Home
Surfing the web last night and came across one on Shedhorn's website....

Jumped on it at $1099.....

My smith has instructions to cut & recrown at 23", skim bed, and set trigger to 3# upon arrival.

There's a Zeiss 2.5-8 Conquest sitting on the bookshelf that will go into a set of Leupold Dual Dovetails.

The wait begins...
keep Us Posted, im waiting on my vx3 and talleys, that should be im tomorrow for my .25-06, all i did was adjust trigger down to a hair below 3 lbs. Thats one nice trigger, bet i could get it down to 2 Lbs easily and safely! I like it around 3. I cant wait to shoot her friday.
That's a damn good price...
I thought so grin
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
The wait begins...

Oh, how agonizing, the wait.

Dies are purchased, bullet choices abound, load manuals nearly memorized, powder choices.....oh, the wait.
I hope you are not dissapointed, they don't have a good track record with 0.284 tubes.
I do recall the issues with the 84M in 7mm-08.

The 84L's seem to have better reviews, so I'm going to scratch my long standing AI itch.

Lilja ia always an option, however.....
There's a good chance your rifle's trigger will be set up just right. Maybe you should shoot it before you chop and skim it. You might save a few bucks.
I do recall the issues with the 84M in 7mm-08.

The 84L's seem to have better reviews, so I'm going to scratch my long standing AI itch.

Lilja ia always an option, however.....

As long as you are financially and emotionally prepared for that possibility, you'll love the rifle. Pacnor is another option and they install where Lilja doesn't.
I love my 84L 280AI. It is very accurate with just about every bullet in the 139-160 gr range. I already have 350 rounds down the tube. Have fun!
Hey you guys, don't shirk your duty and forget to post stuff after your range sessions. Its been a little thin on the 280AI range talk. whistle
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I hope you are not dissapointed, they don't have a good track record with 0.284 tubes.

Thanks for bringing that up, I was unaware of that. I've got three Kimbers with 0.284 tubes and they are all very accurate. How many bad ones have you had?
Seems to me I heard that they'd quit making 7/08's for a while, why was it again? And I sure could be mistaken about this?

Dober
Just one bad 7/08. They stopped making them a few years back someone posted. Seems like the bobs and the 260's are mostly shooters, sevens suck, and 308's are a coin toss. That is pure speculation on my part based on reading posts here at the Fire.

They might have started again. I got a Classic Stainless in the 30k range, which is a newer gun.
Kimber-why'd the stop making them, rumor I heard was they were having accuracy issues with them?

Dober
I have been desperatley searching for a 7/08 or 7WSM(Montana)...to no avail. Guessin I will try for a 280AI....settle...I guess wink.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Hey you guys, don't shirk your duty and forget to post stuff after your range sessions. Its been a little thin on the 280AI range talk. whistle

If the snow holds off for a while I'll break out the chrony ASAP.

What was the powder for 140gr bullets? Something by VV IIRC?
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
I have been desperatley searching for a 7/08 or 7WSM(Montana)...to no avail. Guessin I will try for a 280AI....settle...I guess wink.

The 2012 catalog lists the 7-08 in the Montana. Might be a temporary shortage as they juggle their inventory and production.
Dober,

Don't know if they actually stopped or was Internet rumor, but I picked up my 7-08 in a Classic Stainless (off Gunbroker) that has zero issues...

Marty
WHY OH WHY did I open this thread...must resist...a 280 AI in a Montana is gonna be a freight train load of cool grin

Gunner
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Dober,

Don't know if they actually stopped or was Internet rumor, but I picked up my 7-08 in a Classic Stainless (off Gunbroker) that has zero issues...

Marty

Looking at the last 3 years of catalogs, the 7-08 was always listed. This is the first year the .260 is off the charts.
Boy, they really crank out the pistols, there must be 75 different models to choose from.
Originally Posted by gunner500
WHY OH WHY did I open this thread...must resist...a 280 AI in a Montana is gonna be a freight train load of cool grin

Gunner

In that case you definitely want to stay away from the Mashburn thread. grin
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

In that case you definitely want to stay away from the Mashburn thread. grin

Thanks for the warning nyrifleman laugh..now where did I put those search function destructions? grin

Gunner
Surfing the web last night and came across one on Shedhorn's website....

Jumped on it at $1099.....

My smith has instructions to cut & recrown at 23", skim bed, and set trigger to 3# upon arrival.

There's a Zeiss 2.5-8 Conquest sitting on the bookshelf that will go into a set of Leupold Dual Dovetails.

The wait begins...

Ha! I handled that rifle in Shedhorn last week.

Congrats'!
Thanks for passing!!!!
Ha, you were safe.

Have a 270 L MT already. Only really want another 308 Win MT...
All right, y'all have forced me to break out some pics in defense of Montana .284's...

Hope the 280AI shoots better than my Montana 7-08...

[Linked Image]

Not sure how I put up with this thing!

My Montana 7-08 shoots a fair bit of stuff pretty well, but it's a little particular about what it really likes best. It will shoot a similar TTSX 120 load under an inch, and shoots Federal Fusions even better - which kind of pleases and annoys me at the same time...grin.

Where it really shines, though, is as a hunting rifle!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/djtex/2007LH12Point083.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/djtex/Bobcat/BioHannahBdayBobcatAlbany2009160-1.jpg[/img]

I bet you're going to flat love that 280AI, especially in the field.

Hope it works our real well for you!

DJ
DJ....you really aughta wipe the powder off them 25 yard targets before posting...grins
Yeah...but imagine what a hunter I must be to get within 25 yards of all those critters!!

Grin...

DJ
Nice bucks DJ grin

Where it really shines, though, is as a hunting rifle!

Sometimes we get so busy looking at calipers we forget about what those Kimber rifles were designed to excell at.

For around 1K, nothing else even comes close.
© 24hourcampfire