Home
Posted By: SoTexasH Mossberg 4x4 Muzzle Break - 01/28/12
any idea why the put them even on the lighter kicking rifles? I heard they can be mighty loud.
They ARE very loud. I went through a muzzle brake stage back in the 80's, will never have another, on any rifle, ever again.

Stock fit and rifle weight or as a last resort a lesser caliber are much better options.

A muzzle brake on a Mossberg 4x4? Look in the dictionary under abomination and there will probably be a photo of that very combo.
Posted By: kawi Re: Mossberg 4x4 Muzzle Break - 01/28/12
338 it helps I like it. I,am a wimp but it will put a 250gr where a prickle peare would blush.
Posted By: SoTexasH Re: Mossberg 4x4 Muzzle Break - 01/28/12
I have been looking for a 25-06 with laminate stock and don't want to break the bank.. I found this but my gosh a muzzle break on a 25-06 .. get real.
Should be easy enough to remove it. Thread protector or remove 1/2 inch from the barrel. As for me, I cannot stand the looks and lines of those and would prefer to throw a spear as to have one infesting my gunsafe, but that is just me.

Lots of Vangurads, Used semi Custom Mausers, and other 25/06's that I would much rather have.

Could you live with a 6mmAI instead of a 25/06 if 'someone' wanted to make you a great deal and rescue you from the abomonation that is called the Mossmuck 4x4?
© 24hourcampfire