want to pull full MSRP on it.

Of course he will do a transfer as well. For 10% of the cost of the gun. Sounds like a bargain right? Of course maybe I say screw it and decide to just pay the 10% because I really want it - nothing beats having someone order something for you that cost a grand or more and then listen to them tell you how big of an idiot you are when you could buy XX at a fraction of the cost or what you really need is YY which is nothing like what you wanted. That right there in a nutshell is why people rather just order it off the phone or internet and pay a transfer fee. Of course that assumes he will even order it or tell you "They don't make it" even when you have a stock number and have a distributors name who has one in stock etc...I've been down that road multiple times at multiple shops. Trust me people get tired of it and they don't have to put up with it any longer. If you have a great local store - great - go buy everything they have.

There's a reason mom and pop gunstores are going under left and right. It's call capitalism. You better do it better and cheaper or you won't be around much longer. The internet changed all that, adapt or go under. Sorry if that's harsh but that's what every business has to deal with. My business deals with it everyday and I don't have federal regualtions that help prop me up either. If my customers start buying stuff out of state because it's cheaper/and or better I better figure out why in a hurry.

It's called capitalism.
So yoiu have an FFL! do you have a store front and regular business expenses like rent and payroll and insurance? I would guess not. All business have expenses except garage bandits. Most distributors will not sell to anyone without a store front and retail licenses as well as sales tax license.
Hope nobody cuts into your horsechit....
but it could happen,Beware
Amazing how people can feel proud about being cheap....

Good night all..Happy Thanksgiving!
and let's be thankful for what we have,Remember those that gave so much and recieved so little,but yet carry on..
Muddy boots...

Rifle you seem upset...is it because you finally figured out boxer really is bigstick..... still laffin smile
Naw...I just have a BAD juju about cheats,cheating and pluckin' people out of their money...I like to see people do well...

From what I am hearing,I guess I am blessed to have a good dealer in my area...

You going good? Kilt a big deer yet?
Yep, There's more to it,
like I said "you have to work at it"

And even when you work at it, you might not make any money. And you're certainly not entitled to any.

It's called Capitalism....God's way of determining who's smart, and who's poor.
Naw...I just have a BAD juju about cheats,cheating and pluckin' people out of their money...I like to see people do well...

From what I am hearing,I guess I am blessed to have a good dealer in my area...

You going good? Kilt a big deer yet?

I'm doing fine thanks for asking, hope your doing well also, I just think it's human nature to try and get the best deal a person can, I do try to support the business's in my area if they have fair prices and as funds allow, but will admit I like good deals too..... I did support Montana fish and game and a few other states as well

[Linked Image]

One thing I agree on is we have alot to be thankful for......Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I gladly support my local dealers as long as it does cost me any more money to do so.

+1

you have some serious issues.

WTF is that BS?

there is your absolute problem. That one statment.
To cheat means to go against the rules. Whos rule? What rule? Under what pretext am I mandated to be a benefactor to a buisness that I reap no rewards from? I am not an investor in thier venture. I am a customer.

If I choose to buy an identical item from a less expensive source I am a cheat?
Obviously your daddy was too busy to teach you any GD manners.
In my world you dont call someone a cheat or a liar unless you have expectations of going out back.
Your a fking loudmouth arrogant prick.
You know chit about economics and you know chit about capitalism.

"protect investments"?
WTF?
your a freaking communist. you think that just because a company build or rents a space and unlocks the door at 9am they should be a prefered seller?
I work hard to shave a few dollars from the budget and buy my toys. Why should I negate my wants to support someone who isnt willing to adapt to reality?
Your a fking clown. you obviously stumbled into some money or married into it.
Probably the inlaws take care of you. you certainly never put on boots and worked for anything or you would understand one simple premise...

"I do not recognize the good of others as a justification for their seizure of my property "

and to all you MOM AND POP"S or BRICK AND MORTARS let me say this...

MINE. MY MONEY. Not a single penny do i owe to anyone who has not provided me adequate service. I deal with all men in trade. I want something from you, i will gladley pay its value, no more.
I will not financially support your cause or effort. For me to do so would cause you ruin because my buisness with you would be a crutch, allowing you to continue on in a buisness you could not succeed in without my charity.

Do you really think that a person who opens a restraunt, build a buisness, hires employees and pays taxs to the community should be supported by the commiunity if thier food sucks?

I suggest you spend some of that loot you seem to have hidden away from your inlawss and buy a copy of Atlas Shrugged, or borrow one from the Library.

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT ORDER IT ONLINE...
No entitlement here,no in-laws,son of a two war NCO,educuted by life in the real world...look a person in the eye and mean what you say....however,
I do think I have a full understanding now, what "ringworn" does to one's brain...could almost feel sorry for you,but it's self-infected... not much help with that.

Happy Thanksgiving..anyway
your sons service has chit to do with you.
your balls stayed the same size. I guess it does jump generations.
Seems your dad and son got the best of the balls and the brains.
Tell your son I said Semper Fi. I did my time w/ 3RDMARDIV.

Hi Ecclectic
Sorry to come in this thread but it seem to me that you live in a liberal, capitalist anti socialist country. That's the way business is done world wide now: the more you have money, the biggest your shop or buying group the best rebate you get. Not only Kimber, Sony, Remington, GM or i don't know which or who...Every one!

It the same in our country or else where in EEC. That's life.
Sorry for you and other guy (i know some who are in same contest)
Have a good turkey and Thanksgiving
Dom
I've got other things to do,like paper patch some bullets for my .22 Hornet...I concide to the village idiot..
You guys carry on as you please..treat others as you wish..

Ringworm..you're welcome to come over any time,tell the guards I said OK,but don't try to climb the walls....
The store has been in the same location since 1955. Since the so called basement bandits cannot buy directly from Kimber, they pay more for an item than I do. They cannot compete with me on price. The opposite is true for members of the buying groups.

We cannot join a buying group. If one of the other dealers in town dropped out, we might be able to do so. That is unlikely.
I see this is an old thread but thought I would commit on it. Kimber is sold through a few wholesalers. MGE, Orian, and shooing sport wholesale. I do have a FFL and operate from my home. This whole industry is a joke. As a dealer its very hard to make a fair profit from the sales from firearms. This industry should be no different than any other all items should be sold at msrp. The sale should be made based on the salesman being able provide good service. This crap selling at cost or a $1 over cost does nothing for this industry and shame on the gun manufactures for allowing this to go on. If there is a $300 difference one needs to look at everything. No mom and pop operation is making millions. Most are just trying to staying a float.
© 24hourcampfire